IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

4 hours ago, KenG said:

Any plans for Qobuz to support Autoplay? ie, after the last song from and album is complete, it will start a radio station with like-minded songs. 

I know that Roon does this and so does Tidal. Would be really cool if Qobuz supported it.

This feature is in progress and will be available next year

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, rn701 said:

I mainly use Tidal or Qobuz for Roon Radio. The lack of volume leveling info in Qobuz could be a deal breaker for me, despite the new lower price. Is Qobuz working on this?

Anyone? Someone on the roon forum said Qobuz told them Qobuz does not have volume leveling info and had no plans to provide it. Is that the official Qobuz response?

1 minute ago, rn701 said:

Anyone? Someone on the roon forum said Qobuz told them Qobuz does not have volume leveling info and had no plans to provide it. Is that the official Qobuz response?

Nope all the volume leveling info for our catalog should be delivered to Roon by beginning of next month. And all new releases going forward have it. 

23 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Nope all the volume leveling info for our catalog should be delivered to Roon by beginning of next month. And all new releases going forward have it. 

Can you please elaborate on this? Are you referring to ReplayGain? Is this data available when using Qobuz via the web / API or this is something that is sent to Roon as an out side process?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

Can you please elaborate on this? Are you referring to ReplayGain? Is this data available when using Qobuz via the web / API or this is something that is sent to Roon as an out side process?

Thanks!

That is correct, this data is only being sent to Roon. 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:58 AM, PAR said:

If you do not like paying that surcharge then the problem lies with your government and not Qobuz.

Disingenuous at best.

$14.99 US price equates to £11.98 at current rates.  Add 20% VAT makes £14.38, but UK price for Studio is £24.99.

I’m ready to sign up once Qobuz can offer me Studio for < £15.

2 hours ago, Norton said:

I’m ready to sign up once Qobuz can offer me Studio for < £15.

There was an announcement yesterday on What Hi-Fi? that seemed to indicate the new subscription plan was now available in the U.K. for £14.99/mo. or £149/yr.

Still more expensive than in the U.S. when adjusted for currency valuation, however that's likely the best you will do with it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

There was an announcement yesterday on What Hi-Fi? that seemed to indicate the new subscription plan was now available in the U.K. for £14.99/mo. or £149/yr.

Still more expensive than in the U.S. when adjusted for currency valuation, however that's likely the best you will do with it.

If you VPN to London the price of Qobuz Studio at the /gb-en/ store is still £24.99/month. That is what they were charging me for the US beta. I had to cancel my subscription and sign up again at the US store to get the $14.99 price I got tired of waiting for customer service to get back to me.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:02 AM, Mark Dirac said:

There is a more general usability disappointment in the Windows application, in that it is always (usually?) the case that if you navigate away from a page to investigate something, when you return your context/place is lost. For example, when scrolling through a long playlist, the same happens as reported by Mr. Polyglot above with searching - if you check out an entry in your playlist, and then return, you are returned to the top of the playlist listing, and have to navigate back down again to where you started.

The same issue happens when you delete a song(s) in a playlist (both apps, bit I use the Windows desktop app). Even if the songs you delete are far down the playlist, the playlist then shoots back to the top. Maddening. 

On 11/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, Polyglot said:

The complete Haydn string quartets by the Festetics Quartet on Arcana─my favorite rendering of these masterpieces─is missing from Qobuz U.S. but available on both Tidal and Spotify U.S., and of course Qobuz France.

Yes, I would like to see this, too. Only 6 (of Haydn's 84) are available, unless I've missed something.

An issue with cataloging is that some of their recordings are under "Festetics Quartet" and others under "Quatuor Festetics." This is a general issue I've noticed for ensembles with non-English names, such as quartets and orchestras.

2 hours ago, Mike48 said:

An issue with cataloging is that some of their recordings are under "Festetics Quartet" and others under "Quatuor Festetics." This is a general issue I've noticed for ensembles with non-English names, such as quartets and orchestras.

"Festetics String Quartet", "Festetics Quartet", "Quatuor Festetics", and any other aliases I missed appear to return every album in the catalog if you simply type "Festetic" (no 's') inside the new search UI.  Followed by numerous "Festliche" results it keyed in on placed below them. 

What should really interest you is how hard it is to fool taking liberties with foreign alphabets on a US keyboard and then misspelling the search term further.  I've been amazed how mangled something can get and still show up halfway through typing it.

7 hours ago, left channel said:

That was probably a mistake

I agree completely. If the UK Qobuz service was to change its subscription plans then all UK subscribers would be emailed ( as in the past) , the new plan explained and a path to upgrade offered. Nothing along those lines has occurred.

I think that too much is being read into this. It is what it says it is - a three month promotion by Qobuz USA. Nothing more.  There is not even a hint of the MP3 service being abandoned here in Europe. It is on offer to new subscribers today.  I can speculate that as Qobuz has existed in Europe for years they may have numerous existing MP3 customers. Perhaps the take up of Qobuz in the USA, being recent, has meant that the number of MP3 customers is insignificant allowing them to drop the service.

Qobuz has not dropped the prices per se. Unless and until we are told otherwise they go back up on 1st February or once 100,000 new subscribers are attracted, whichever is first. If a supermarket offers a two for one promotion on a product one wouldn't assume that it meant that the product would be offered at half its price once the promo was over.

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I looked everywhere. Selecting songs from a large playlist to put on a different playlist, I noticed there are several incorrect artists. The song is correct, the album is correct, but the artist is wrong. (Please see attached screenshots for two examples out of many.) Often, the correct artist will be listed in the credits if I click the information icon. I also noticed that several artists are listed as "Various Interprets" instead of the actual artists names.

On my 584-song playlist, roughly every 40th artist was wrong. When I'm looking for a song by Sam Smith, I would have no inkling that the song is listed in Qobuz under some cat named Jimmy Napes. I know that seems picky, but I could go weeks without finding a wrong artist listing on my previous streaming service.

wrong artist on Qobuz 3.jpg

wrong artist on Qobuz 2.jpg

I had to reinstall the Qobuz desktop app as I recently purchased some new albums, and the download process with the software didn't work any more. 

When I tried to install the latest version of Qobuz clicking on the link for MacOs 10.11+ from this link, I'm getting this error message. I'm on Catalina. Any recommendations?

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/discover/apps-partners

image.png.d0e046e4ab8aaf4b7ba968d111182ae9.png

4 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I had to reinstall the Qobuz desktop app as I recently purchased some new albums, and the download process with the software didn't work any more. 

When I tried to install the latest version of Qobuz clicking on the link for MacOs 10.11+ from this link, I'm getting this error message. I'm on Catalina. Any recommendations?

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/discover/apps-partners

image.png.d0e046e4ab8aaf4b7ba968d111182ae9.png

Open your Applications folder, right-click on the Qobuz app and select open.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I have been trying to get Amarra 4.3.510 to stream Qobuz correctly on a MacMini 2018. At samplerates >48kHz streaming cannot keep up with the music and stuttering sets in within seconds. I do not have this issue when streaming from NAS.

Is the Qobuz team aware of this? As the issue only happens with Qobuz, it is likely that customers will come to the conclusion that Qobuz is at fault here (which I do not believe is the case).

7 hours ago, jacobacci said:

I have been trying to get Amarra 4.3.510 to stream Qobuz correctly on a MacMini 2018. At samplerates >48kHz streaming cannot keep up with the music and stuttering sets in within seconds. I do not have this issue when streaming from NAS.

Is the Qobuz team aware of this? As the issue only happens with Qobuz, it is likely that customers will come to the conclusion that Qobuz is at fault here (which I do not believe is the case).

Just trying to help with debugging? —— What do the folks at Sonic Studios who supply Amarra have to say about this?  Does the Qobuz App on the Mac do the same thing?   I would think that Sonic Studios would be interested in the problem Also.