spacer.png

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

Another much treasured performance of Winterreise. Great Hans Hotter accompanied by Michael Raucheisen in wartime Berlin. Hotter and Raucheisen recorded the cycle twice during the war, in 1942/43 for DG and in 1943 for radio. M&A released the former, the sound is preferable to that in the cleaned up DG reissue.

1197207042_Screenshot2021-04-24at12_43_46.thumb.png.a51e3eaf95577ebc566746e303aa52d7.png

3 minutes ago, clipper said:

image.png.365d6feb1399e0e8760655832394548c.png

An album that was stunning, and so incredibly under-appreciated at the time, which spoke so clearly of future brilliance. It contains some of the greatest songs ever from Bruce. And, though he has only performed it two or three times in his entire concert career, 'The Angel" remains as the closest song to my heart that he has ever written.

JC

1 minute ago, TubeLover said:

An album that was stunning, and so incredibly under-appreciated at the time, which spoke so clearly of future brilliance. It contains some of the greatest songs ever from Bruce. And, though he has only performed it two or three times in his entire concert career, 'The Angel" remains as the closest song to my heart that he has ever written.

JC

I agree 100%.  Every song is perfect.  

I can never put this album on without listening to the whole thing, from start to finish.  I just finished listening to it 10 minutes ago.  Love the way the album draws to a close (the last 30 seconds or so of It's So Hard to be a Saint In the City).