IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

@AnotherSpin : I bit the bullet- wrote A support received my License Key almost immediately(try that kind of response from ROON(not)) and downloaded ver 3.5. It transferred all my selfmade Qobuz/TIDAL playlists my iTunes library etc almost instantaneously! The GUI is spectacular I chose the dark/blue and the sound I think is superb with either ME2 or Gungnir(better with ME2 me thinks). Only thing is where are the previous 

'preferences' found on ver 3.2? I clicked the cogwheel in upper right corner just get all the info when I started up/also tried the speaker icon in right lower corner like someone suggested all it did was mute the sound- so where do I find the filters audio filters and 'stuff' so I can 'experiment' a little?

What Gungnir do you use mine is the original pre-multibit one-you should try the ME2 only about 200$ and if you care does MQA unfolding-have you done anything to that 2012 Mini? I took mine to a certified Apple computer repair store and they installed a 2TB WD hard drive.

Haven't heard from Jud but that is ok-I am certainly NOT having the probs others are having on these pages just KISS is the best route.

21 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@AnotherSpin : I bit the bullet- wrote A support received my License Key almost immediately(try that kind of response from ROON(not)) and downloaded ver 3.5. It transferred all my selfmade Qobuz/TIDAL playlists my iTunes library etc almost instantaneously! The GUI is spectacular I chose the dark/blue and the sound I think is superb with either ME2 or Gungnir(better with ME2 me thinks). Only thing is where are the previous 

'preferences' found on ver 3.2? I clicked the cogwheel in upper right corner just get all the info when I started up/also tried the speaker icon in right lower corner like someone suggested all it did was mute the sound- so where do I find the filters audio filters and 'stuff' so I can 'experiment' a little?

What Gungnir do you use mine is the original pre-multibit one-you should try the ME2 only about 200$ and if you care does MQA unfolding-have you done anything to that 2012 Mini? I took mine to a certified Apple computer repair store and they installed a 2TB WD hard drive.

Haven't heard from Jud but that is ok-I am certainly NOT having the probs others are having on these pages just KISS is the best route.

Really glad it worked for you, thank you for sharing! If you are looking for sound preferences click little speaker icon bottom right and then arrow right to dac. My Gungnir is multibit. Didn't compare it with original delta-sigma, but MB sounds very good for me.

@bobbmd, I would have responded, but @AnotherSpin is doing a great job. :) 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, bnbayer said:

There is no View > Zoom In/Out on 3.5.5 on my copy. CMD +/- also doesn't do anything.

No_Zoom.jpeg

And sometimes there is... (CMD +/- works when the menu items is present, not when it's missing.) I can't see any consistency as to when it is and when it isn't.

Zoom.jpeg

7 hours ago, bnbayer said:

And sometimes there is... (CMD +/- works when the menu items is present, not when it's missing.) I can't see any consistency as to when it is and when it isn't.

Zoom.jpeg

What if you first click an album, then hit the back button; can you then see the zoom commands in the menu? That works for me. Seems like a bug...

Installed Audirvana 3.5.5 a couple of days ago. ). I`m not using streaming or any upsampling, playing (ripped) CDs via Macbook Air (ext HD), Devialet Expert Pro 220 (Devialet Air). Everything works perfectly, also the control app. In my opinion Damien has really hit the mark with 3.5.5. I have used Audirvana for many years, but now experience more resolution, more musicality, more fun to listen. Very well done, Damien

Another topic which may not belong to this thread (?) is sound difference in different versions of Mac OS. When using Audirvana 2.x.x I tried High Sierra resulting in reduced sound quality in my opinion. I`m now back on Sierra. Still haven`t decided if I will try Mojave. Others with the same experience?

I upgraded from 3.2.6 (I believe) to 3.5.5. However, there is an issue with the library. When audirvana automatically converted the library to the new version, it dropped approx. half of the albums (approx. 13k out of 26k; yes, it is a hugh library). I then deleted the converted library totally, and started from scratch by adding the folders to sync. However, the library contained again only approx. 13k albums. Audirvana again ignores a huge number of albums contained in the synced folders. All music files are either, flac, alac, or dsf. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue? Up to version 3.2.6 I never had any such issues. 

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

Maybe I should add: All albums are stored on the NAS in the following folder structure: [genre] [sub Artist Name] [sub sub Album Title]. Audirvana 3.5.5 (other than 3.2.6!) refuses to sync all albums in certain Artist Name folders, for example King Sunny Ade, Steve Coleman, Sonny Stitt. 

Synology Rackstation NAS > 2012 MacMini SSD 16GB RAM > Audirvana Plus > Ayon Stratos > Ayon Helios > Marten Miles V

1 hour ago, kinver said:

sound difference in different versions of Mac OS. When using Audirvana 2.x.x I tried High Sierra resulting in reduced sound quality in my opinion. I`m now back on Sierra. Still haven`t decided if I will try Mojave. Others with the same experience?

I stuck with El Capitan because of the direct mode issue. (Yes, I know that there is a work-around, but I couldn't be bothered, and as the Mac Mini is dedicated to Audirvana playing music there seems no reason yet to change.)

Are you using direct mode and with the workaround? If not, I wonder if doing so would  make A immune to whatever Apple may have changed affecting the sound.

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

Currently using 3.2something ... what I thought was the license # isn’t working for the 3.5 upgrade. Gotta be there somewheres ... what should I search for?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:06 AM, Marten said:

I am the only one with syncing problems in 3.5.5????
Very slow, flickering screen, more than an hour syncing for 8 new CD's.....
And after that I miss 30000 old files.
I did the same in the old version. No problem at all.

No, I'm seeing this too. Adding tracks to my iTunes library as I've done with previous versions, now triggers a "Sync" progress meter that takes a very long time to complete. In 3.2 and prior versions, A+ would pick up new tracks almost instantly.

I suspect there's a new sync engine for 3.5, probably one that's cross-compatible with Windows.

People seem to like this new one.

Most publicity was about the User Interface, tho.

I only used 3.2 once in a while after the Direct Mode change.

Don't know where that stands in this new version.

I've been using 3.5, and I like it.

Do I like it as much as HQ?

Haven't made that comparison.

Again concerning the sync failures of release 3.5.5: My music is stored on a NAS in two volumes 1) CDs, 2) HiRes. The CD volume looks as follows:

image.png.5f5c2c64f6556b9780afcf3d75599da1.png

If I add the CD folder as sync folder in Audirvana, only albums under the subfolder Classical appear in my collection. If I add the 6 genre-subfolders instead, Audirvana displays only about 50% of the albums. For example, under Afro, all albums of King Sunny Ade will be ignored, and under Jazz all albums under Steve Coleman, Sonny Stitt and many others. If I add the folder of King Sunny Ade or Steve Coleman directly in Audirvana, Audirvana displays their respective albums correcly (which indicates that there is nothing wrong with these folders). 
It is a total mystery to me what causes this wrongful syncing. 

My Audirvana runs on a Mac Mini 2012 with OS 10.11.06.