IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

23 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Because they keep asking for Real Names, like that is going to change the message. Also, I am sure BS and MQA would then sue because people who want to hide things do that. I mean the Trump Organization was notorious for that.

If what you write here is correct, it sounds like Pulitzer material?

Just now, skikirkwood said:

Every time Audiophile Style publishes a link to another site, the site pointed to has improved SEO. That's part of the basis for Google's search relevancy algorithm. The more "authority" a website has, the more sites it links to will have higher search results. So  you are helping drive traffic to sites like Stereophile and The Absolute Sound by linking to them here. Maybe they could link to this comment thread. :)

Right, and pigs fly.....

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

50 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

Why check with your attorneys when you can look this up on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_aspects_of_hyperlinking_and_framing

On the other hand:

https://casetext.com/case/goldman-v-breitbart-news-network-llc-2

"Having carefully considered the embedding issue, this Court concludes, for the reasons discussed below, that when defendants caused the embedded Tweets to appear on their websites, their actions violated plaintiff's exclusive display right; the fact that the image was hosted on a server owned and operated by an unrelated third party (Twitter) does not shield them from this result.

"Accordingly, defendants' motion for partial Summary Judgment is DENIED. Partial Summary Judgment is GRANTED to the plaintiff."

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

10 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

I've seen that before.  I often wondered if that was the original inspiration for MQA.

Rumour has it that it was Reuben Garrett Lucius Goldberg that got in all in motion for MQA.

Goldberg invented lots of tech in his time, led by his vision of «getting something for nothing» (see video below).

Just below is a typical Rube Goldberg machine:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, firedog said:

Please, can we stop all the amateur lawyering?

As I said Fair Use allows quoting some of a copyrighted work in order to comment or criticize. But if people want to read what is published in Stereophile in its entirety, they should do so on the magazine's site. There is no paywall. This seems like a small ask to me.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile