IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, John_Atkinson said:

Jim Austin's July 2021 As We See It will be reprinted on stereophile.com tomorrow morning so you can replace the content in the infringing post with a link to that reprint.

Jim Austin's essay on MQA from the July 2021 issue is now posted on Stereophile's website:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mqa-again

You can therefore delete the embedded, copyright-infringing image form the original post, Chris, and replace it with this link. Thanks in advance for doing so.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I should also remove your link because it’s quite uncouth to visit another business and tell all the people, “Hey, look what I have over here.” I won’t remove your link, out of respect for you. 

They are in desperate need of the links that JA posts everywhere.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

To Mr. QUint and Mr. Atkinson,

Just respond to this post - it basically covers that editorial. If one can't actually talk technical, in a magazine that DOES technical (ie measurements of equipment) reviews, then there is something wrong.

I think y'all need a bit of this...

Nordic Funny Bear Toilet Roll Paper Holder Resin Crafts Animal Figurines  Kitchen Bathroom Tissue Holder Home Wall Decoration|Figurines & Miniatures|  - AliExpress

I apologize for being flip but coming in with guns blazing against Chris does you no favors and makes you look like you are more interested in protecting the fatted calf than actually understanding the technology.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

3 minutes ago, Jim Austin said:

I addressed this question years ago in Stereophile.

Jim Austin, Editor

Stereophile

Then why do others, that write for your magazine, not quote this but rather ignore it? That would be the question I would ask, since you are the editor.

I appreciate what you stated but you could have gone further. What you posted is the tip of the iceberg.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

1 minute ago, KeenObserver said:

And I haven't even had my coffee yet!

Would this do?

Giant coffee mug Memes

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

1 minute ago, botrytis said:

Then why do others, that write for your magazine, not quote this but rather ignore it? That would be the question I would ask, since you are the editor.

Have Stereophile writers claimed that MQA is lossless since I performed (and wrote up) that analysis? If so, I'm not aware of it. 

On the broader issue of MQA's subjective value, every writer is entitled to their own opinion. You will find many conflicting (but mutually respectful) opinions in our pages, on many topics. 

Jim Austin, Editor

Stereophile

15 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hear you, but I think most people have yet to see the moderate opinion be based on facts. I’m all for it if people have facts. 

There is a world, one that now seems to be elusive, where with the acknowledgment and acceptance of the facts we discuss with decorum and probity.  

If, it would seem we've made our point then a less antagonistic position might find more general acceptance.  When you win, win graciously.