IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

4 hours ago, yoby said:

Hi Adrian: I recently received the After Dark Queen clock for my Ether Regen along with the After dark LPS. It is a very impressive improvement in sound quality right out of the box. I understand that the clock takes a while to settle in. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the ride.                   I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading the fuse in the After dark LPS to a Synergistic Orange one? What is the value of the fuse in place and how does one access it? Also, what power cords are you using with it? Good listening. Jeff L 

Hello! Jeff,

Thanks for your good feedback. The fuse inside can be changed, the fuse socket is located on the front planel. It is rated at 1A for 100-120V, 0.5A for 220-240V. We suggested to use AfterDark Clemintine power cable for best performance. This power cable can be use in Pre-amplified, DAC, music streamer and Giesemann Clock. This cable is airly and lush sounding. 

https://www.adark.co/collections/power-cables/products/afterdark-clementine-power-cable

DSC03243_2048x.jpg?v=1530706902

Have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

6 hours ago, yoby said:

Hi Adrian: Is the fuse the larger size (7x32mm) or the smaller size (5x20mm)? Is that 1A fast blo (F) or slow blo? (T). Thanks again. Jeff L

Hi! Yoby,

Thanks for your questions. The fuse is small size 5x20mm @1A fast blo. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.  

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

I ordered my Emperor Double Crown with their Modernize LPS on Friday, April 16th at 4 a.m. local HK time.  It was packaged and in the hands of Hong Kong Post by Monday, April 19th - well done, AfterDark.  I just received that package in SE Michigan via USPS.   Not bad! - seven business days, eleven elapsed days.  A signed Certificate of Calibration for my serial number was included.  Packaging was excellent.

Burning in now.

WAN (direct from router - no other switches in signal path) or LAN (NAS) > DX Engrg DXE ISO-Plus > BJC Cat 6a > DX Engrg DXE ISO-Plus > Uptone Audio EtherRegen powered by Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 @12v with AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10 MHz External Master Clock powered by AfterDark Modernize LPS > RPi4b/Pi2AES powered by Ferrum Hypsos LPS at 24v running Volumio as end point using Spotify Desktop App or JRiver > I2S over ethernet UTP > Metrum Onyx NOS DAC w/DAC3 Upgrade Modules > balanced AES/EBU > PS Audio SGC Preamp > balanced AES/EBU > Parasound A23 > NHT Classic Towers with dual sealed NHT subwoofers using miniDSP digital xover

Hi eveyone.

I got my 3-input Eva. It came with a couple of loose screws, which i re-installed in a breeze. I had to open it to proceed. The box is basically empty. Not even 10% of the inside is filled. It is a minimalistic design using quality part, from what i could see. Also, it came without the calibration certificate. Adrian should remedy to this, i take for granted. A suggestion for you, Adrian, use locking washers to prevent loose screws.

I use the clock to feed my audio-gd di20he and r7he. It has been on for 30 hours.

How good is it? I would say excellent. It a very good upgrade from my former Morion mv89a i got on ebay. I brings more details and better imaging to the party. Better bass too. And the burn-in is not close to being done. Also the sound is very smooth, more analog than i had ever heard in my room.

I also got the Afterdark mkii 4k 0.5m hdmi i2s cable, it took a bit of time but i now have adopted it, it is excellent too.

Cheers to you, Adrian.

Just made some more listening. With the best live album i have, what i hear is very convincing virtual audio reality. As i like to say, when a system sounds right, it is both analytical and musical at once. You decide what you focus on. This is exactly it but with such convincing depth, tridimensionality. The band is in the room. And the crowd too. 

Adrian,

Do you sell a 75 ohm wave clock that has the LPS in the same case as the clock?   I'm thinking long-term about trying a clock on my second eR and I'm running out of space to put my gear.

Thanks.

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I was having an issue where my Mutec MC-3+USB would intermittently lose sync with the Afterdark clock so I recently purchased a new 1m 75ohm Tchernov Special clock cable from Addicted to Audio to replace the cable the clock came with. 

What do you know,  no more issues so well worth the expense.  Sounds quite closed in so I guess some burn in is required. Now I get to start saving all over again towards an Emperor Double Crown. Ah well.   :)

5 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

I was having an issue where my Mutec MC-3+USB would intermittently lose sync with the Afterdark clock so I recently purchased a new 1m 75ohm Tchernov Special clock cable from Addicted to Audio to replace the cable the clock came with. 

What do you know,  no more issues so well worth the expense.  Sounds quite closed in so I guess some burn in is required. Now I get to start saving all over again towards an Emperor Double Crown. Ah well.   :)

We have more positive feedback with Giesemann Queen x EtherREGEN. Thanks everyone who shares the feedback with us.

2023748733_Screenshot2021-04-30at10_56_39PM.png.081cdc33a6cffcd01550ad1adf9f72ff.png

Hi everyone: I installed a Synergistic Research Orange small (5x20mm) 1A Fast Blow (F) fuse into my After Dark LPS. This is a stunning upgrade for the money. Some gear doesn't respond much to fuse upgrades, but this LPS does. Simply remove the four hex key screws of the front panel and the fuse is right there. Good listening. Jeff

4 minutes ago, yoby said:

Hi everyone: I installed a Synergistic Research Orange small (5x20mm) 1A Fast Blow (F) fuse into my After Dark LPS. This is a stunning upgrade for the money. Some gear doesn't respond much to fuse upgrades, but this LPS does. Simply remove the four hex key screws of the front panel and the fuse is right there. Good listening. Jeff

Did you check direction?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, yoby said:

Hi Jeff,  can you please describe the audible differences? I'm curious after reading this.

6 hours ago, yoby said:

what is your afterdark LPS connected to?

9 hours ago, yoby said:

I installed it with the  SR writing reading left to right as you're looking at it. The sound is fuller and more robust yet  nicely detailed. I'm hearing deeper into the music with no harshness or edginess at all. The soundstage has also deepened slightly ( this is actually a plus for my system/listening room). The fuse that comes stock with the After Dark LPS sounds dull in comparison. There is a 30 day money back guarantee with these fuses, making it a no brainer decision. Good listening my friends and thank you all for the advice and input you've offered on this forum.

Hmmm, I may try a 1a short blow silver fuse from Aucharm or some such. The fuse you listed is out of stock.  This will at least allow me to test for audible changes.

8 minutes ago, Mat said:

I have a queen sine wave with etherregen 50 OHM, is that the wrong version ?

Hi! Mat,

We have queen sine wave in 50 ohm for your EtherREGEN 50 ohm. The 50ohm is matched, so it will work fine. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

22 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Mat,

We have queen sine wave in 50 ohm for your EtherREGEN 50 ohm. The 50ohm is matched, so it will work fine. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Thanks Adrian,

I mean about sine wave and square-wave mismatch ? 

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

Thanks Adrian,

I mean about sine wave and square-wave mismatch ? 

Hi! Mat,

EtherREGEN can accept both sine wave and square-wave, so they will work fine without mismatch.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

20 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Mat,

EtherREGEN can accept both sine wave and square-wave, so they will work fine without mismatch.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Do I need mini circuits ?