IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

19 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

But he didn’t say that you shouldn’t walk and buy it, now did he? ;)

Again, any color commentary from Amir is just that. His opinion. Maybe worth just a bit more than dime a dozen. His measurements are invaluable, OTOH.

Yep. like I said before the evidence is there for anyone to interpret. But now we have a subjective debate based on physical fact.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, jabbr said:

You've kinda sorta indicated you have commercial interests in a DAC. You should identify your specific commercial ties in your sig.

So if someone asks you what DAC you used in listening tests, it's against the rules to answer? Wow that's news to me. I thought this forum was here to discuss audio equipment? Why don't I see a list of DAC's people have heard, and are interested in all of peoples signatures? 

Pkane2001, i do not know about this,

41 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

His measurements, on the other hand, are not an opinion. 

Measuring by its self doesn’t make it “science” you have to know what your doing. So it depends on Amir if he is measuring correctly. Not saying he isn’t.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

3 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

So if someone asks you what DAC you used in listening tests, it's against the rules to answer? Wow that's news to me. I thought this forum was here to discuss audio equipment? Why don't I see a list of DAC's people have heard, and are interested in all of peoples signatures? 

Failure to disclose a commercial interest is a big no-no.  As it should be.

Your post above dodges the issue.

You need to discuss that with Chris.  you've made some worthwhile comments, so I hope you will do so.

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

Failure to disclose a commercial interest is a big no-no.  As it should be.

Your post above dodges the issue.

You need to discuss that with Chris.  you've made some worthwhile comments, so I hope you will do so.

If mentioning a DAC I've heard is a commercial interest, then Chris can go fuck himself. I'm out of this shit hole. 

2 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Try to convince a subjective audiophile that the soundstage is not as wide as they think it is O.o This is why objective is ... objectively better :)

So now you can measure not only the width of the soundstage, the depth of the soundstage, both behind the speakers AND the listening position , as well as the HEIGHT of the soundstage where this element is present, such as in a well recorded  Thunder Storm ? :o

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, Music Enthusiast said:

If mentioning a DAC I've heard is a commercial interest, then Chris can go fuck himself. I'm out of this shit hole. 

Wow! That was unprovoked. Chris had no part in what I said.

You didn't claim merely to have listened to DAC, rather done so along with a team of engineers and there was some teaching and learning going on. Unless its a DAC engineering club, then it sounds like it might be a commercial enterprise. At the very least its not an unreasonable question on my part. Why not simply answer? No big deal, or it shouldn't be.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

So now you can measure not only the width of the soundstage, the depth of the soundstage, both behind the speakers AND the listening position , as well as the HEIGHT of the soundstage where this element is present, such as in a well recorded  Thunder Storm ? :o

No. But if I tell you that my soundstage is bigger than yours, can you prove me wrong?  Can you even argue with this subjective opinion? No, because you have no idea what I'm hearing, except for the vague words of description that can mean very different things to different people. And when I tell you that it just got even bigger when I replaced my power cord, would you run out and buy the same power cord?

8 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

And when I tell you that it just got even bigger when I replaced my power cord, would you run out and buy the same power cord?

No. I would expect that an already correctly dimensioned power cord would sound the same as your power cord with my well regulated dual mono type construction Class A amplifier.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

33 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Try to convince a subjective audiophile that the soundstage is not as wide as they think it is O.o

That's not totally correct. I listened to what was on the far left and marked the spot. I listened to what was on the far right and marked the spot. I measured the distance between the two spots. It was a reproducible measurement. 😛

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Wow you guys are sure jumping to conclusions. I mention that I’ve heard 1 DAC and all the sudden I own the company! 

The company I was talking about who did the DAC tests was not Mivera Audio, and I was not involved either. 

My comment was because my IP was banned because the objectivists who were losing the debate must have reported me. So if he’s going to ban my IP based on fabricated BS then I stand behind what I said. 

23 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

That's not totally correct. I listened to what was on the far left and marked the spot. I listened to what was on the far right and marked the spot. I measured the distance between the two spots. It was a reproducible measurement. 😛

And did you count the number of veils lifted?

32 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

That's not totally correct. I listened to what was on the far left and marked the spot. I listened to what was on the far right and marked the spot. I measured the distance between the two spots. It was a reproducible measurement

IME, It is not consistant. Sometimes, I could hear a wide stage and sometimes not so. The more I listen the stage appears smaller. :(