IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

38 minutes ago, jdtitman said:

I’m having problems with the remote. My PC shows up in the remote as being able to connect to it. I’ve tried multiple times. The y remote sees the PC but won’t connect. It’d be nice if it worked. 

Did you:

(1) Have Studio already running on the PC?

(2) Did you click on the PC name presented in the Remote app?

(3) Did you type in the numeric code into the Remote App that was presented on the PC by Studio?

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, Sonic77 said:

Audirvana Studio remote works for windows, just downloaded it.

It works for me, but the artwork is missing, which makes the Remote display look rather bad (when connecting to Studio). It's look better when connecting to Audirvana 3.5 but artwork is still missing,

mQa is dead!

5 minutes ago, lucretius said:

It works for me, but the artwork is missing, which makes the Remote display look rather bad (when connecting to Studio). It's look better when connecting to Audirvana 3.5 but artwork is still missing,

I was confused by the absence of content listing and art, too, but noticed the button on the bottom left of the requires you to select "local" if you want your library's contents to display.  You would think that would be the default, wouldn't you? 

Otherwise, the remote seems to work as expected on my phone. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

12 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I was confused by the absence of content listing and art, too, but noticed the button on the bottom left of the requires you to select "local" if you want your library's contents to display.  You would think that would be the default, wouldn't you? 

Otherwise, the remote seems to work as expected on my phone. 

I had already figured out that "favorites" was the default and changed to "local".  But the artwork is missing nonetheless.  Albums and Artists views have items spread 3 across with no artwork and the display looks horrible as such.  OTH,, the "tracks" listing is sort of like what you'd expect, except there is no indication of artist -- I find it somewhat unusable. 

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, lucretius said:

Did you:

(1) Have Studio already running on the PC?

(2) Did you click on the PC name presented in the Remote app?

(3) Did you type in the numeric code into the Remote App that was presented on the PC by Studio?

1. Yes 

2. Yes

3. No numerals appeared on the PC              screen. I’ve used the previous remote for a couple of years. It too was buggy and many users struggled with it. 

16 minutes ago, jdtitman said:

1. Yes 

2. Yes

3. No numerals appeared on the PC              screen. I’ve used the previous remote for a couple of years. It too was buggy and many users struggled with it. 

Uninstall and reinstall often works for any app that isn't responding correctly. You should see the numerals appear then, as you're familiar with from the past.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3.5 user and decided to dive in on Studio on my high end tube monoblocks system. 

Well, I was happy with 3.5 and waiting for more news on Studio but decided it was time to give it a whirl. The remote app upgraded automatically on the phone and is nice so why not? 

Wow, not sure what has changed but this version is a nice audio improvement over 3.5. I tried upsampling to DSD and it's a duller sound so no use bothering with that. With my unique vintage rebuilt tube monoblocks with an RME ADI-2 DAC and McIntosh full range LS340 it's pretty much no contest. Studio is a sonic winner, end of story. 

I'll support Damien in Studio and that's that. It sounds excellent. Not a big audio library connected and understand some have had some issues there but I'm more on the Qobuz streaming side these days so no issue on that front but I will add a library with some significant quantity at a later point.

Direct DSD Mode on the RME ADI-2 DAC is for DSD files I believe. It's not an issue on the upsampling side really because the RME is simply outstanding. 

At some point I will try some actual DSD files but I'm more interested in the wider range of material available in my regular listening library. 

So, to keep on topic here, Audirvana Studio is truly an outstanding performer and if you like and have 3.5 as I have, you owe it to yourself to try Audirvana Studio.

It's superb. Thanks to everyone sharing their experience on this thread here. 

Thanks and I've read about this aspect on the RME ADI-2 DAC using DSD Direct. I don't want to lose control of the volume as I'm listening but I will certainly try this with Audirvana Studio.

Try to isolate changes and listen for a bit before altering settings so I can get a handle on any change and see if I prefer it. In this case, with the RME, upsampling to DSD on my sensitive tube monoblocks adds a sheen and is definitely not preferable to PCM.

Back in the day prior to the Audirvana software, I had one of the top Sony SACD players. It was built like a tank and weighed in the ballpark of 30 pounds or more. Sent it to a guy in Oregon twice who made a ton of hardware changes and he shipped back the unit with the original parts. It was quite the big bag. That was an amazing player and some albums sounded spectacular as they were redone specifically for SACD.

So fast forward many years and I have to say Audirvana Studio is producing some of the best sound in this tube monoblock system I've ever had. So for those who are waiting to try it and upgrade from Audirvana 3.5, this may be the time.

(More later when I can digest everything in my setup.) Happy listening! 

hi all:  anyone have any idea why Qobuz appears so incomplete in offerings on STUDIO compared to Qobuz from the dock icon or for that matter on ROON ie no choice of one genre or multiple genres and selections change repeatably or not even the same as from Qobuz alone.

Also today the 'sync' bar suddenly is doing 'ROONBACKUPS' and then rapidly goes to different bizarre sync of numbers and letters I have never seen-so fast can't even read them. And when I go to check audio HD profile I am allowed one view then am told there is "no analysis during trial period"-- "go to your to your account page and sign up"--well I never had a trial period I just signed up good for a year. Support told me to DISCONNECT and reconnect but didn't explain any serious consequences to doing that or how exactly to disconnect then reconnect--am really afraid I will lose everything if I do that.

Audirvana Studio 1.5.7 is currently the newest version available, but no solution for my stuttering problem. AS is currently unusable for me, so I am playing Internet Music (HI On Line Radio & Radio Paradise) from my Yamaha player. It's definitely an AS problem, because other (computer) sources are working flawlessly. Hopefully Damien will solve this soon. I wonder if Jud is still having this problem too.

3 hours ago, Jud said:

Hi jos -

No, the stuttering went away for me several builds ago.  It was only ever present in a couple of builds if I recall correctly.

In other good news, I'd experienced AS "freezing" (becoming unresponsive) after perhaps 30 minutes to an hour of playback over UPnP with previous builds (direct connection never gave any problem), but with 1.5.7 that doesn't seem to be happening.

Hi Jud, I had the same experience as you, but it returns with 1.5.6. and still persists. I do have the confidence that Damien can solve this, so I need some patience. I play with UPnP too. Glad for you that the freezing  problem is solved! As an alternative I could play by AirPlay to my Yamaha through Apple Music, but the sound is really bad in comparison to AS.