IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

Just curious, why do you require Roon? I just do not understand all the hype about Roon, and I have used it in our set up at RMAF.

And, a question: would you be willing to use Roon if doing so involved a sonic compromise?

I like Roon because it allows me to elegantly combine local and streaming music, across (when they release the software, etc.) a range of endpoints, using diverse clients.

If you notice a SQ issue with Roon, I'd hope you communicate that to them in the hopes it might be mitigated.

Just curious, why do you require Roon? I just do not understand all the hype about Roon, and I have used it in our set up at RMAF.

And, a question: would you be willing to use Roon if doing so involved a sonic compromise?

Short answer is I love the interface & Tidal integration so much so, I bought a lifetime membership so that's why I require Roon.

When I had a Linn Klimax DS/2, I used both Bubble UPnP and Kazoo and prior to discovering Roon, I was using JRiver on my Android tablet with my USB DACs. I prefer Roon by a large margin.

As for using Roon versus a sonic compromise, I'm using a dedicated audio PC with Fidelizer & REGEN amber (both PC and REGEN are powered by a JS-2) and it sounds damn good with my Schiit Yggy (Totaldac D1-dual incoming) and if the SSSR sounds better, well, at this point, ignorance is bliss!

ChrisG

Bend, OR

Another question for Barrows. Considering...

Generally speaking, when one uses an Ethernet Renderer like the Sonore Rendu, what is typically considered the playback software is the software which runs on the Renderer, and the software running on other components on the network have no influence on sound quality. This is actually one of the big benefits of using an Ethernet Renderer as opposed to using a computer/server via USB for playback: there is no need for software tweaking, special add on programs, or special computer tweaks. The software running on the Renderer itself is the playback software, and is all that matters.

A really good Renderer, like the Sonore Signature Rendu runs an operating system and playback software specifically designed only to play audio with the best possible sound quality, so no software tweaks are necessary for best possible sound quality.

...and assuming the μrendu will also be "A really good Renderer, like the Sonore Signature Rendu"...

...hopefully the question asks itself?

Waiting for Auralic to finish LDS for iPhone is making me grumpy enough to look at other solutions. I could hide this thing away back behind my amp... which would be beautiful and perfect! Please let this come out soon!

Aries Mini -> Audioquest Forest -> Musical Fidelity M6si -> Nordost White -> Ascend Acoustics Sierra RAAL tower

Short answer is I love the interface & Tidal integration so much so, I bought a lifetime membership so that's why I require Roon.

When I had a Linn Klimax DS/2, I used both Bubble UPnP and Kazoo and prior to discovering Roon, I was using JRiver on my Android tablet with my USB DACs. I prefer Roon by a large margin.

As for using Roon versus a sonic compromise, I'm using a dedicated audio PC with Fidelizer & REGEN amber (both PC and REGEN are powered by a JS-2) and it sounds damn good with my Schiit Yggy (Totaldac D1-dual incoming) and if the SSSR sounds better, well, at this point, ignorance is bliss!

I have Roon also. Given that it was released only six months it is amazing. Looking forward to the integration with HQ for what everyone believes will be better sound. Sounds very good to me now.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

• 2 weeks later...
You'll be pleased at pomegranates to learn that there is already a μRendu thread in the Sonore Sponsored Forum here on the ComputerAudiophile forums.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-rendu-25583/

Don't agree.

That thread wasn't started by Sonore, it was placed there by a user. Jesus (Sonore) has said when he has information to give out about the device he will publicize it. It's not a product yet, it's still a device in development. So I think it might be easy to understand why Sonore hasn't put out any more info till now.

Since the device wasn't even supposed to be publicly known about yet (it was unintentionally left exposed on a supposedly private web site page), I'd suggest the polite thing to do is to continue speculating endlessly here about a product that we know almost nothing about.

Let Sonore start a thread in their own sponsored forum when they feel ready to do so.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Don't agree.

That thread wasn't started by Sonore, it was placed there by a user. Jesus (Sonore) has said when he has information to give out about the device he will publicize it. It's not a product yet, it's still a device in development. So I think it might be easy to understand why Sonore hasn't put out any more info till now.

Since the device wasn't even supposed to be publicly known about yet (it was unintentionally left exposed on a supposedly private web site page), I'd suggest the polite thing to do is to continue speculating endlessly here about a product that we know almost nothing about.

Let Sonore start a thread in their own sponsored forum when they feel ready to do so.

I presume that you meant to reply to matthias. I'm simply waiting patiently for the official μRendu release.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this product was just a gleam in the designer's eye when it was prematurely and inappropriately leaked 5 months ago. It sounds like a great concept and I hope we'll hear something further about its status soon.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I guess this product was just a gleam in the designer's eye when it was prematurely and inappropriately leaked 5 months ago. It sounds like a great concept and I hope we'll hear something further about its status soon.

They might miss the boat if they don't hurry up. Other products will jump in to claim the "Roon Revolution".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might miss the boat if they don't hurry up. Other products will jump in to claim the "Roon Revolution".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main point of the device is to be an audiophile quality ethernet to USB renderer/server. It will have several playack modes, Roon being only one of them. I doubt they will miss the boat on anything, the first Roon ready devices are just coming out, and I still haven't seen or heard of anything that occupies the same niche as this device.

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus, I just saw your exciting news that you've completed the design work. Congratulations!

Is it OK to ask some questions now? When you say the hub generates a completely new USB signal, does that mean that REGEN technology has been built into the micro Rendu (so we don't need a REGEN between this device and a USB DAC input)?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Jesus! (pun intended). First time I see this device. This is the bomb, fantastic. Especially the RoonReady bit in my opinion. What's the target price give or take?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Jesus! (pun intended). First time I see this device. This is the bomb, fantastic. Especially the RoonReady bit in my opinion. What's the target price give or take?

See the other thread. Device about to go into production. No price determined yet.

Chris Connaker ... I think we should close either this thread or the one in the Sonore sponsored forum. It will be easier to just follow one of them.

Chris Connaker ... I think we should close either this thread or the one in the Sonore sponsored forum. It will be easier to just follow one of them.

I PM'd Chris with the same request

"This is why some of us have been looking for that elusive 'audiophile' motherboard for a good while now."

I hope that everyone does realize that the Sonore Signature Rendu Ethernet Renderer already offers this, right? Purpose built Ethernet Renderer where the Ethernet processing board is designed and engineered specifically, and only, for high end audio use. No switching supplies/DC-DC switching converters, etc.

To the less computer tech inclined these products are still a black box...but I am left with the impression one still needs a computer in the loop to direct the music stream.

Always assume the desired end game is to get computers out of the music system entirely by the use of dedicated servers such as made by Aurender or Auralic. Seems ROON makes a similar demand...a computer in the chain which is, to me, a sideways step, not an evolutionary one.

Always assume the desired end game is to get computers out of the music system entirely by the use of dedicated servers such as made by Aurender or Auralic.

A dedicated server is more or less a computer optimized for audio.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)