IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

3 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Gentlemen,

While I confess to following along with some interest to this digression, it is clearly Off Topic, and this is a confusing enough thread. Would you please start your own thread on this ?  TIA

-----------------------------------------------

While I'm at it, and this is directed to every poster, I am getting really tired of trying to read this thread and having to scroll over the same post, quoted in it's entirety, over and over and over again, or even just once ! It doesn't add anything, and makes it harder to get see what you have to say that's new.  I assume that most of you feel the same way, when you think about it ^_^

So please, try and get in the habit of selecting some relevant text in a post, and click on the little pop-up 'Quote This' button. It will start your reply with only that text, not the whole thing ! You can go back and do it again for other points, but the point is to minimize the useless 'noise' in your signal.. uhh.. post. Then you can write a nice long reply of your own, and have a better chance of your 'pearls of wisdom' being seen  9_9

TIA

(or you can just punch the 'Quote' button under the post and select and delete the unnecessary quoted text. Many ways to the goal, choose yours...)

Understood!:$

Or perhaps each post can be limited to 140 characters.

The hypo re "a hip or knee replacement" is not a good one as there the pt. is relying on an expert with loads of clinical experience and training -- who in turn is relying on clinical and laboratory testing for years by an armada of scientists and engineers.

here, the Iso Regeners are relying on a dealer (!) or the internet.  OTOH it is much cheaper and the odds of infection are low.

18 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

I'll quit responding to your posts, but

Are you aware of the wonder of the 'Ignore User' button (middle bottom when you hover over a User's avatar, then follow the prompts, check the boxes), and...

...continue posting, but now with more learning, tranquility, and rationality  xD

I like to let them know, publicly, when I 'Ignore' someone, so they know I won't be seeing or replying to their blah, blah, blah...

(Too bad we can't see who Ignores us - that would be interesting ! )

1 hour ago, Daudio said:

Gentlemen,

While I confess to following along with some interest to this digression, it is clearly Off Topic, and this is a confusing enough thread. Would you please start your own thread on this ?  TIA

No, not clearly off topic - on the contrary, it is on topic because I assert (and Christopher3933 may or may not agree) that the whole discussion is framed and determined by these "meta-questions".  You are hacking at the leaves man, Christopher3933 and I are hacking at the root (of this evil)!!  Like you, I want more signal, not less... 

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

OTOH, while these 2 people doing some listening comparisons is not statistically valid, yada yada - it is still the best comparison out there right now.

And there lies the problem.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

7 hours ago, Jud said:

... what are the odds that two people independently will each quite rapidly come to not only a preference, but a strong one, for one of the versions?

50/50, i think.

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

2 hours ago, Daudio said:

I like to let them know, publicly, when I 'Ignore' someone

Why not just use PM?  I don't care who you ignore.  I agree with what you said about not quoting an entire post.  This is the same idea, avoid thread clutter.

@The Computer Audiophile do you get a notification if someone puts you on ignore?  That would be a solution if it doesn't already work that way.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

43 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Jud it's a 1 in 4 or a 25% chance as stated earlier.

Thanks. I see the logic behind that. 

48 minutes ago, rickca said:

... do you get a notification if someone puts you on ignore?  That would be a solution if it doesn't already work that way.

From the settings:

" Ignoring a user allows you to block some or all of their content from showing. Users are not notified that you are ignoring them. "

11 minutes ago, Don Hills said:

From the settings:

" Ignoring a user allows you to block some or all of their content from showing. Users are not notified that you are ignoring them. "

Thanks, Don.  I'm sure one of my friends on here are going to post

Hey, Rick!  I just put you on ignore!  Did you get a notification? :P

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

HI Guys - I just want to air out something here. I'm getting a lot of feedback that this thread is the antithesis of what CA is all about. Some personal attacks and arguments not necessarily stated to help anyone better understand anything but rather to push an agenda as if this were a debate team exercise. 

I'm thinking about locking this thread, so we can all move on to more beneficial topics. However, the last thing I want to happen is that people see me as protecting an advertiser / sponsored forum owner (Uptone Audio). The fact that Alex and UpTone are the subject of some of this thread has absolutely zero to do with my reasons for leaning toward locking of this one. Advertisers / sponsors come and go. I would never make a decision based on an advertiser / sponsor being the subject of a topic. The whole global community is who I represent. 

In the long run, "toxic" threads are bad for business (my business) even though they drive traffic in the short term. I'll let this thread go a little bit longer, but I'll probably lock it up sooner rather than later. 

Note: UpTone Audio has not asked me to do anything with this thread.

Please, please lock this thread and any others like it now and in the future. I started reading a few of the posts and just decided that this stuff was not the reason I visit CA. There is nothing to gain here so I decided to go listen to some good music instead.

CA could be lost forever to many of us if this type of stuff continues.

I thought that the election was over but this thread looks like a tryout for the all Kremlin 2020 team.

20 minutes ago, JR4321 said:

I wonder how many people have TheComputerAudiophile on ignore?

I hope you understand that I meant does someone get a notification if I put them on ignore.  It wasn't asking about Chris himself!