IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Not sure to all the functions as I use BubbleUPnP on Android. But at least this tells you the issue is within the way Kazoo interacts with the microRendu. Worth asking Jusus what OpenHome application they use inside their hardware.

5 hours ago, sockpit said:

Downloaded the free MConnect app to my iPhone.

Logged in without a hitch.  Playing right now.

Any limitations to this app?  Is it at least as good as Kazoo in paid version?

Does it do qobuz and local HD, 24 bit, 192 files, etc?

Thanks!

Linn Kazoo is also broken for me in terms of Qobuz connectivity, even the macOS desktop version no longer works.

Mconnect is great, yes it is at least as good as Kazoo in the paid (Mconnect HD) version, and yes it will stream both Qobuz and local UPnP server based tracks at 24/192, or even in the case of local server playback, DSD tracks as well.

On the Android OS I still give the nod to BubbleUPnP, but for iOS devices Mconnect is the ticket in my opinion.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

There is a mixup in cataloguing between John Williams, the Australian classical guitarist, and John Williams the famous film score composer (Star Wars, etc). The artist links for guitarist John Williams are pointing to the composer John Williams, and this is happening for all of the guitarist's albums. For example, here if you click on the artist link John Williams (below the album title), it opens a list of film music albums.

1152990603_ScreenShot2019-12-29at3_24_53PM.thumb.png.0c0761a2f7db12353b370248c5a73bd1.png

Even if you scroll down in this album to the "By the same artist" section, it is picking up the wrong John Williams.

1383783969_ScreenShot2019-12-29at3_25_31PM.thumb.png.9202d48fc5bd60a77dd7f192c1fd3c44.png

@RichardSF

I believe they have a service going through their entire catalog (slowly and one expects accurately) removing duplicate albums/tracks and a separate or cooperative effort bringing artist listings into line.  Security and core functionality have been noted as the primary concerns being tackled.  Recompiling the entire catalog and fixing daily new entries is probably not a fast process even if given a high amount of attention.  

Just in case you don't get a timely reply from Qobuz staff over the holiday.  

I just signed up for Qobuz streaming (Studio Premier) and I am impressed with the service. My download days may be numbered. However, I have had one problem that I cannot resolve. I am using a Mac Mini with A+ and using the A+ Remote on my IPad as a controller. When I try to search on the A+ Remote app I get results for my local files but nothing for Qobuz. The search function works just fine when I try with the A+ program on my Mac Mini and I can locate Qobuz content with no problem. Tracks play fine using the A+ Remote and controls (pause, stop etc) also function fine.

I keep thinking I'm missing something obvious on the A+ Remote app, but for the life of me I can't find it.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

On 12/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, LBob said:

I just signed up for Qobuz streaming (Studio Premier) and I am impressed with the service. My download days may be numbered. However, I have had one problem that I cannot resolve. I am using a Mac Mini with A+ and using the A+ Remote on my IPad as a controller. When I try to search on the A+ Remote app I get results for my local files but nothing for Qobuz. The search function works just fine when I try with the A+ program on my Mac Mini and I can locate Qobuz content with no problem. Tracks play fine using the A+ Remote and controls (pause, stop etc) also function fine.

I keep thinking I'm missing something obvious on the A+ Remote app, but for the life of me I can't find it.

I guess I am confused.  When you tap the search icon on the remote app.  There are buttons for Local, and in my case Qobuz and Tidal

6678E1D8-18F8-4C7B-9654-EF38F92D2548.thumb.png.7eb23218bd0ca490e08a00de17bdc204.png

bobfa,

I rebooted the iPad and got the options for Qobuz and Local on the search screen. For whatever reasons, they were not showing up before. Thanks for the screenshot. That helped a lot!

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

New update just launched this morning.  Thought I found a bug which quickly resolved itself.  Numerous attempts to recreate it failed leaving me to believe it was buffering or local storage verification related.  

@dmackta could you provide an overview, or link to version changelog, so we can see what this update addressed.

6 hours ago, André Gosselin said:

Are you sure ?

Did you listen to the album? That album on Qobuz contains Mendelssohn followed by Bruch (no Mozart). The same album on Spotify and Tidal have the correct content (Bruch and Mozart). The issue on Qobuz seems to be wrong content, rather than wrong metadata.

After months of trials to use mConnect Player HD and despite the latest update 3.3.25,  I still have problems when streaming Qobuz (or Tidal) HiRes files to my Technics SU-R1 network player.
  • drop-outs and lags with HiRes files from Qobuz or Tidal, it works seamlessly with standard resolution files 
  • the network connections do not appear to be the culprit since I have a stable high internet throughput of average 80-100Mb/s and all the system is connected through a gigabit LAN + wifi routed through a Synology Router RT2600ac
  • the Technics SU-R1 network player buffer capacity doesn’t appear either to be the culprit since streaming Qobuz or Tidal HiRes file works seamlessly after installing BubbleUpNp on my Synology NAS and using on my iPad an OpenHome compatible control application like Lumin or Linn Kazoo.

After having contacted Technics products support, they made some trials with mConnect and answered me (I quote them) : " the quantity of datas sent by the mConnect App to the network player is very significant and overload its the capacity, which then provoke lags or abandon of the reading."

I'm quite surprised since it works well with other OpenHome applications. Does mConnect make some treatment to the streamed audio files which increase their size ???

• Flying NOE - Driving CJ & JK - Listening Technics - B&W •

For information, during the short period of time where Qobuz desktop app. was able to stream to DLNA/UpNp players, it was working well ... I hope they will revert that service quickly !

• Flying NOE - Driving CJ & JK - Listening Technics - B&W •

54 minutes ago, deho said:
After months of trials to use mConnect Player HD and despite the latest update 3.3.25,  I still have problems when streaming Qobuz (or Tidal) HiRes files to my Technics SU-R1 network player.
  • drop-outs and lags with HiRes files from Qobuz or Tidal, it works seamlessly with standard resolution files 
  • the network connections do not appear to be the culprit since I have a stable high internet throughput of average 80-100Mb/s and all the system is connected through a gigabit LAN + wifi routed through a Synology Router RT2600ac
  • the Technics SU-R1 network player buffer capacity doesn’t appear either to be the culprit since streaming Qobuz or Tidal HiRes file works seamlessly after installing BubbleUpNp on my Synology NAS and using on my iPad an OpenHome compatible control application like Lumin or Linn Kazoo.

After having contacted Technics products support, they made some trials with mConnect and answered me (I quote them) : " the quantity of datas sent by the mConnect App to the network player is very significant and overload its the capacity, which then provoke lags or abandon of the reading."

I'm quite surprised since it works well with other OpenHome applications. Does mConnect make some treatment to the streamed audio files which increase their size ???

Welcome to the world of UPnP, the most nonstandard standard in the audio world. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, David Craff said:

@David Craff,

There is something fundamentally wrong with this album on Qobuz. The album as released by Sony Classical should contain Bruch and Mozart, but Qobuz is playing the wrong tracks.

Here is the same album on different services:

Qobuz: http://open.qobuz.com/album/0886443008885

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0HVxeWHCCZhndxGCmUYXIA

Tidal: https://tidal.com/browse/album/7794551

Google: https://play.google.com/music/preview/Bmop6ovazz3pbkpfdtnzpqm5ioi

The album should play the tracks as listed (Bruch followed by Mozart). It plays correctly on the other services but on Qobuz the album plays Mendelssohn followed by Bruch. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Welcome to the world of UPnP, the most nonstandard standard in the audio world. 

It's to do with how the app directs the audio file player to stream the audio file tracks from Qobuz's online server over http, rather than anything to do UPnP.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox