12 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Just a word of warning: this is basically the background music for a documentary. It may work well with the images by Sebastien Salgado (I'd love to see that) but as a standalone album I don't think it's worth exploring much further.

I've always assumed this thread was just to chronicle - "here's what I'm listening to tonight." 

Not - "I highly recommend this album!"

:)

7 hours ago, austinpop said:

I've always assumed this thread was just to chronicle - "here's what I'm listening to tonight." 

Not - "I highly recommend this album!"

:)

Agree. But typically I rather post the good stuff. 

Furthermore, I really kind of liked Jarre's last album which was somewhat "back to the roots", so I had high hopes myself.

1 hour ago, MarkusBarkus said:

For @botrytis

CBE8661D-3FFC-4A00-9A87-C41DF86AB36A.jpeg

How about this one...

image.thumb.png.0c7a3c43c90fa80196360423cec94749.png

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

11 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Great recording, unhelpful - yet truthful - title. Unhelpful title as it gives no clue to the works, which include three of the Brandenburgs, the Double Concerto and one odd man out, a single short movement from Suite No. 2 in b minor. Truthful title, as this is a dynamic performance of all Bach works stylishly played with lots of flair and lively tempos, definitely not buttoned up.

5C26D6C8-27B8-4887-8B32-DCEA200F1609.thumb.jpeg.79badaee845f9e55dd092a7dc4dc0145.jpeg

Just checked out quickly some fragments, sound interesting and exciting, indeed!

Thx! 

12 hours ago, Norton said:

Not  just a performance but performance  art! Gieseking playing the Emperor Concerto amid a ruined Berlin and collapsing third reich, during an air raid in January 1945 (yes those are AA guns in the background), in stereo...

http://open.qobuz.com/album/0017685114526
spacer.png

It is generally believed that this stereo recording of Emperor concerto on early AEG-Telefunken Magnetophone was made in the autumn of 1944.