IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

Hey Jason, pretty much true, but, the constant development of new parts by parts manufacturers always allows for the possibility of an upgrade path. for example, perhaps new oscillator modules become available with less phase noise in the appropriate frequencies: a new version could include those. The other possibility is software upgrades, but if those come available Sonore will generally offer them for no additional charge.

For sure, the SSR is built to the highest standard we could at the time.

I'll look forward to trying it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
One question:

Does the upcoming Sonore microRendu support DSD256 or higher?

Thanks

Matt

I hope higher will be supported, or option to upgrade that module will be available. I am keen on this new product and I hope this will hit the market soon.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I would hope so, but how? I loved my sMS100, but sold it as it could not do DSD256, and I find that the sweet spot- especially with my present DAC.

I hope higher will be supported, or option to upgrade that module will be available. I am keen on this new product and I hope this will hit the market soon.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Yes, I hope it is not limited to DSD128 like the Sonic Orbiter. I wonder how it could work as a NAA for HQPlayer if limited to DSD128.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

The Sonic Orbiter software works great as an NAA, but limited to DSD128 as noted.

Yes, I hope it is not limited to DSD128 like the Sonic Orbiter. I wonder how it could work as a NAA for HQPlayer if limited to DSD128.

Matt

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

The Sonic Orbiter software works great as an NAA, but limited to DSD128 as noted.

Some output modes have limitations and some devices have limitations. For example, the Shairport output mode does not support anything above 44.1 PCM regardless of the connected devices. On Sonic Orbiter the MPD and NAA output modes support DSD512, but you need a DAC that is compatible at this rates on Linux in native DSD. The iFi Nano is supported at DSD256 and the iFi Micro is supported at DSD512.

Jesus R

Jesus, I enjoyed the Sonore room at RMAF. I'm curious about the form factor of the upcoming device. One person suggested it would be small enough to plug directly into the USB jack on a DAC. Another doubted that. Will it be possible to eliminate the USB cable with the micro Rendu?

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/sonore-rendu-25278/index6.html#post457803

This has been discussed earlier in this thread (#150). Seems tad larger than the Regen. So should be able to directly feed to the Regen.

So the USB cable could be omitted. Some might wish to feed optical lan and not the copper variant. That should be interesting.

I am not sure what is being cooked by Sonore, but smells very interesting.

Jesus, I enjoyed the Sonore room at RMAF. I'm curious about the form factor of the upcoming device. One person suggested it would be small enough to plug directly into the USB jack on a DAC. Another doubted that. Will it be possible to eliminate the USB cable with the micro Rendu?

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/sonore-rendu-25278/index6.html#post457803

This has been discussed earlier in this thread (#150). Seems tad larger than the Regen. So should be able to directly feed to the Regen.

So the USB cable could be omitted. Some might wish to feed optical lan and not the copper variant. That should be interesting.

I am not sure what is being cooked by Sonore, but smells very interesting.

Thanks. I should have read this thread from the beginning. However, it is still a valid question because of what I was told in the Sonore room (that this would not be the case).

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

Thanks. I should have read this thread from the beginning. However, it is still a valid question because of what I was told in the Sonore room (that this would not be the case).

I like the pun here! Lol!

It would be a mistake to have a WiFi transceiver inside a high performance device such as the Sonore Signature Rendu or the (still under development) µRendu. We go to great lengths to eliminate RF noise in these products because they are designed to offer the best possible sound quality and it would be counter productive to then add an RF noise generator internally. We are talking sound quality as the top priority here.

If you must have a WiFi connection, there are other products which allow for that, but remember their sound quality will be compromised by the presence of a WiFi transceiver.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

It would be a mistake to have a WiFi transceiver inside a high performance device such as the Sonore Signature Rendu or the (still under development) µRendu. We go to great lengths to eliminate RF noise in these products because they are designed to offer the best possible sound quality and it would be counter productive to then add an RF noise generator internally. We are talking sound quality as the top priority here.

If you must have a WiFi connection, there are other products which allow for that, but remember their sound quality will be compromised by the presence of a WiFi transceiver.

I don`t have a router/ethernet nearby.

What would you propose instead?:

1. Wifi Bridge +/- LAN-Filter

2. Powerline Adapter +/- LAN Filter

3. direct ethernet connection between Mac Book Pro and uRendu (I fear that would not work in my situation - I plan to use HQ-Player with NAA and I heard from here that HQ-Player would not find NAA in the network by direct connection between a MAC and NAA)

regards,

Nikander

My experience with isolating a Sonore Rendu may be of interest:

1) I use an Airport Extreme wireless bridge but found that I needed to move the Rendu end of the wireless bridge 8ft away from the Rendu to not compromise sound quality.

2) I use optical isolation immediately upstream of the Rendu. This comprises a pair of wired-ethernet-to-fibre-ethernet converters joined back-to-back by fibre-optic cable. The converters are powered by linear power supplies. This gives an improvement in sound quality over wired ethernet.

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

My experience with isolating a Sonore Rendu may be of interest:

1) I use an Airport Extreme wireless bridge but found that I needed to move the Rendu end of the wireless bridge 8ft away from the Rendu to not compromise sound quality.

2) I use optical isolation immediately upstream of the Rendu. This comprises a pair of wired-ethernet-to-fibre-ethernet converters joined back-to-back by fibre-optic cable. The converters are powered by linear power supplies. This gives an improvement in sound quality over wired ethernet.

thanks a lot for sharing your experience - silly question:

Do you plug in a fiberoptic cable into the Sonore Rendu, i.e. does the Sonore Rendu as well as the uRendu accept fiberoptic cables?

regards,

Nikander

Do you plug in a fiberoptic cable into the Sonore Rendu, i.e. does the Sonore Rendu as well as the uRendu accept fiberoptic cables?

regards,

Nikander

Sonore Rendu use the Lan Copper Cable and the uRendu also seems the same from early images?

I am really excited to get my hands on this baby and give it a spin. Best times for CAS!

No, I use a short length of ethernet 'wire' between the Rendu and a TP-Link converter, then 6ft of fibre optic dual cable to the 2nd TP-Link converter, and then 6ft of ethernet 'wire' to an ethernet switch connected to the Airport Extreme Bridge.

If you are interested precise details of the items I bought are stated on this blog:

UPDATED: High-resolution audio

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

I am working with industrial fiberoptics on a daily basis and am puzzled that we don't see it used more often in high end audio. I can appreciate that there is a cost/benefit ratio involved. The type of fiberoptic tranceivers seen here are possibly a bit overkill on short distances but are efficient for galvanic isolation purposes.

I would rather like to see an LC SFP in the uRendu.

When using tranceivers one thing to consider would be to implement PoE (802.11af) on the router side for the transmitter and use a PoE injector at the receiving end.

Needless to say, in this case the tranceivers must support PoE for the implementation to make sense.

I don`t have a router/ethernet nearby.

What would you propose instead?:

1. Wifi Bridge +/- LAN-Filter

2. Powerline Adapter +/- LAN Filter

3. direct ethernet connection between Mac Book Pro and uRendu (I fear that would not work in my situation - I plan to use HQ-Player with NAA and I heard from here that HQ-Player would not find NAA in the network by direct connection between a MAC and NAA)

regards,

Nikander

If you are unwilling to run an Ethernet cable to your audio system, then you will get the best performance by using a really good dedicated server (Aurender, tricked out CAPs, Sonore custom build, Antipodes, etc) than by Ethernet. Never run Ethernet over your AC system, as will inject high frequency noise into all of your audio components.

I guess you might be in Europe with stone walls or something? Here in the US with mostly stick frame housing it is relatively easy to have someone run an Ethernet cable through the walls.

If you are married to HQPlayer, then the NAA approach is likely best, is it really impossible to run an Ethernet cable to your system?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I have been thinking about the fiber optics setups, that some users have posted. I was wondering, how much of the advantages that fiber optic links are affected by so many conversions, and mixing fiber with copper at the ends?. I would say, that a cleaner setup, lets say, in a HQPlayer/NAA context, using SFP NICs in the computers and a SFP capable switch, trying to leave any fiber/copper conversion out of it, woluld be ideal. Has anybody have this kind of setup?, Does it sound a lot better than copper?.

Yin[br]HQPlayer-MBPro-SFP-fanless NUC i7-e22-ARC Ref10-ARC Ref75SE-ML CLX