IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

11 minutes ago, jamc said:

Yes, I noticed this from the start with v. 3.5. Spinning beachball off and on every time I use it. 2012 i7 mac mini with 16GB. I've gone back to v. 3.2 for now.

You'll want to perform a database defragmentation using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Took a while to find my way round it, as mentioned in other posts it's not very intuitive and basic settings are tricky to locate.  Everything seems to work, including Dirac plug ins.  Can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow.  Thanks for making it available to existing customers, much appreciated.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:30 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

You can try trashing is preferences:

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana, it should ask to install SystemOptimizer at first track playing.

It took me awhile to test this fix (busy) but it took care of my issue.  Thanks again, @RunHomeSlow !

Me Me again...

While it seem that I found how to activate the volume on my mac mini remote, I cannot switch to the next song from my remote...

And there is no audio filter to be found... (Steepness, filter max, cut-off and the other)

Still looking : if I find it I will let you know....

Dan The Man

On 4/24/2019 at 9:01 PM, Jud said:

This is Windows, let me check Mac tomorrow.

AudirvanaCapture.PNG

Same with Mac:

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 8.05.06 PM.png

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 minutes ago, biosailor said:

On my Mac mini (2018, i7, Mojave ver 10.14.4) quitting Audirvana 3.5 does not work. The spinning beachball displays and I need to force quit the application. Quitting neither works with the shortcuts (command Q).

Can you send me by email or PM the hang report you get?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

30 minutes ago, Marten said:

Sono l'unico con problemi di sincronizzazione in 3.5.5 ????
Schermo molto lento e tremolante, più di un'ora di sincronizzazione per 8 nuovi CD .....
E dopo mi mancano 30000 vecchi file.
Ho fatto lo stesso nella vecchia versione. Nessun problema.

Very slow synchronization from nas and Tidal

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

19 minutes ago, Giacomino said:

Very slow synchronization from nas and Tidal

From TIDAL? Is it just now (potential TIDAL servers transient issue?)?

From your NAS, is it for the initial sync? What is the speed of your connection to the NAS? Wifi or wired?

15 hours ago, damien78 said:

Replay Gain > signal processing (e.g. AU) > upsampling

This enables to use Audio Units not able to work with high sample rates.

In this case you should really provide Dither options after signal processing and upsampling ... so as the last step before sending the data to the DAC (dither should always be the last processing step, as you know).

Doesn't have to be an armada of dither options like HQ Player provides. But at least TPDF Dither for 16bit, 20bit, 24bit output should be available.

Otherwise I'd regard this version of Audirvana incomplete

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

From TIDAL? Is it just now (potential TIDAL servers transient issue?)?

From your NAS, is it for the initial sync? What is the speed of your connection to the NAS? Wifi or wired?

NAS here is wired. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

3 hours ago, damien78 said:

Da TIDAL? È solo ora (potenziale problema transitorio dei server TIDAL?)?

Dal tuo NAS, è per la sincronizzazione iniziale? Qual è la velocità della tua connessione al NAS? Wifi o via cavo?

For Tidal it could be the server, from the sync sync in wifi, but with version 3.2 it was more responsive and faster.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

NAS on a wired GB connection: synching takes about 5 minutes at each and every launch

used to take 1m in 3.2.x

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@Jud : As you have always been helpful just want your opinion: should I wait a bit longer to go to ver 3.5 all I care about is listening to my my Qobuz and TIDAL self made playlists and Qobuz/TIDAL themselves? Also how do I recover my License Key-it was so long ago for me and my 2checkout doesn't recognize me? And do I download both ver 3.5 and the remote A+(I have the remote on my iPad pro and my iPhone 7)? My system is quite simple a late 2012 MacMini i7 with 16GB RAM USB to both Meridian Explorer2 and Schiit Gungnir using El Capitan. thanks for your time bobbmd

46 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@Jud : As you have always been helpful just want your opinion: should I wait a bit longer to go to ver 3.5 all I care about is listening to my my Qobuz and TIDAL self made playlists and Qobuz/TIDAL themselves? Also how do I recover my License Key-it was so long ago for me and my 2checkout doesn't recognize me? And do I download both ver 3.5 and the remote A+(I have the remote on my iPad pro and my iPhone 7)? My system is quite simple a late 2012 MacMini i7 with 16GB RAM USB to both Meridian Explorer2 and Schiit Gungnir using El Capitan. thanks for your time bobbmd

Wow, I have very similar set, including the same build of mac mini and Gungnir. I am not Jud, but here is what I would do – try to send email to Damien. If you have the same mail it would work.

@AnotherSpin thanks will do but he (Damien) is more interested in all those esoteric questions with new version than my mundane ones i could care less about izotope/sOx filters upsampling etc I just want what i have already in terms of music playlists etc to transfer and play on ver 3.5 without having to worry about backups and deleting my current ver 3.1.26 and not having new ver play like some others have in this thread

thanks again for reply

1 minute ago, bobbmd said:

@AnotherSpin thanks will do but he (Damien) is more interested in all those esoteric questions with new version than my mundane ones i could care less about izotope/sOx filters upsampling etc I just want what i have already in terms of music playlists etc to transfer and play on ver 3.5 without having to worry about backups and deleting my current ver 3.1.26 and not having new ver play like some others have in this thread

thanks again for reply

You're welcome! Your info should be stored somewhere and recovered easy, just ask)

On 4/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, Innocent Bystander said:

Has v3.5 added the ability to browse and search by file structure, a facility that sadly has been missing to date?

On 4/23/2019 at 11:00 PM, Jud said:

You can effectively have something like that if you use the Tracks or Albums view and have File Location as your first sorting criterion.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, Jud said:

It will group tracks or albums according to your indexing criteria. So if your first criterion is file location, your second is artist, your third is album, and your fourth and fifth are sample rate and bit depth, then your albums will be grouped by file location (alphanumerically) first, by artist within that file location, by album within that artist, and by sample rate and bit depth within that album.

OK, this whetted my appetite, and I have installed a trial version of 3.5. 

And, indeed, setting local library albums first sort criterion to be Audio File Location works wonders!

Not as flexible as full file structure browsing with drilling down because it is all presented in a linear way. However, although cumbersome (even with my fairly modest collection of about 1200 albums), the genres I assign through file structure are at least grouped now so I can to scroll through to the one I want. (Metadata genres are a PITA as there are far too many, requiring editing of almost everything)

Now at least I can readily see albums that are duplicated or split, sitting side by side, which facilitates checking their metadata to find out why. Whether any albums are still missing or if this now shows them will take me a while to discover.

Thanks to Damien for this facility - albeit I know because of Jud’s response: thanks, Jud

BUT - it only works in the program itself, not from the remote app, and as I run my Mac Mini Headless, and using VLC to control is more of a hassle than the remote, I hope it will be incorporated into the app very soon.

Now I just have to decide if sonic differences between 2.6 and 3.5 are either negligible or positive!

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)