IGNORED

Sonore μRendu

Yes, same width and height as the REGEN case, but about an inch longer. We both get out cases from the same Japanese supplier's series. Jesus was kind enough to choose silver instead of black. :)

So, apart from the rendering ability of the Rendu, how will the Regen and Rendu compliment and overlap?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Jesus, you said that there are two units in the micro Rendu series. How do they differ?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I've been following Alex's thread about the mystery REGEN add-on power supply, and I'm curious whether it would work with the micro Rendu. It is 5-7V/1A.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

I've been following Alex's thread about the mystery REGEN add-on power supply, and I'm curious whether it would work with the micro Rendu. It is 5-7V/1A.

I was wondering the same thing, given Alex's enthusiasm for both. But I believe the answer is no.

Sorry I took another look at the spec sheet for the micro Rendu and it requires 6-9 VDC at 2 A, so I guess you're right sm31.

I think Pepsican has asked the most intriguing question.

I am a satisfied user of the sms-100 music server especially now that Jesus and Andrew got the Sonicorbiter software functioning again. Thank you guys!

So I am really looking forward to this interesting product as a potential upgrade and also expanding functions such as Roon endpoint.

I am also using a lot the Tidal streaming service which I use using AirPlay from iPhone and iPad. I know there is a better way to play Tidal directly from the sms-100 through ickstream but honestly I have been discouraged by the difficult procedure and never tried.

Do you plan to have Tidal integration a little easier in the micro Rendu like in Aries and Aurender renderers? Just a web page where you sign in and off you go.

Simone

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

May be my question is not suitable for micro Rendu but not sure where to mention the feature. The thing is beside ethernet input how about also provide hdmi input that can split out good audio digital (coaxial, toslink or usb, with another hdmi pass through) for downstream DAC?

Since more and more people are using BD players as their source player in watching movies or playback blu ray high purity audio disc, I would forsee this feature is welcomed by a lot of users. Of course on the caveat of it doesn't compromise sound quality on the simple design.

I am a satisfied user of the sms-100 music server especially now that Jesus and Andrew got the Sonicorbiter software functioning again. Thank you guys!

So I am really looking forward to this interesting product as a potential upgrade and also expanding functions such as Roon endpoint.

I am also using a lot the Tidal streaming service which I use using AirPlay from iPhone and iPad. I know there is a better way to play Tidal directly from the sms-100 through ickstream but honestly I have been discouraged by the difficult procedure and never tried.

Do you plan to have Tidal integration a little easier in the micro Rendu like in Aries and Aurender renderers? Just a web page where you sign in and off you go.

Simone

simone, considering roon has tidal integration why dont you just use your iphone or ipad as a roon remote (the roon ios app will definitely be ready when this device is launched considering its already in the approval process for the app store) and then that way you dont need a bunch of different ways and programs to listen to your music you just use roon from your computer.

Simone

Tidal is supported in DLNA mode with BubbleUPNP on Android. It is also supported in DLNA mode on iOS with BubbleUPNP Server and Linn Kazoo.

Jesus R

May be my question is not suitable for micro Rendu but not sure where to mention the feature. The thing is beside ethernet input how about also provide hdmi input that can split out good audio digital (coaxial, toslink or usb, with another hdmi pass through) for downstream DAC?

Since more and more people are using BD players as their source player in watching movies or playback blu ray high purity audio disc, I would forsee this feature is welcomed by a lot of users. Of course on the caveat of it doesn't compromise sound quality on the simple design.

I really don't see us adding this feature. Consider a DAC or a receiver to handle switching of input.

Jesus R

simone, considering roon has tidal integration why dont you just use your iphone or ipad as a roon remote (the roon ios app will definitely be ready when this device is launched considering its already in the approval process for the app store) and then that way you dont need a bunch of different ways and programs to listen to your music you just use roon from your computer.

This will be a good option...

Jesus R

What a joke. I wish I haden't wasted my money on ROON. Jriver is a way better product for the money.

"Better" how?

On the device requirements, worth keeping in mind they're delivering a pretty damned good GUI client and server app across a number of platforms simultaneously. That requires them to make some engineering choices, and so it doesn't surprise me their app doesn't run on three or four year old hardware.

"Better" how?

On the device requirements, worth keeping in mind they're delivering a pretty damned good GUI client and server app across a number of platforms simultaneously. That requires them to make some engineering choices, and so it doesn't surprise me their app doesn't run on three or four year old hardware.

I do like the GUI, but I don't like the lack of features. Especially the lack of minimal server mode, DSP plugins etc. It's also a resource hog. And the fact they can't make an app that will run on my brand new Iphone 6 plus is a real deal breaker. The GUI is just a novelty that will wear off soon just like the 3D on my TV. What I like in a media player is functionality.

But this is the wrong thread for this discussion.

I do like the GUI, but I don't like the lack of features. Especially the lack of minimal server mode, DSP plugins etc. It's also a resource hog. And the fact they can't make an app that will run on my brand new Iphone 6 plus is a real deal breaker. The GUI is just a novelty that will wear off soon just like the 3D on my TV. What I like in a media player is functionality.

But this is the wrong thread for this discussion.

they JUST released a headless server version for the "minimal server mode" you mentioned.

they are apparently integrating HQ player into roon which covers the dsp..

all thats left is the phone how are you honestly meant to browse through a tidal sized music library on a phone?

they JUST released a headless server version for the "minimal server mode" you mentioned.

they are apparently integrating HQ player into roon which covers the dsp..

all thats left is the phone how are you honestly meant to browse through a tidal sized music library on a phone?

Well those 2 features will definitely make it more attractive. I think the Iphone 6 plus has a big enough screen. It's perfectly fine using Jremote and the tidal app. You just need to layout the app properly.

people talk about how small touchscreen tablets make viewing the roon gui hard so i dont think a phone would be ideal (for that particular program i mean) i havent got a roon remote set up yet so i cantr give you an opinion from my point of view.

Well I updated and can't find where to switch to headless server mode. I do have a 10" Android tablet. I suppose I could try it out.

Well I updated and can't find where to switch to headless server mode. I do have a 10" Android tablet. I suppose I could try it out.

this is the absolute wrong place for this discussion so im going to make this my last post so we stop derailing the thread.

this is from the roon forums. make sure you follow the instructions.

For now, Roon users wishing to migrate their libraries to RoonServer can find download links and setup instructions here.

Wow, definitely a good option for me. I have all Mac and iPad 2 so I will be fine with this.

That's a nice reason to buy the micro Rendu.

I may also try the Bubble UPNP server in the meantime with my sms-100.

Thank you for your advice, with so many options sometimes it's easy to get confused!

Simone

« Information is not knowledge / Knowledge is not wisdom / Wisdom is not truth / Truth is not beauty / Beauty is not love / Love is not music / MUSIC IS THE BEST. » FZ

Wow, definitely a good option for me. I have all Mac and iPad 2 so I will be fine with this.

That's a nice reason to buy the micro Rendu.

I may also try the Bubble UPNP server in the meantime with my sms-100.

Thank you for your advice, with so many options sometimes it's easy to get confused!

Simone

The Roon IOS app won't work with the IPad 2. Here's a list of compatible IPads.

I also asked about iPhone 6+ compatibility. Here's the response I received.

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1440875230.228967.jpg

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1440875217.663961.jpg