IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

2 hours ago, axle_69 said:

All good except... have to agree with tobes, there is less real estate, too much wasted space and some fonts are too big and don't work well with retina displays scaled to half the physical resolution. And that blue theme, the background of the albums shouts at you, maybe should be darker and greyish, definitely much worse than the old grey.

There is an option to change the theme to a lighter version.

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.31.19 PM.png

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I’ve also found the remote to be hit and miss when it comes to connecting. 

And the doubling of the dsd’s in my library remains unresolved. 

I just had an idea, are you by chance monitoring the same location, twice, in Audirvana? 

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, Brito said:

Yes, I had seen your reply. But my upsampling option is deactivated and I cannot activate it. 

Try manually entering your DAC’s capabilities in that same page. (Unless you've already done/tried that.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

21 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

I do, but Method 2 is just for iTunes.  My DSD’s are in a different folder.  But on the same drive.  Any ideas?  

disable method 2, and just add your iTunes destination to Method 1.  Like I said though, I am just making wild guesses.

I have my iTunes music folder set as my destination in Method 1, it works great.

No electron left behind.

I'm not an active member here, but as this thread has the ear of the author of Audivana, I'd like to post some feedback, and may be some others of you could help me.

I'm a long time Audivana user - since version 1 - and currently I'm having real difficulties. I don't stream, and nor do I use any inbuilt library functions as my computer use tends to break libraries due to constantly shifting data around.

Currently I'm unable to play anything in 3.5 - it appears "drag and drop" is no longer supported - is this really the case? So far I've tried dragging FLACs, APEs, MP3s and AACs, plus CUE files into the main window and none are accepted. Previously I exclusively used the "Play Queue" where I could select a group of tracks or a cue file and and drag them without problem to Audivana 3.2. Has anybody any ideas on this.

Where are all the advanced functions? I can't add any audio units, nor control whether I'm in exclusive access mode or not. Not to mention the whole other spectrum of settings that I found incredibly useful and was ultimately the reason I chose Audivana in the first place. These settings in their entirety need to come back.

As it stands Audivana 3.5 is unusable for me - I can't even drag and drop. Disappointingly this new version seems to be an exercise in flashy interface design and reduced functionality, not to mention considerable dumbing down. It's a shame this route was taken rather than building upon the excellent 3.2 product.

56 minutes ago, Slaphead said:

Currently I'm unable to play anything in 3.5 - it appears "drag and drop" is no longer supported - is this really the case?

The Play Queue with Drag & Drop possibilities is available in the right down corner (3 little lines)

58 minutes ago, Slaphead said:

I can't add any audio units,

Audio units can be added in the preferences available in the right down corner (speaker button).

1929490200_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-26um09_06_27.png.8104fc51b564409bcd6a93cbb16644f4.png

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

On 4/25/2019 at 9:49 AM, damien78 said:

Thanks!

1. In which view precisely is Cmd L not scrolling to the playing album?

In the Library/Album view when you start playing one album and go to another one just for viewing for instance, CMD+L should bring you back to the album which is currently playing. At least it was the case in older version.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

2 hours ago, church_mouse said:

@Slaphead

Drag and drop works for me: select the Play Queue icon found in the bottom grouping of icons, then simply drag your tracks into the queue.

I think you will find all the other functions you think are missing can be found by selecting the speaker icon (next to the play queue icon at the bottom right).  Basically, all the functions related to the sound processing are now accessed via that speaker icon.

2 hours ago, Nico said:

The Play Queue with Drag & Drop possibilities is available in the right down corner (3 little lines)

Audio units can be added in the preferences available in the right down corner (speaker button).

1929490200_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-26um09_06_27.png.8104fc51b564409bcd6a93cbb16644f4.png

Thanks guys - really appreciate it. I would have never guessed that speaker icon did anything other than change the output, and as for the 3 horizontal lines I'd have had no idea that that was the playlist.

Why oh why do people design interfaces with hieroglyphics and not cleartext - I swear to god I can't use half the apps on my smartphone because of this. Nothing is intuitive anymore.

5 hours ago, Zinc said:

Am I going insane...?

I tried 3.5 with Sox and 3.2.16 with Applecore audio, I found AppleCore Audio brighter and clearer. Sox and Izotope sounds more veiled/darker?

Whatever you like is fine. That's why there are options.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:33 AM, copy_of_a said:

Damien... after replay gain, is there also Dither applied "under the hood"?

Bug: On my 2 computers (OSX 10.11.6) AU Plugins do not work at all.

I've got quite some plugins... but not a single one is working, regardless of manufacturer or version (old or new). Not even the system AU plugins provided by Apple do work.

All is fine in A+ 3.2.16 (and has been fine all the time in all former versions).

Any ideas?

@damien78

Trashed all Audrivana related system files (library, prefs etc.) and started with 3.5.4 from scratch.

Audio Units do work as supposed to now, also in real time mode. So far so good...

However, I can't store or recall already existing presets (presets of AU Plugin settings that is).

The remote works as supposed to, too.

However, the alphabetical search option on the right side of the display is weirdly scrambled... see attachment.

Other than that I think A3.5.4 is solid ... and all in all a really nice update - much appreciated!

And many thanks for making this availble as an free update for existing customers.

Could you please adress my question from above? ->

after replay gain, is there also Dither applied "under the hood"?

... and if so, is the bitdepth selected in the preferences taken into account ("For bridge devices connected to a DAC -> 24bit instead of 32bit")?

Audirvana_Remote.jpg

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Anyone else experiencing very slow behavior? I get the OSX beachball constantly. The iMac is brand new with 8gb of memory. I just ordered another 16gb. Hope this fixes the problem.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

13 hours ago, Jud said:

Try manually entering your DAC’s capabilities in that same page. (Unless you've already done/tried that.)

Thanks for your help Jud, but I still don't see an option to choose Sox even after adjusting my DAC capabilities.

@damien78

Serious issue with iZotope SRC:

PCM upsampling to higher rate PCM. Audio Units enabled. After around 5 seconds of playback there's a short "jump" (incontinuity) in the music.

Issue goes away when ...

1.) playing with AU plugins in real time mode

2.) when using SoX as resampler (AU plugins work as supposed to in offline and in real time mode)

3.) disabling AU plugins

Also: is the sequence of processing still the same as in former versions of Audirvana?

1.) Replay Gain

2.) Upsampling

3.) AU plugins processing?

Many thanks!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

4 hours ago, davidovada said:

Anyone else experiencing very slow behavior? I get the OSX beachball constantly. The iMac is brand new with 8gb of memory. I just ordered another 16gb. Hope this fixes the problem.

Yes, I noticed this from the start with v. 3.5. Spinning beachball off and on every time I use it. 2012 i7 mac mini with 16GB. I've gone back to v. 3.2 for now.

31 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

@damien78

Serious issue with iZotope SRC:

PCM upsampling to higher rate PCM. Audio Units enabled. After around 5 seconds of playback there's a short "jump" (incontinuity) in the music.

Issue goes away when ...

1.) playing with AU plugins in real time mode

2.) when using SoX as resampler (AU plugins work as supposed to in offline and in real time mode)

3.) disabling AU plugins

Also: is the sequence of processing still the same as in former versions of Audirvana?

1.) Replay Gain

2.) Upsampling

3.) AU plugins processing?

Many thanks!

Replay Gain > signal processing (e.g. AU) > upsampling

This enables to use Audio Units not able to work with high sample rates.

This looks like old iZotope does not like some output of an AU you're using.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420