IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

The Roon IOS app won't work with the IPad 2. Here's a list of compatible IPads.

I also asked about iPhone 6+ compatibility. Here's the response I received.

[ATTACH]20628[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20629[/ATTACH]

Sorry I wrote it wrong. I have iPad Air 2. That's why I am ok.

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

Sorry I wrote it wrong. I have iPad Air 2. That's why I am ok.

Lucky guy :). I bought the iPhone 6 plus so I wouldn't need an IPad. But I suppose it's not a total IPad replacement. I wonder if there's a way to run IPad apps on it if I jailbreak it? This is something I'll be looking into.

Ok any continued talk about this should take place on the Roon thread.

I have IPad 2 also, waiting to see how it works. May buy the new 12 inch model when it comes out.

I have Tidal integrated with the Roon software. Will the urendu be able to also integrate the Tidal music?

Just leased a new car and I am playing Tidal music downloaded to my cell phone. Also streams Pandora. Amazing!

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

I have IPad 2 also, waiting to see how it works. May buy the new 12 inch model when it comes out.

I have Tidal integrated with the Roon software. Will the urendu be able to also integrate the Tidal music?

Just leased a new car and I am playing Tidal music downloaded to my cell phone. Also streams Pandora. Amazing!

iPad Air 2?

The Urendu will be able to output anything Roon can throw at it.

I wish I had your mobile data plan :)

iPad Air 2?

The Urendu will be able to output anything Roon can throw at it.

I wish I had your mobile data plan :)

No the old one, its three years old. One of the best products I ever bought, use it everyday to surf the Internet. It does have some trouble connecting to the router.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

Too bad incompatible with Roon.

You are correct, I misread the ones that were compatible. So now I am in a bind as I won't be able to see how it works unless I buy a new one.

Hi all,

a question to better understand a few of the micro-rendu output modes I could be interested in.

For mode 1, squeezelite output, I'm familiar with the LMS architecture, with a server where a Logitech Media Server instance is running and a client (the player), all controlled by an app. In my case it was a few years back: LMS running on a TonidoPlug + Logitech SqueezeBox Touch + iPeng on iPad which I really loved.

For mode 2, shairport, this is basically airplay streaming from iDevices.

I've been also using various MPD based solutions (eg Volumio, RuneAudio, Moode Audio), but I have always been running MPD sort of "embedded" in those software distro, in my case always on Raspberry Pi2. In other words, the player control was integrated with music library management.

On the contrary, I understand that the usage of micro-rendu output mode 3 (mpd/dlna) or mode 3b (mpd) would imply some sort of separation of the physical systems where the mpd player runs (ie the micro-rendu) and the system (??? which one ???) where the music library is hosted and managed.

Would anyone be able point me to some example of how this configuration could be implemented?

Thanks

Franz

MPD will run on the micro-rendu, it accesses files over the network (from a NAS or some other computer that shares the files). MPD itself is in charge of keeping track of the files and actually playing them. The control and user interface is done with a "client" program. This can be on the same device (but probably not on the micro-rendu since it doesn't have a screen) or a different device. There are literally hundreds of MPD clients available that run on all kinds of devices with many different types of user interfaces. You get to choose what device you want to use for the UI and what client to run on it. This can be a little daunting since there are so many choices, but they are free so you can try several and see what you like.

John S.

..... There are literally hundreds of MPD clients available that run on all kinds of devices with many different types of user interfaces....

So - just to name one - Mpod for Ipad could be one of them.

I tried it on the iPad as an alternative to the default web interface of RuneAudio, but - to be honest - even if it was doing its job decently (and my wife actually started using it) I did not like it particularly, maybe because I was used to my previous experience with iPeng (for the LMS ecosystem) which IMHO is exceptional.

So, re-phrasing my question, could anybody recommend a very good MPD client running on iPad?

And just to return to the "micro-rendu" topic, is there any public "high-level" plan on when we could expect it to be available?

Thanks again.

Franz

Thank you for the recommendation!

I had to learn how to configure minidlna on my raspberry to have some music showing, but after a couple of google searches in 5 minutes my dlna server is indexing!

Thanks

Franz

I was able to play for some time with the "Lumin" client. It seems really nice...at least until it encountered an issue server side.

In fact I now have a problem with my minidlna server, that systematically crashes around 20.000 songs indexed.

Hopefully I will figure out the root cause...

Franz

How much memory does your raspberry have installed?

I found out what the problem was.

The minidlna db was created in a filesystem not big enough, causing the process to crash.

I changed it in /etc/minidlna.conf

from

db_dir=/run/minidlna

to

db_dir=/var/lib/mpd/music/SDCARD/minidlna/

Where SDCARD folder, in moode audio, is a folder tha can be expanded to occupy the entire remaining space available on the card unused from the distro code (almost 7Gb in my case, using an 8Gb micro sd card)

I succesfully indexed all my 43000+ flac files

The control and user interface is done with a "client" program. This can be on the same device (but probably not on the micro-rendu since it doesn't have a screen) or a different device.

The fact that the device does not have a screen, would not be an issue per se.

In fact many sw distro work headless, such as Volumio , Rune Audio or Moode Audio.

I have been using all of them for some time on Raspberry Pi2, at the moment Moode.

It would be just a matter of t the device having enough computing power.

Could this be the case?

The fact that the device does not have a screen, would not be an issue per se.

In fact many sw distro work headless, such as Volumio , Rune Audio or Moode Audio.

I have been using all of them for some time on Raspberry Pi2, at the moment Moode.

It would be just a matter of t the device having enough computing power.

Could this be the case?

The part that does the playing (the MPD server) does NOT need a screen, as a mater of fact it has no need of a screen at all. All control (user interface) is through the client which is what needs the screen. The client and the server can exist on the same computer or they can be on different ones.

John S.

I found out what the problem was.

The minidlna db was created in a filesystem not big enough, causing the process to crash.

I changed it in /etc/minidlna.conf

from

db_dir=/run/minidlna

to

db_dir=/var/lib/mpd/music/SDCARD/minidlna/

Thanks for the tip - works great now.

Give Lumin player a shot.

+1 This is working slick with the Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Jesus, where are you at in the design process for this device? Are you done with prototyping? Thanks.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Jesus, where are you at in the design process for this device? Are you done with prototyping? Thanks.

Not Jesus, but I have some info. The µRendu was only leaked to the public, no formal announcement has been made, and that is the reason for this thread. Any discussion right now is entirely premature, as no release date has been set. The short answer to your exact question is no.

I do not believe it is really appropriate to discuss any specifics about this concept at this point, certainly not in a public forum, which may create expectations which are entirely unreasonable.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Not Jesus, but I have some info. The µRendu was only leaked to the public, no formal announcement has been made, and that is the reason for this thread. Any discussion right now is entirely premature, as no release date has been set. The short answer to your exact question is no.

I do not believe it is really appropriate to discuss any specifics about this concept at this point, certainly not in a public forum, which may create expectations which are entirely unreasonable.

Thanks (for the info, and just for being a voice of calm in a subject area that's lately been stirred up quite a lot).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The µRendu was only leaked to the public, no formal announcement has been made, and that is the reason for this thread. Any discussion right now is entirely premature, as no release date has been set. The short answer to your exact question is no.

Barrows, thanks. I just saw Jesus's post #7 at the beginning of this thread and now I understand your concern. Of course I will respect your request.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I had a general question about the Sonore products. I understand that the Rendus and the uRendu eliminate the PC "noise". If so, how critical is the operating software that is used for the PC or server. I have noticed a lot of members use Windows 2012 with or without other add-ons. However, is this really necessary given the Sonore products' objectives. I realize this may be hard to answer but I am wondering if there would be a further improvement with "better" software.

I had a general question about the Sonore products. I understand that the Rendus and the uRendu eliminate the PC "noise". If so, how critical is the operating software that is used for the PC or server. I have noticed a lot of members use Windows 2012 with or without other add-ons. However, is this really necessary given the Sonore products' objectives. I realize this may be hard to answer but I am wondering if there would be a further improvement with "better" software.

Generally speaking, when one uses an Ethernet Renderer like the Sonore Rendu, what is typically considered the playback software is the software which runs on the Renderer, and the software running on other components on the network have no influence on sound quality. This is actually one of the big benefits of using an Ethernet Renderer as opposed to using a computer/server via USB for playback: there is no need for software tweaking, special add on programs, or special computer tweaks. The software running on the Renderer itself is the playback software, and is all that matters.

A really good Renderer, like the Sonore Signature Rendu runs an operating system and playback software specifically designed only to play audio with the best possible sound quality, so no software tweaks are necessary for best possible sound quality.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio