IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

8 hours ago, PAR said:

I hope that I understand your problem and apologise in advance if I have got it wrong but if you are using the Qobuz desktop player and not the browser version here goes;

Go to the task bar at the bottom of the player.  Look along it to the far right and the last icon ( next to the volume bar). It looks like a drawing of a DAP and USB cable. Click on that and select e.g. Direct Sound or other preference instead of WASAPI Exclusive for your audio device and then go off to YouTube or whatever. Reverse the selection when you return to Qobuz. Is that of any help?

I just tried  and replicated what I think is your problem. The above works and you do not need to close Qobuz. I suggest that the reason that it does not switch from one to the other without making the change in "Audio Devices" is because to get WASAPI Exclusive to work the Win 10 sound engine has to be set to " allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and " give exclusive mode applications priority". So Win 10 is doing exactly that whilst Qobuz is both open and set to WASAPI exclusive.

Thank you for your thoughtful answer. Correct on all counts.

I am aware that Windows is giving Qobuz exclusive control as designed when I am set to WASAPI Exclusive. I'm also aware that choosing WASAPI Shared or Direct Sound will allow other sounds to play without closing Qobuz.

What I was hoping for was to get the superior signal path of WASAPI Exclusive with Qobuz, along with Qobuz releasing exclusive control once the app is stopped, as Audirvana/Qobuz does with its WASAPI Exclusive setting. All without me changing my sound preference away from WASAPI Exclusive.

@PAR Can you explain what the difference is between the Qobuz desktop app and the browser version? Is this something particular to Windows version of Qobuz? I have had Qobuz long before it came to USA with a 'French' address and have had that icon in 2 different versions on my 'dock' along bottom of my mac mini forever always thought this was the browser('desktop') version and used the terms interchangeably-- is there a difference and if so how do i know what i have and does it really make a difference in my case using a mac? thanks bobbmd

I clicked on the album cover for Mozart: Clarinet Concerto, Clarinet Quintet & Quintettsatz, K.Anh.91 and Malwarebytes Premium blocked an outbound connection to datapro.website due to a potential Trojan.  The IP address is 172.241.69.4 port 63551.

I've never seen this before while using Qobuz Desktop on Windows 10.  Now I'm getting this when clicking on some other album covers as well (but different IP and port).

@David Craff any idea what's happening?

Is anyone else running Malwarebytes Premium and getting similar warnings?  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 11/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, Talisman said:

When in WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) in the Qobuz desktop app, if I pause a song and try to listen to any other Windows sounds, the Qobuz app won't let go of Exclusive Mode and let me, for example, watch and listen to a YouTube video.

Tried this on multiple W10 computers, all using exclusive mode (with both web and desktop app).  No issues.  

I'd suggest this has a good chance of being less about Qobuz than your work computing environment.  A more detailed report on the issue would in any case be helpful for any party determined to troubleshoot.  :)

1 hour ago, rickca said:

I clicked on the album cover for Mozart: Clarinet Concerto, Clarinet Quintet & Quintettsatz, K.Anh.91 and Malwarebytes Premium blocked an outbound connection to datapro.website due to a potential Trojan.  The IP address is 172.241.69.4 port 63551.

Potential trojan hits on a known reputable site that a quick web search of shows no major reported issues or shutdowns occurring on are not a red alert definite.  The obvious answer here is update MB, restart your computer, run a scan using it and AV if you have it installed as well, then finally attempt loading the nefarious Mozart Clarinent Concerto album cover.  Fairly high chance MB is being proactive and triggering on something that matches a pattern.  MB locking down something and then refusing to let people open even the secure MB website in a browser is...

3 minutes ago, rando said:

Fairly high chance MB is being proactive

I agree that this is likely a false positive and something that Malwarebytes needs to change rather than Qobuz.

I'd still like to hear from Qobuz why the Windows desktop app would make an outbound connection to URL datapro.website.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Hello, not sure it is the right place but let’s try. I already asked a lot of time to qobuz in France if they are going to release a family subscription like their competitor Tidal is doing. I’m tired of calling my children to ask them to stop listening to qobuz while I’m trying to use it from my side.

if qobuz is not moving fast, it would be for me a clear reason to move to Tidal that should support 80-90% of my needs.

would anybody heard about any move on that ?

thanks

15 hours ago, rando said:

Tried this on multiple W10 computers, all using exclusive mode (with both web and desktop app).  No issues.  

I'd suggest this has a good chance of being less about Qobuz than your work computing environment.  A more detailed report on the issue would in any case be helpful for any party determined to troubleshoot.  :)

Thank you for the input. I checked for the same issue on Windows 10 living room PC, and it's the same. Both computers are absolute beasts, with the latest versions of Windows 10 and Qobuz. I posted the issue to see if anyone else was having it. I thought it was more about Qobuz than my PC environment because Qobuz through Audirvana properly releases Exclusive Mode when stopped.

But if not one else has the issue, we can move on. No big deal, it only affects my office computer, because the living room PC runs only one app: Qobuz in ASIO.

1 hour ago, left channel said:

@Talisman what you are reporting is normal, and it seems to me you are making a feature request not a bug report. If you have selected "Allow applications to take exclusive control" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" — which are the correct Windows system settings — then music apps that can do so will normally not release control until they are shut down.

It's great to hear that Audirvana will release control when Stop is pressed. That is a unique feature of Audirvana, and proof that you get what you pay for with an app like that. The Qobuz and Tidal apps, and all or most desktop music player apps, do not release control until you exit.

So basically what we're talking about here is a feature request.

Oh yeah, I am intimately aware of Windows 10 control panel settings — especially that one. I believe you nailed it on both counts: Audirvana is one of those "you get what you pay for" apps (but the Qobuz app is so much prettier and has mouse/keyboard back navigation!), and I suppose this does fall under the category of feature request.

Thank you for weighing in on this. The Qobuz desktop app feature set easily eclipses this small addition to the feature wishlist.

9 minutes ago, Talisman said:

but the Qobuz app...has mouse/keyboard back navigation!

Audirvana does have some keyboard shortcuts. I don’t use them, so not sure how extensive they are.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:09 AM, rando said:

I'm sorry, but that does little to provide any further helpful information about either of the computers or the potential causes.  Hopefully Qobuz staff will be able to investigate through an error report and resolve this issue for you.

Left Channel weighed in and surmised that expecting Qobuz desktop to match Audirvana’s Exclusive Mode release feature may have been too much to ask. I’m totally cool with that. I never bothered to regale readers with my particular PC specs, as I don’t need help on the hardware side. I was convinced it was a lack of a software feature, which was corroborated by other postings. 

2 hours ago, Talisman said:

Left Channel weighed in and surmised that expecting Qobuz desktop to match Audirvana’s Exclusive Mode release feature may have been too much to ask. I’m totally cool with that. I never bothered to regale readers with my particular PC specs, as I don’t need help on the hardware side. I was convinced it was a lack of a software feature, which was corroborated by other postings. 

I don't know that I'd say it's too much to ask. Maybe too much for the Qobuz dev team's to-do list right now, but certainly something I'd hope would a possibility, someday. It couldn't hurt to mention this on the feature request thread.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

13 hours ago, austinpop said:

Gents, is there any possibility of adding the Linn Records label to the Qobuz catalog?

I wonder if Linn allows third party streaming of their repertoire at all? They are not available on their home country service, Qobuz UK, either . If I am correct the reason may in part be that they run their own internet radio service to help market their records.

It is a shame as other important UK independent classical labels like Hyperion will also not allow streaming.

On 11/24/2019 at 12:03 AM, rickca said:

I've never seen this before while using Qobuz Desktop on Windows 10.  Now I'm getting this when clicking on some other album covers as well (but different IP and port).

@David Craff any idea what's happening?

Is anyone else running Malwarebytes Premium and getting similar warnings?  

I never saw this and doesn't know this adress "datapro.website". url from Qobuz must ben on qobuz.com.

Check your computer, seems to be a malware

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.