IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

I suppose what you can do since your DAC is Saber based is the Sonore microRendu into the Sonore Audiobyte USB interface.

Jesus R

I have considered it. But I'll be obtaining some Ethernet renderer boards that are capable of Native DSD 1024 over 2 channels soon. With these boards I can keep the server PC in my office, and use HQ player to upsample everything to DSD 512, and send to my DAC in my audio room.

Another bonus is they can be programmed to output I2S over LVDS direct without external sender boards. I won't have to deal with any of the NAA glitches using this system either. Just a silky smooth operation.

I have considered it. But I'll be obtaining some Ethernet renderer boards that are capable of Native DSD 1024 over 2 channels soon. With these boards I can keep the server PC in my office, and use HQ player to upsample everything to DSD 512, and send to my DAC in my audio room.

Are you sure your DAC supports DSD512?

Another bonus is they can be programmed to output I2S over LVDS direct without external sender boards. I won't have to deal with any of the NAA glitches using this system either. Just a silky smooth operation.

Just because it outputs i2s doesn't mean it will be good:)

Jesus R

Are you sure your DAC supports DSD512?

Just because it outputs i2s doesn't mean it will be good:)

Jesus R

At the moment my DAC doesn't support DSD 512, but with near future upgrades it might. Awesome thing about this DAC, is the DAC chips are located on modular swappable boards.

I hear what your saying. But from what I hear it should match the SD card transport on my Mirus, which puts the USB input to shame even when used with $10000+ renderers.

I wish you lived close by so we could compare the SD card transport on this DAC with the Signature Rendu connected via I2S. Sound from this transport is extremely superb.

I'll be confirming for myself soon anyways.

Does anyone have a clue as to the cost of this and when it will be available.

It would be good if there could be a trial period. The issue with all of these products is how much does it improve the sound compared to other improvements such as better cables. etc. My thinking is that anything that improves the sound at the beginning of the source like this product is desirable as less noise., etc. will be flowing through the speakers.

My other question is that I currently have 45,000 tracks using Roon and I have about another 30,000 ISO tracks that will have to be converted so that's about 75,000 tracks. I need sufficient RAM to view all of the album covers. So do I need RAM in the Tablet or the urendu or the NAS? Thanks again to this knowledgeable group of audiophiles.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

Does anyone have a clue as to the cost of this and when it will be available.

No; hopefully reasonable ($500 with basic PS?).

It would be good if there could be a trial period. The issue with all of these products is how much does it improve the sound compared to other improvements ...

Disagree. The value proposition for products like the micro rendu are twofold: features/convenience + sound quality. E.g. it gives you an endpoint for Roon, and other protocols.

My other question is that I currently have 45,000 tracks using Roon and I have about another 30,000 ISO tracks that will have to be converted so that's about 75,000 tracks. I need sufficient RAM to view all of the album covers. So do I need RAM in the Tablet or the urendu or the NAS? Thanks again to this knowledgeable group of audiophiles.

Probably should ask Roon, but I know most of the processing takes place wherever the Roon server is, so am thinking an endpoint is only receiving audio data.

My other question is that I currently have 45,000 tracks using Roon and I have about another 30,000 ISO tracks that will have to be converted so that's about 75,000 tracks. I need sufficient RAM to view all of the album covers. So do I need RAM in the Tablet or the urendu or the NAS?

I think @sm31 has the right of it. You need to concentrate the beefiness on the server. This thread on the Roon forum covers this general area pretty extensively.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

If this is better than the SMS100 I'm in. Sold the one I had but Auralic's dawdling on a Lightning DS client for iPhone has caused me to "dawdle" on buying an Aries. Had not 1 problem with the SMS100, true set and forget function. Every other streamer I've used goes into "mumble mode" sometime within a 24 hour period, requiring a power reset.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I'd still like to know the projected price of this unit.

Patience man. Remember, this product was exposed prematurely by someone other than Sonore. A lot of costs and considerations go into determining a sales price. I can assure you that Jesus does not want to price it a dime more than what it has to be. But it is going to be terrific! :)

Patience man. Remember, this product was exposed prematurely by someone other than Sonore. A lot of costs and considerations go into determining a sales price. I can assure you that Jesus does not want to price it a dime more than what it has to be. But it is going to be terrific! :)

This and your new PSU are two of my most anticipated products coming out (despite my confusion about uRender having I2S). Could be a game-changer, that's for sure.

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

This and your new PSU are two of my most anticipated products coming out (despite my confusion about uRender having I2S). Could be a game-changer, that's for sure.

The µRendu will not have I2S output, only Ethernet in and really great USB out. There is a reason for this, but it is not my place to explain it.

The Sonore Signature Rendu (Ethernet in) does have both fantastic S/PDIF and I2S output.

Yes, with luck (these things take time), the end of this year will be an exciting one for both Sonore and UpTone. I am rooting for the µRendu to be a huge hit for Jesus. And there is every reason to believe it will be.

The µRendu will not have I2S output, only Ethernet in and really great USB out. There is a reason for this, but it is not my place to explain it.

The Sonore Signature Rendu (Ethernet in) does have both fantastic S/PDIF and I2S output.

Yes, with luck (these things take time), the end of this year will be an exciting one for both Sonore and UpTone. I am rooting for the µRendu to be a huge hit for Jesus. And there is every reason to believe it will be.

Yea, I mistakenly thought uRender had I2S (up the thread some) but was corrected and I'm on the right page now. Regardless, it's a very ambitious product and I, like many others, am intrigued and hopeful. I like the way Jesus conducts himself, seems like a very straightforward, honest guy, same for everyone involved with Uptone. I enjoy supporting guys like you all!

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

What I am wondering if if there is a hack to get regular single ended i2s off the board. Yes, I know, screw the warranty.

Yea, I mistakenly thought uRender had I2S (up the thread some) but was corrected and I'm on the right page now. Regardless, it's a very ambitious product and I, like many others, am intrigued and hopeful. I like the way Jesus conducts himself, seems like a very straightforward, honest guy, same for everyone involved with Uptone. I enjoy supporting guys like you all!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Yeah yeah yeah. So, how much? I've got so much stuff it's silly now.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

But it is going to be terrific! :)

Hmm. You sound like a certain real-estate-mogul-cum-politician. (Kidding, kidding.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Yeah yeah yeah. So, how much? I've got so much stuff it's silly now.

Sell some? :)....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

What I am wondering if if there is a hack to get regular single ended i2s off the board. Yes, I know, screw the warranty.

Not a chance. There are no clocks on the board to generate audio signals via i2s and no pin outs for it either. The unit really is void of all non essential components:) Your best bet is to connect the microRendu to your Sonore Audiobyte interface.

Jesus R

There is a good chance of this, but you can't blame a guy for dreaming... :)

Your best bet is to connect the microRendu to your Sonore Audiobyte interface.

Jesus R

Forrest:

http://audioshark.org/computer-digital-audio-11/sonore-signature-rendu-seems-da-bomb-6621-page2.html#.VdaJWjZRHIV

Mike said:I did a lot of comparisons to the similarly priced Lumin A1 last night and the Sonore Signature Rendu/DirectStream/i2s got a lot closer sonically, but I still felt the Lumin A1 had a bigger, fuller, more forward (as in sitting in the first row) presentation.

So fuller,and more forward.Some cheap sd card player also can do this.

There is a good chance of this, but you can't blame a guy for dreaming... :)

It was considered. However, you can see from the Sonore Audiobyte what kind of real estate it would take to do it right. The feature would then prevent one from connecting the microRendu directly to a DAC and that is not something I wanted to give up.

Jesus R

http://audioshark.org/computer-digital-audio-11/sonore-signature-rendu-seems-da-bomb-6621-page2.html#.VdaJWjZRHIV

Mike said:I did a lot of comparisons to the similarly priced Lumin A1 last night and the Sonore Signature Rendu/DirectStream/i2s got a lot closer sonically, but I still felt the Lumin A1 had a bigger, fuller, more forward (as in sitting in the first row) presentation.

So fuller,and more forward.Some cheap sd card player also can do this.

Mikes review is a snap shot in time. Since the post the DS has gone through several firmware updates each with mass approval. Also, I think it needs to be noted that Mike is a Lumin dealer. I don't think it's appropriate to compare either of these two solutions with a cheap SD card player. Finally, I don't see the Lumin or a cheap SD card player as competition to the Sonore Signature Series Rendu. Each has it's place and target market.....

Jesus R

I would love to see a SoC diy item such as your Audiobyte project with simple (no mclk or dsp) i2s, or maybe sell a (downloadable) Sonic Orbiter image for one of the better SoC for use as NAA. Sort of along tge lines of how the sMS100 was implemented perhaps, but capable of dsd256? If there is anyone that can do it besides Jussi, it is you.

No expectations...

It was considered. However, you can see from the Sonore Audiobyte what kind of real estate it would take to do it right. The feature would then prevent one from connecting the microRendu directly to a DAC and that is not something I wanted to give up.

Jesus R

Forrest:

so you are custom designing/manufacturing these motherboards to suit your needs exactly... have you ever thought about designing an audio mATX motherboard? a board with just the essentials for us... 4 lanes ram, a couple sata ports, a couple usb ports on individual hubs, etc, without all the extra stuff we never use. there is a lot of people that spend a lot of time trying to find the "perfect" motherboard! seems like you have the knowledge and skill to do such a thing?