IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 11/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, al2813 said:

Can our dear friends at Qobuz explain how they can offer this while continue charging us faithful in Europe a whopping 24.99 EUR a month!!!!

Remember that the price in the USA is currently only a limited promotional offer that expires at the end of January.  There may or may not be an incentive for Qobuz to make a similar offer in the EU. We will see if there is any development this week.

The price in the  EU also contains around 20% VAT which does not apply in the USA. If you do not like paying that surcharge then the problem lies with your government and not Qobuz.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:49 PM, DuckToller said:

@dmackta

Bonjour from France
The new Dylan Bootleg Vol.15 streams only in 16/44 instead as advertised 24/96.
Saw it first in Audirvana, then confirmed it via ROON (see screenshot), not sure it is only a loacal french problem, but if so, you may forward it to your collegues.

Best, Tom
@dmackta

image.thumb.png.f4dc82cdc3af5a55e87e27fc336c220a.png

Hi, it looks like the Dylan 3 record bootleg has gone from the offer in France, I'd guess Qobuz will wait for the correct files from the label ...

On another search I noticed, that from the Hadouk's ecosystem the Hadouk Trio's - Live a FIP is not available in your catalogue (in France). To my taste this would be the most sought after of Hadouk's oevre. You may be able to add it ?
A bientot, Tom

12 hours ago, PAR said:

Remember that the price in the USA is currently only a limited promotional offer that expires at the end of January.  There may or may not be an incentive for Qobuz to make a similar offer in the EU. We will see if there is any development this week.

The price in the  EU also contains around 20% VAT which does not apply in the USA. If you do not like paying that surcharge then the problem lies with your government and not Qobuz.

24,99 VAT inclusive is about 20,5 EUR before VAT (taking the 21% which is VAT in Belgium where I live as well as in a large number of Western Europe countries). This is still more than 50% above the US promo (14,99 USD or about 13,7 EUR). 

The fact of the matter is that Qobuz has probably fewer users than what Spotify adds in one month even in their home country of France. I am part of a minority that appreciate lossless quality streaming and between Tidal and Qobuz, I choose Qobuz. However, if Qobuz wants to make a real breakthrough they need a similar approach over here. As a side note, The Belgian equivalent of Consumer Report (so a typical mass audience publication) has done a comparison between the streaming services with Qobuz scoring relatively low mainly due to its high price. 

Can't add The Stooges 50th Anniversary edition to Roon for some reason. Favorited in the Qobuz app, and all of the other new releases have shown up in the Grand release column.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I started the promotional free month yesterday. I am unable to launch the desktop app on either my mac mini or my macbook Pro. I have the latest version of Catalina on both. Downloads fine but when trying to launch I get the message "Unable to check application for malicious software. Please contact app developer" Anyone know if there is a work around for this? I can use the web player, but it's a bit glitchy.

Thanks

Neil M.

Neil M.

CA System 2013 i7 Mac Mini, JRiver, AQ Cinnamon, MF V Link 192, Teradak PS, DACiT, W4S STI 1000, Linn Ninka's

Main System (Analogue) LP12, Ittock, Klyde, Lingo 2, Kairn, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

Main System (Digital) CEC TL51, dCS Elgar, dCS Purcell, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

38 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

There is a big bug with the way search results are being presented. Let's say I search for a term with many results like 'Mozart'. I scroll down a few pages, find something interesting, and click on it. I examine the recording and click back to return to the search results. I'm not taken to where I left though but to the top of the search results. Thus I must scroll down again and try to find the place where I left off. Needless to say, this greatly hampers the ability to examine search results. It is very important that this be corrected.

+1 to this!

26 minutes ago, nemick said:

I started the promotional free month yesterday. I am unable to launch the desktop app on either my mac mini or my macbook Pro. I have the latest version of Catalina on both. Downloads fine but when trying to launch I get the message "Unable to check application for malicious software. Please contact app developer" Anyone know if there is a work around for this? I can use the web player, but it's a bit glitchy.

Thanks

Neil M.

Means that the app has not been updated for Catalina.  You can bypass gatekeeper by right clicking on the app in the finder and selecting open.

11 hours ago, Polyglot said:

There is a big bug with the way search results are being presented. Let's say I search for a term with many results like 'Mozart'. I scroll down a few pages, find something interesting, and click on it. I examine the recording and click back to return to the search results. I'm not taken to where I left though but to the top of the search results. Thus I must scroll down again and try to find the place where I left off. Needless to say, this greatly hampers the ability to examine search results. It is very important that this be corrected.

In the interim, open the album you are looking at in a new tab/window. Can be quite a handy way to do it because you can review the whole search result and then spend time on the albums at your leisure. I do the same thing with amazon searches. 

11 hours ago, bobfa said:

Means that the app has not been updated for Catalina.  You can bypass gatekeeper by right clicking on the app in the finder and selecting open.

Thank you Sir

Neil M.

CA System 2013 i7 Mac Mini, JRiver, AQ Cinnamon, MF V Link 192, Teradak PS, DACiT, W4S STI 1000, Linn Ninka's

Main System (Analogue) LP12, Ittock, Klyde, Lingo 2, Kairn, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

Main System (Digital) CEC TL51, dCS Elgar, dCS Purcell, Wavelength Duetto, AvanteGarde Uno's

On 11/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, exdmd said:

Does not work. When I log in from that link I am automatically redirected to the GB shop and my account shows I am associated with Great Britain even though I signed up for the beta from the US. Letting customer service sort it out, they will have to manually change my country of origin looks like.

I have had a customer support ticket open 4 days with Qobuz with no answer to this. I will give them another day then cancel my subscription. I have been over paying in British pounds all along when I should have been charged in dollars. I may register a new account from the US or switch to Tidal for a while.

12 minutes ago, exdmd said:

I have had a customer support ticket open 4 days with Qobuz with no answer to this. I will give them another day then cancel my subscription. I have been over paying in British pounds all along when I should have been charged in dollars. I may register a new account from the US or switch to Tidal for a while.

I only waited about 24 hours with no ticket response from Qobuz support before just deleting my old U.S. beta tester account that was linked to their U.K. site.

Might have been nice if Qobuz had reacted to my support ticket (still nothing since Saturday afternoon), but no big deal, after deleting the original account I set-up a new one on the U.S. site and all is functioning properly now on Windows, Mac, and Android.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

31 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

I only waited about 24 hours with no ticket response from Qobuz support before just deleting my old U.S. beta tester account that was linked to their U.K. site.

Might have been nice if Qobuz had reacted to my support ticket (still nothing since Saturday afternoon), but no big deal, after deleting the original account I set-up a new one on the U.S. site and all is functioning properly now on Windows, Mac, and Android.

Thanks, nice to have confirmation that Qobuz needs to improve customer support. You would think they would respond faster than this.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:59 PM, left channel said:

Just received the 5.3.0-b005 desktop app update. The new Search worked immediately, and I'm enjoying it. I'm on Windows 10 here, and after the update I encountered some trouble with the ASIO4ALL driver. It reset its ASIO Buffer Size back to its default 512 samples, which is too small for Qobuz streams. But after a few tries and restarts of Qobuz it obeyed me and stayed at 2048 samples. ASIO4ALL seems to have this problem with every new Qobuz installation. The Qobuz app does not have the same problem with ASIO drivers distributed by DAC manufacturers. WASAPI Exclusive also works fine.

I am still having some distractions following the new release(s) last week - I hear occasional short, not-loud clicks on some tracks. Perhaps 20 or 30 per track. Worse on hi-res tracks. Never happened before (this new release) in one year with Qobuz on 3 PCs and two DACs. Any ideas please?

Windows 10 application, WASAPI Exclusive Mode, 70Mbps broadband, recent good-quality i5-8xxxU laptop, SSD, Pro-Ject S2 Digital DAC via USB.

(I also experienced some of the other problems reported here - freezing, "not responding" - but those have since evaporated.)

2 minutes ago, exdmd said:

Thanks, nice to have confirmation that Qobuz needs to improve customer support. You would think they would respond faster than this.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt being that I filed the ticket on a weekend, and it just so happened to be the weekend in which they were no doubt dealing with a large number of support issues associated with new U.S. subscription offer.

It would have been more annoying if the process for deleting my old account to start a new one were complex, but it was easy enough.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, Mark Dirac said:

I am still having some distractions following the new release(s) last week - I hear occasional short, not-loud clicks on some tracks. Perhaps 20 or 30 per track. Worse on hi-res tracks. Never happened before (this new release) in one year with Qobuz on 3 PCs and two DACs. Any ideas please?

Windows 10 application, WASAPI Exclusive Mode, 70Mbps broadband, recent good-quality i5-8xxxU laptop, SSD, Pro-Ject S2 Digital DAC via USB.

(I also experienced some of the other problems reported here - freezing, "not responding" - but those have since evaporated.)

No ideas, sorry. After adjusting the buffer of ASIO4ALL, the only problem I've encountered is an occasional skip at the beginning of a track, at which point I will hear a click too. But this is a known problem in which the whole app seems to reset within the first 10 seconds of a track and skip ahead a few seconds, only on some albums and not on others.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Question: when you search on US for an artist, and you see under their artist name "4 releases", but on the artist page there is only 1 relase, why is that? I assume it's a region issue -- but I believe the albums should be available in the US. This happens for quite a few artists. For an example: artist "Windir" shows only one album available to me, but says "4 releases". 

30 minutes ago, brianlg said:

Question: when you search on US for an artist, and you see under their artist name "4 releases", but on the artist page there is only 1 relase, why is that? I assume it's a region issue -- but I believe the albums should be available in the US. This happens for quite a few artists. For an example: artist "Windir" shows only one album available to me, but says "4 releases". 

This is a wrong information. This is no more avaliable on the new desktop search. This information does not take care take down release. 

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Any plans for Qobuz to support Autoplay? ie, after the last song from and album is complete, it will start a radio station with like-minded songs. 

I know that Roon does this and so does Tidal. Would be really cool if Qobuz supported it.

BTW, I resubscribed to Qobuz with the new pricing and think it's really improved since it's launch in the US. 

The interface is nice and I like the integration into other software and hardware.

The catalog is much better and definitely not lacking. Playlist could be better but I anticipated they'll improve.

I think I'm likely to stick with Qobuz this time for the long haul.