IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

45 minutes ago, rickca said:

How about a different set of buttons.

Helpful - resolved a problem, helped me make a decision, gave me a good idea

Agree - concur with your opinion/recommendation

Pointless - waste of time or off topic

Maybe we also need a Funny button to separate out those reactions.

It would be really interesting to periodically see which users get the most reactions in each category.  I'm pretty sure the Pointless category would match my list of ignored users.

Me likee.

So adding more buttons will detract from the ability to push buttons?  I think this is all nonsense and finger wagging.  About a predominantly self created problem.  Why not see this through to it's eventual end. 

If only there was some indelible way of surreptitiously identifying the premier members here.  Well since that isn't possible.  Gosh, I guess they will have to cede their prominence requires special notice in the most unavoidable fashion.  If it just wasn't for the site owner who consistently brushes off these types of GORT'ish ideals!

Oh well, I will just have to anoint myself as an internet king to salve the pain.

I ran into something I have never seen before ...

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

With all the rain we've had here in Austin, I've had all kinds of critters crawling out of the wood work. Case in point, here's a pair I caught slithering around my deck:

uuBWgmQNRUOOey9fRYO4ZW3qelF52mjYSRpGRT8a

The upper one is a Dutch Lush^2, new to these parts, while the lower one is a grizzled veteran JSSG 360 Lush^1, with a few battle scars. :D 

Burn in has begun.

Clicking on that picture implies a Login screen for Google (account) when doing that in Opera.

When clicking on the picture in Chrome and (an older version of) IE, this appears :

GoogleLogin01.thumb.png.f4a6fb050e4a506e64e7bb3ddb7c0837.png

I can imagine that it is related to the origin and how @austinpopcreated the picture (and took the photo). Or maybe those snakes are too dangerous for real ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

9 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

I ran into something I have never seen before ...

Clicking on that picture implies a Login screen for Google (account) when doing that in Opera.

When clicking on the picture in Chrome and (an older version of) IE, this appears :

GoogleLogin01.thumb.png.f4a6fb050e4a506e64e7bb3ddb7c0837.png

I can imagine that it is related to the origin and how @austinpopcreated the picture (and took the photo). Or maybe those snakes are too dangerous for real ?

This may be my bad, Peter. I posted a link to my Google photos, whereas I should have first gotten a "shareable" link first, and then used that. I'm surprised it shows at all, even in the thumbnail on the post.

Please go back to the post on the Lush^2 thread, and tell me if it works now. I redid it.

Although - I'm not sure I want anyone to see the expanded photo. It just leads to unsolicited advice. Apparently, @Ralf11 wants me to stain my deck now. ;)

6 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Please go back to the post on the Lush^2 thread, and tell me if it works now.

Yes, all fine now. Sorry for the interruption in this thread.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

• 3 weeks later...

@The Computer Audiophile I don't suppose there's any way to hide the arrow target in the bottom right hand corner? It gets in my way and I have a Home key if I should need to go to the top of the page (which I rarely do, since I've already read it).

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

7 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

@The Computer Audiophile I don't suppose there's any way to hide the arrow target in the bottom right hand corner? It gets in my way and I have a Home key if I should need to go to the top of the page (which I rarely do, since I've already read it).

You'll have to do it with custom css. If you use Chrome you can install the Stylish extension and use the following code:

.scroll-top-wrapper {
    display: none;
}

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Last night I noticed how much the delay after hitting submit reply has improved.  Most posts publish instantly.  Even the ones it thinks about are only a few seconds now.  Just so you didn't think I took this for granted after registering it as a negative awhile back.  Let it be duly noted the upgrade was appreciated.

4 minutes ago, rando said:

Last night I noticed how much the delay after hitting submit reply has improved.  Most posts publish instantly.  Even the ones it thinks about are only a few seconds now.  Just so you didn't think I took this for granted after registering it as a negative awhile back.  Let it be duly noted the upgrade was appreciated.

Thanks rando. Still more tweaks to go and another update to make it much better. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been having recurring problems visiting threads in CA on my iPad running the latest IOS.

Here’s a screenshot:0194917F-2C1C-430F-96DD-20F5F40F3CDB.thumb.png.4dbeea2ce0cbe1f971e6f15407421fd3.png

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio