IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

Wow with all of the different modes it can be used to retrofit any DAC with a USB input into a full featured streamer. Even does Airplay! This definitely is a product that fills a hole in the marketplace. Now we just need a Roon IOS app, combined with Roon HQplayer integration.

I don't think you are going to get too much info out of Sonore yet, as the product isn't finished.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Let's just say a little birdie told me differently.

The link wasn't directly published on the pages at Sonore.us - you had to already know the URL to access it. But since you published the link it may force Jesus into talking about it....or he may take the page down....

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Let's just say a little birdie told me differently.

The link wasn't directly published on the pages at Sonore.us - you had to already know the URL to access it. But since you published the link it may force Jesus into talking about it....or he may take the page down....

Well that might not be a bad thing. The more people who know about it, the more he will sell. Competition is stiff in this space with all sorts of renderer's popping up. It has a few advantages over the Auralic Aries mini. Big ones being NAA and Roon speaker capable.

I just stumbled upon this little device. I haven't seen any discussion on this little device on here yet. I bet this is going to be very popular. Looks like the ultimate compact USB based NAA.

You should have contacted me before posting that link. That link was used for test hits only and is not up to date. The microRendu has it's own domain consisting of a landing page and followed up with a product page. The correct link is below in my signature. For the record there are currently two units in the microRendu series, but I have not worked out how to incorporate the second unit into the webpage so there is no information on it yet. Anyway, I encourage people to sign up for the email list to receive periodic updates on the series.

Jesus R

Jesus - Looks like a very interesting product, very excited to learn more when the information is available.

Concur. I, too, am very interested. The timing for my needs is fortuitous. I have already responded by emailing Jesus as he recommended.

Best,

Richard

The correct link is below in my signature. For the record there are currently two units in the microRendu series, but I have not worked out how to incorporate the second unit into the webpage so there is no information on it yet.

The Rendu's main board has been specifically built for processing audio signals perfectly

Dedicated audiophile motherboard - awesome.

Why not set up a WordPress site, this makes update really easy?

Looking forward to the second unit as well.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Why not set up a WordPress site, this makes update really easy?

You kill me, YashN. Your brain literally doesn't shut off or just accept that a given method is a potentially fine method, even if not perfect, does it? I'm not harping on you, I've been following your other 2(or was it 5) threads and they're great. Man you've got ideas and shit flying around all the time. It's funny to see it come out else where too, when you don't exactly have a horse in the race. I'm too busy to get invested in mainly your Vibration and AC Conditioning threads now, but hopefully in like January I'll be good to go. Good luck with it, and hopefully I can contribute them and show you some of my crazy too.

As for this new Rendu, it looks pretty damn cool. I hope the price point won't be too bad, though I have ZERO need for this with my Xeon NAA/Jplay Audio-PC... Or maybe I do. If it doesn't turn out to be too cost prohibitive with that "audiophile motherboard"(that word scared dollars signs into my brain when I read it), then it will probably be worth a serious look anyway.

You kill me, YashN. Your brain literally doesn't shut off or just accept that a given method is a potentially fine method, even if not perfect, does it? I'm not harping on you, I've been following your other 2(or was it 5) threads and they're great. Man you've got ideas and shit flying around all the time. It's funny to see it come out else where too, when you don't exactly have a horse in the race. I'm too busy to get invested in mainly your Vibration and AC Conditioning threads now, but hopefully in like January I'll be good to go. Good luck with it, and hopefully I can contribute them and show you some of my crazy too.

Hey man, not sure I quite follow you here, but as long as you're finding great info from the threads and getting great results from experiments and having fun in the process, go for it! You'll see that a lot of the info comes through others sharing their findings and linking to great resources. Looking forward to your own posts. Not much crazy stuff in what I look into: it just seems like that because if you don't go deep enough in finding the explanations (all very rational from an engineering point of view), it can start looking that way. This said, I'm probably looking at too many things at the same time (but that's because I like thinking and optimising systems) :)

Maybe I presumed too much about what Jesus said and perhaps it has nothing to do with ease of use of updating the site but rather in how he words the new info and the timing/marketing of it. If it's really ease of update then I can help: I know WP very well, been self-hosting it since 2005 and also worked with it for very large corporations like Disney, Merck, RM/Blackberry and a whole lot more.

As for this new Rendu, it looks pretty damn cool. I hope the price point won't be too bad, though I have ZERO need for this with my Xeon NAA/Jplay Audio-PC... Or maybe I do.

It will need good comparisons and may prove fruitful: many of the small computer motherboards are still too generic for my taste for use in an NAA (I was contemplating some BeagleBone Black and other 'fanless' small motherboards) but even then, there are way too many stuff on those circuits for ideal use as an NAA.

This is why some of us have been looking for that elusive 'audiophile' motherboard for a good while now.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

You should have contacted me before posting that link. That link was used for test hits only and is not up to date. The microRendu has it's own domain consisting of a landing page and followed up with a product page. The correct link is below in my signature. For the record there are currently two units in the microRendu series, but I have not worked out how to incorporate the second unit into the webpage so there is no information on it yet. Anyway, I encourage people to sign up for the email list to receive periodic updates on the series.

Jesus R

Sorry since I found the link on Google, I didn't think it was top secret.

Your brain literally doesn't shut off

It gives me a hard time to find sleep.

I can sleep a whole night (let's say 6-7 hours) and wake up exhausted because I know for a fact that I've been thinking about engineering, science, design and coding the whole night.

Fun when you wake up solving a large problem which stumped you and others for a good time, but less fun when several tiring days follow up with no solution and you feel drained.

Bit of a blessing, bit of a curse.

It will need good comparisons and may prove fruitful: many of the small computer motherboards are still too generic for my taste for use in an NAA (I was contemplating some BeagleBone Black and other 'fanless' small motherboards) but even then, there are way too many stuff on those circuits for ideal use as an NAA.

This is why some of us have been looking for that elusive 'audiophile' motherboard for a good while now.

It has a proprietary board and has been designed by people who know what they are doing to get a quiet board suitable for audio. I'm betting we won't be disappointed. I'm already keeping my powder dry, as it were, so I'll have the cash on hand when it is available.

It has a proprietary board and has been designed by people who know what they are doing to get a quiet board suitable for audio. I'm betting we won't be disappointed. I'm already keeping my powder dry, as it were, so I'll have the cash on hand when it is available.

Judging by the reception of the previous products (one worked on with John), I am fairly certain this will be awesome.

Judging by the reception of the previous products (one worked on with John), I am fairly certain this will be awesome.

Likely awesome translates to buy some (smile). Bring it on when it's ready for prime time. Good fortune with its innovation.

Best,

Richard

"This is why some of us have been looking for that elusive 'audiophile' motherboard for a good while now."

I hope that everyone does realize that the Sonore Signature Rendu Ethernet Renderer already offers this, right? Purpose built Ethernet Renderer where the Ethernet processing board is designed and engineered specifically, and only, for high end audio use. No switching supplies/DC-DC switching converters, etc.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I hope that everyone does realize that the Sonore Signature Rendu Ethernet Renderer already offers this, right? Purpose built Ethernet Renderer where the Ethernet processing board is designed and engineered specifically, and only, for high end audio use. No switching supplies/DC-DC switching converters, etc.

I don't think everyone does, so perhaps making this more widely known would be a good thing. Additionally, detailing the advantages of the forthcoming units.

That was the one you worked on Barrows?

for high end audio use. No switching supplies/DC-DC switching converters, etc.

By the way, Barrows, I notice in your sig your DIY parallel AC Filter. Is it something you can share since I'm in the process of building my own AC Filter box (long thread)?

"This is why some of us have been looking for that elusive 'audiophile' motherboard for a good while now."

Yes, I fully realize it. If I had an I2S DAC, I'd probably have bought the Signature Rendu. (SPDIF has some limitations I'm not interested in). Which is why I've asked a couple of times on various forums for Jesus to market something approaching a similar level of quality for USB. I'm thinking this will be it.

Yash, I work with Sonore on product development and production. Sonore is small, so we also share other duties generally. The Sonore Signature Rendu is designed to be the best possible Ethernet Renderer available, it uses no normal computer boards or anything like that, everything in the SSR is purpose built for high end audio playback only.

As for my AC filter, that would be way OT, but send me a PM and I will respond privately.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Yes, I fully realize it. If I had an I2S DAC, I'd probably have bought the Signature Rendu. (SPDIF has some limitations I'm not interested in). Which is why I've asked a couple of times on various forums for Jesus to market something approaching a similar level of quality for USB. I'm thinking this will be it.

While agree on the limitations of SPDIF, so does USB! Unfortunately, most USB DACs still feature poor USB interface design, this is why we have a massive thread at CA regarding USB-SPDIF converters. For many DACs, SPDIF is their best input, but I agree, it should not be this way!

Ultimately, we are going to get to Ethernet connected DACs, I have to applaud Linn here for their prescience! In the mean time, I think most would be very surprised at the performance of the SPDIF output of the Sonore Signature Rendu, it has a very unique SPDIF drive circuitry, and with a lot of DACs SPDIF from the SSR will be better than USB.

To my mind, converting from Ethernet, then to USB, and then to I2S (internally every DAC will eventually convert to I2S) is kind of crazy, but understand, that for some DACs, USB will be their best performing input...

SONORE computer audio

Yash, I work with Sonore on product development and production. Sonore is small, so we also share other duties generally. The Sonore Signature Rendu is designed to be the best possible Ethernet Renderer available, it uses no normal computer boards or anything like that, everything in the SSR is purpose built for high end audio playback only.

As for my AC filter, that would be way OT, but send me a PM and I will respond privately.

I can imagine this new device will be less expensive. Can the Signature Rendu be used as an NAA and Roon endpoint? I think that will be the main selling feature.

Yash, I work with Sonore on product development and production. Sonore is small, so we also share other duties generally.

Cool.

The Sonore Signature Rendu is designed to be the best possible Ethernet Renderer available, it uses no normal computer boards or anything like that, everything in the SSR is purpose built for high end audio playback only.

Very good to use as NAA with Miska's software. Maybe too early to compare to the forthcoming products?

PM sent.