IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

I have been thinking about the fiber optics setups, that some users have posted. I was wondering, how much of the advantages that fiber optic links are affected by so many conversions, and mixing fiber with copper at the ends?. I would say, that a cleaner setup, lets say, in a HQPlayer/NAA context, using SFP NICs in the computers and a SFP capable switch, trying to leave any fiber/copper conversion out of it, woluld be ideal. Has anybody have this kind of setup?, Does it sound a lot better than copper?.

First off this thread is starting to get off topic. Perhaps you should take this over to one of the networking threads like:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/optical-network-configurations-24641/

First off this thread is starting to get off topic. Perhaps you should take this over to one of the networking threads like:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/optical-network-configurations-24641/

you are right - sorry I caused that (I guess I have to think about some ethernet installations in my place).

We don`t know much about the specs of the uRendu (except for Sonore itself).

So there is a lot of speculation but maybe Jesus himself can give us some more information:

I have been using a USB to SPDIF Converter with own linear PSU as well as a reclocker so far - my hope is to get rid of that stuff when I have bought the uRendu. Is this hope justified?

regards,

Nikander

Or we could simply wait for the product to be finished. Blizzard, the OP, was pushing things to even start this thread.

you are right - sorry I caused that (I guess I have to think about some ethernet installations in my place).

We don`t know much about the specs of the uRendu (except for Sonore itself).

So there is a lot of speculation but maybe Jesus himself can give us some more information:

I have been using a USB to SPDIF Converter with own linear PSU as well as a reclocker so far - my hope is to get rid of that stuff when I have bought the uRendu. Is this hope justified?

regards,

Nikander

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Or we could simply wait for the product to be finished. Blizzard, the OP, was pushing things to even start this thread.[/QUOT

+100. No one has even heard a µRendu yet, I mean no one at all...

BTW, The Sonore Signature Rendu uses internal isolation, so it is unlikely that additional isolation of Ethernet by fiber optic, or other, means, will have much affect at all.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Or you could simply wait for the product to actually be built! From what Barrows has said, no one has heard one yet because it is still being developed and none are in existence. Having seen what Uptone has had to go through being pestered for information too early, coupled with the fact that this thread was started by someone who stumbled across the preliminary information and chose to "leak" it, I feel that it is poor form to expect anything until the cook is done with dinner.

Think Jesus might want to send out the first newsletter, at least to confirm for people they're on the list.

Forrest:

Well, he started the mailing list, and nobody appears to have gotten confirmation they are actually on said list. My suggestion was one simple way to address that particular issue, without any particular view stated about what content he should include.

OK, fair enough. Sorry if I jumped on you.

Well, he started the mailing list, and nobody appears to have gotten confirmation they are actually on said list. My suggestion was one simple way to address that particular issue, without any particular view stated about what content he should include.

Forrest:

Yeah, the mailing list should reduce the pestering.

• 2 weeks later...
Yash, I work with Sonore on product development and production. Sonore is small, so we also share other duties generally. The Sonore Signature Rendu is designed to be the best possible Ethernet Renderer available, it uses no normal computer boards or anything like that, everything in the SSR is purpose built for high end audio playback only.

As for my AC filter, that would be way OT, but send me a PM and I will respond privately.

Hi,

Thanks for all the great info.

I am still wrapping my head around the need for a NAA: especially if you've finished with commercial computers & are considering moving to a file player. Is HQPlayer that good? Isn't a signature Rendu going to be "better" playing files from a NAS, directly connected to one's DAC? Why introduce a 3rd device? Is a NAA just a cheaper solution for those that want to keep their computer, and also get better SQ from a non-UPNP device? Is UPNP that bad?

Thanks again...

Hi,

Thanks for all the great info.

I am still wrapping my head around the need for a NAA: especially if you've finished with commercial computers & are considering moving to a file player. Is HQPlayer that good? Isn't a signature Rendu going to be "better" playing files from a NAS, directly connected to one's DAC? Why introduce a 3rd device? Is a NAA just a cheaper solution for those that want to keep their computer, and also get better SQ from a non-UPNP device? Is UPNP that bad?

Thanks again...

These are good questions, and many will have a different answer to them, depending on one's preferences. As a specific example, some audiophiles want to use HQPlayer, as they want to convert all files to DSD 128 or 256-for these folks, then a NAA will be the best option. Other's are very happy with how their DAC handles music files at the native rates of those files, for them the Sonore Signature Rendu is a great option.

No UPNP is not bad at all, in fact, everyone I know of who has used the Sonore Signature Rendu has declared it to be at least equal to the best digital source which they have ever used, and many have found it to be significantly better than any other digital source.

So, for those who have a DAC which works well by SPDIF or I2S, and who are not interested in tweaking around with computer based oversampling or alternative softwares and such, the SSR gives one a no nonsense, digital source, nearing perfection. If one wants to use a USB input DAC, and/or wants to fool around with tweaky stuff like HQPlayer, etc, then things like the µRendu will perhaps (after all, we have no real experience yet) will make sense for them.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

These are good questions, and many will have a different answer to them, depending on one's preferences. If one wants to use a USB input DAC, and/or wants to fool around with tweaky stuff like HQPlayer, etc, then things like the µRendu will perhaps (after all, we have no real experience yet) will make sense for them.

Thank you for the great information, and clear answer. I didn't know that HQPlayer was a good way to do DSD. I can now better see why folks might want to get a NAA: even beyond a microRendu, - which (on the basis of its feature list), - is much more.

Cheers,

I don't think everyone does, so perhaps making this more widely known would be a good thing. Additionally, detailing the advantages of the forthcoming units.

That was the one you worked on Barrows?

Yes, I work with Sonore on the development and production of products. The Sonore Signature Rendu is a purpose built unit designed to be the best digital source possible, period. It contains only purpose designed and built PCBs for audio use only, there are no consumer grade computer boards used, and every aspect of its design and implementation is no compromise for audio performance.

SONORE computer audio

Yes, I work with Sonore on the development and production of products. The Sonore Signature Rendu is a purpose built unit designed to be the best digital source possible, period. It contains only purpose designed and built PCBs for audio use only, there are no consumer grade computer boards used, and every aspect of its design and implementation is no compromise for audio performance.

That's a pretty bold statement... I do very much look forward to trying out the rendu (any ball park estimate as to when it will be available?).

I assume you are not designing a processor from scratch. What model will be used?

That's a pretty bold statement... I do very much look forward to trying out the rendu (any ball park estimate as to when it will be available?).

I assume you are not designing a processor from scratch. What model will be used?

You are confusing two Sonore products.

Barrows was discussing the Sonore Signature Rendu, an Ethernet to I2S or S/PDIF renderer which has been available for about a year. It does not contain a traditional processor, nor is it running an operating system (though it does contain dedicated processing elements and embedded software/firmware).

The other product--the one you may be asking about and which is the subject title of this thread--is the µRendu (microRendu). That product, still under development, will be a dedicated Ethernet to USB computer module about the size of a credit card. It will run a Linux-derivitave called OrbiterOS, quite similar in features and functionality to the OS that runs both the Sonore Sonic Orbiter and the SOtM sMS-100. If you look up those products you will get an understanding of the wide capabilities of that OS to run various media server s/w and rendering endpoint s/w.

The µRendu will differ in that it is a built-from-scracth board, optimized for audio in many ways. I have been asked not to discuss any of the technical details of this exciting but still-in-development product. The above is just what has already been openly discussed in this thread and which can be seen on Sonore's preliminary product page: http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/μRendu.html

You are confusing two Sonore products.

Barrows was discussing the Sonore Signature Rendu, an Ethernet to I2S or S/PDIF renderer which has been available for about a year. It does not contain a traditional processor, nor is it running an operating system (though it does contain dedicated processing elements and embedded software/firmware).

The other product--the one you may be asking about and which is the subject title of this thread--is the µRendu (microRendu). That product, still under development, will be a dedicated Ethernet to USB computer module about the size of a credit card. It will run a Linux-derivitave called OrbiterOS, quite similar in features and functionality to the OS that runs both the Sonore Sonic Orbiter and the SOtM sMS-100. If you look up those products you will get an understanding of the wide capabilities of that OS to run various media server s/w and rendering endpoint s/w.

The µRendu will differ in that it is a built-from-scracth board, optimized for audio in many ways. I have been asked not to discuss any of the technical details of this exciting but still-in-development product. The above is just what has already been openly discussed in this thread and which can be seen on Sonore's preliminary product page: http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/μRendu.html

Hi Alex,

Thanks, I did read his reply too quickly. Thought he was talking about the microRendu.

Stephane

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/sonore-rendu-25278/index6.html#post457803

This has been discussed earlier in this thread (#150). Seems tad larger than the Regen. So should be able to directly feed to the Regen.

So the USB cable could be omitted. .....

I'm really keen on the idea of the micro rendu to use in 'roonspeakers' mode into my Devialet.

It would be very disappointing to think that a Regen type device would be necessary with it though - from the description, surely it's aim would be to output the cleanest signal possible into the DAC directly?

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

Interestingly the terminology for Roon has evolved over time. RoonReady will apply to firmware/hardware implementations in devices.

RoonSpeakers will apply to software implementations for Mac, PC, Android, IOS, Linux, etc..

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs