IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, firedog said:

Don't agree with this at all. If MQA is what it is claimed, then even the ME2 should be more than good enough to reveal it. The Brooklyn is a good DAC. At least one feature he refers to is an optional add-on. It's way more than good enough for the purpose. 

Sorry, but that quote is real audiophile snobbery.

I found that part odd too as the Brooklyn is a very good DAC.  Mehow also is as good a digital designer as Charlie was, if not better.

5 minutes ago, opus101 said:

I was browsing that thread and hit 'Next' and got the message 'You must be logged in to do that'. Then looking at the list of threads in that section, I can no longer see Lee's thread. Has it been deleted or only available to signed up members?

I am a member and cannot access the thread. The posts I made are also erased. It seems the thread has been deleted. 

Did Hoffman delete it because there was to much arguing? Or was he asked to delete it by an MQA operative, to avoid bad publicity?

16 minutes ago, Indydan said:

I am a member and cannot access the thread. The posts I made are also erased. It seems the thread has been deleted. 

Did Hoffman delete it because there was to much arguing? Or was he asked to delete it by an MQA operative, to avoid bad publicity?

Sometimes they do resurrect threads after a sanitization by mods.

What a shame though, if its truely deleted, after so much time and effort by many parties.

Holy moly - can't believe they nuked the entire thread! It was enormous. That sucks.

I'm absolutely not one of those unquestioning Hoffman acolytes. But I will say that Hoffman did post in the MQA thread saying he has no interest in MQA. And the thread didn't get nuked despite pages and pages and pages of comments disparaging not only Lee Scoggins, but also Bob Stuart.

It could be a coincidence, the the one new thing that happened today was that Lee made disparaging remarks about a deceased audio guy (I think with Ayre? Sorry, I can't remember), and that triggered a firestorm. That probably was the straw the broke the camel's back - although deleting the whole thread seems draconian to me.