IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 minute ago, Fair Hedon said:

+1.

Guffman is an ego driven forum, and a venue for Hoofman to shill. He claims he is getting in gear for "review", which he keeps and never returns, and the "review" never appears any where.

Here's his "review" of the PS Audio DirectStream with a note at the end:

So, it's going well. Hopefully I can convince PS Audio to let me keep using these in my work. It's quite an upgrade.

Like, forever.  :)

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Here's his "review" of the PS Audio DirectStream with a note at the end:

Like, forever.  :)

a forum post...some review...lol...

it is widely known he is an incredible miser.

Like all trust fund babies, he has a huge sense of entitlement.

Ever hear of a "top" mastering engineer posting to borrow gear, studios, SACD players, etc?

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I don't know about you, but there are many who consider being banned from Hoffman to be a badge of honor.  :)

Well yes a badge of some kind.  A level of experience, understanding and integrity beyond those not banned there.  

Maybe there should be a logo or something. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Oops 2nd double post today.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

14 minutes ago, firedog said:

If it doesn't improve SQ, consumers and industry are better off remaining with the  conventional formats.

Agree absolutely.

It's strange, but the more I listen to MQA, the more it reminds me of DSD. Which makes me suspect that there's more going on than FFTs can show. If so, why the MQA guys can't communicate what's happening in a way people can understand is beyond me.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

20 hours ago, Indydan said:

Or maybe, he was pissed off to be on my chart! 

MQA "enthusiast"                        Reason for no longer posting on CA

Peter Veth                                                          BANNED

WitchDoctor                                                      BANNED

Lee Scoggins                            DISTRACTED by jumping between forums

Michael Lavorgna                    BANNED for telling someone to go fuck his mother

Time for another two columns - for "MQA Critics"

Lee, you made a comment ~~ 2-3 pages back on temporal acuity in the auditory system, citing Wilson, who makes speakers.

It is unclear to me how that has anything to do with MQA.

Nonetheless, here is a recent paper on the issue:

Oppenheim, J. N. and M. O. Magnasco.  2013.  Human Time-Frequency Acuity Beats the Fourier Uncertainty Principle.  Phys. Rev. Lett. 110(4): 44301 -44306.

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

Lee, you made a comment ~~ 2-3 pages back on temporal acuity in the auditory system, citing Wilson, who makes speakers.

It is unclear to me how that has anything to do with MQA.

Nonetheless, here is a recent paper on the issue:

Oppenheim, J. N. and M. O. Magnasco.  2013.  Human Time-Frequency Acuity Beats the Fourier Uncertainty Principle.  Phys. Rev. Lett. 110(4): 44301 -44306.

Thanks.  Will try to get a copy to read.