IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

15 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

I will add this feature on the backlog.

Thanks

Hi David,  Can you offer any updates on the Multichannel file situation?

Any plans to get their streaming functioning outside of Roon, or adding more albums to the catalog?

TIA

Sal

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

12 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Hi David,  Can you offer any updates on the Multichannel file situation?

Any plans to get their streaming functioning outside of Roon, or adding more albums to the catalog?

TIA

Sal

Sorry I have no update  about that.

We don't plan to add this to our applications because we have many things to improve before.

Adding more albums multichannel on our catalog depends of the supplier.

My opinion is that the audio multichannel is being born, and that we will have to wait a little longer to see a format that stands out, between Sony's 360°, Dolby Atmos, which is quite trendy, and other...

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

My opinion is that the audio multichannel is being born, and that we will have to wait a little longer to see a format that stands out, between Sony's 360°, Dolby Atmos, which is quite trendy, and other...

Remember, as heavy as the competition stands now, you could be the sole provider.  ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

16 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Remember, as heavy as the competition stands now, you could be the sole provider.  ;)

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The sole provider to all four customers 😂

It's a small subset of the audiophile market, but partnerships with exaSound and whoever else makes multichannel DACs could help pull in another four or so every once in a while.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

3 minutes ago, left channel said:

It's a small subset of the audiophile market, but partnerships with exaSound and whoever else makes multichannel DACs could help pull in another four or so every once in a while.

I’m with you. It was only a joke. I wish I had a multi channel setup. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

We don't plan to add this to our applications because we have many things to improve before.

Adding more albums multichannel on our catalog depends of the supplier.

OK.  Then how about doing something that will permit us to see all the current multichannel albums from Roon since that is the only way we can play them?

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

On 11/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I wish I had a multi channel setup. 

You don't know what your missing stuck in a 2D world.  :)

Here I read that one can supposedly add keywords to Qobuz searches.

The keywords in the post are:

- #HiRes to filter to only Hi-Res files 
- #NewRelease to filter to only new releases from the past month (even if they were not featured on the discover page) 

- #ComposerOnly to filter the query to composer only 
- #Award to filter to releases with an award (Qobuz Award or Press Award)

- #MultiChannel to filter releases in 5.1 surround sound (we have about 300 albums available in 5.1)

However I could not get any of these to work. Could someone at Qobuz confirm whether these keywords are valid?

thanks a lot

EDIT: They seem to work in the Qobuz Desktop App, not on the Qobuz webpage

Has anyone found / proved that we can use a USB flash drive or SD card for the cache and imports? I don't see the need to use my SSD, and would like the max allowable 100GB cache space. Since speed and reliability are not important for cache and importing, does it work to use cheap external storage?

(I don't want to check it out myself 'cos I will lose my current cache and I guess I will need to attach a fixed drive letter to a USB drive.)

On 12/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, Mark Dirac said:

Has anyone found / proved that we can use a USB flash drive or SD card for the cache and imports? I don't see the need to use my SSD, and would like the max allowable 100GB cache space. Since speed and reliability are not important for cache and importing, does it work to use cheap external storage?

(I don't want to check it out myself 'cos I will lose my current cache and I guess I will need to attach a fixed drive letter to a USB drive.)

That’s a good question. Also, I was wondering why we have a cache. What does it do? What happens if you set it to zero? I don’t recall managing one with any of the other music services I’ve used, at least not on the desktop. 

On 11/30/2019 at 12:13 PM, jacobacci said:

Here I read that one can supposedly add keywords to Qobuz searches.

The keywords in the post are:

- #HiRes to filter to only Hi-Res files 
- #NewRelease to filter to only new releases from the past month (even if they were not featured on the discover page) 

- #ComposerOnly to filter the query to composer only 
- #Award to filter to releases with an award (Qobuz Award or Press Award)

- #MultiChannel to filter releases in 5.1 surround sound (we have about 300 albums available in 5.1)

However I could not get any of these to work. Could someone at Qobuz confirm whether these keywords are valid?

thanks a lot

EDIT: They seem to work in the Qobuz Desktop App, not on the Qobuz webpage

Here are the possible filters :

#ByLabel

#ByReleaseName

#ByMainArtist

#ByPerformer

#ByComposer

#NewRelease

#MultiChannel

#Award

#HiRes

Add this in you query, this is available on all device using Qobuz.

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

At the first listening of a track, it will be retrieved from our servers to be listened to live. The second time that a listening will be done on this track, as long as it is still in cache, the listening will then be done directly from the file present in the application. In this case, there is no need to retrieve the track from our servers again.
You gain in speed, in the use of your Internet connection and you can also listen to it offline.
The import works the same way, the only difference is that you have control over the tracks you want to cache.

Thank you, David. I was going nuts trying to figure it out!

Hi David. Quick question on catalog as well. 

1. Do you ever run a script to compare your offerings with Tidal and work on filling in the gaps?
  2. Do you ever run a script to compare what's missing in Qobuz US that you have available in other regions vs. what's available in Tidal US? I feel like there's a lot of albums that fall under this. Look at Artist "Windir" for example.. it looks like the GB store has 5 albums, but US only has two; however, all five of these are available for US streaming on all other services so I'm not sure why Qobuz has them unavailable for US.  
11 hours ago, brianlg said:

Hi David. Quick question on catalog as well. 

1. Do you ever run a script to compare your offerings with Tidal and work on filling in the gaps?
  2. Do you ever run a script to compare what's missing in Qobuz US that you have available in other regions vs. what's available in Tidal US? I feel like there's a lot of albums that fall under this. Look at Artist "Windir" for example.. it looks like the GB store has 5 albums, but US only has two; however, all five of these are available for US streaming on all other services so I'm not sure why Qobuz has them unavailable for US.  

Hi,

We do not use script to compare our offering. We know what is missing and do the best to get it.  If you find missing release, artist or label, just send us an email with information and our team will try to find them and add it.

Remember that we need to deal with the supplier so it can't be do quickly.

Regards