IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Just now, JonD said:

Thanks for the update Adrian, appreciate you taking the time; and I am looking forward to receiving the clock when its ready.

Congratulations on becoming a Farad dealer, this is great news as well. I think the Super3 will be very well suited to AfterDark products. I can see a few more of these LPSUs in my future 😄

Fully agree use 2x Farad super3 for Etherregen and Giesemann last one had immediately uplift and after installing level cable another kick.

PS. I use now the cat 7 cable of SOTM really expensive but very well sounding. Another Leaque 🤠 than my double Meicord Opal.

Best regards,Andreas 

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

21 minutes ago, ambre said:

Fully agree use 2x Farad super3 for Etherregen and Giesemann last one had immediately uplift and after installing level cable another kick.

PS. I use now the cat 7 cable of SOTM really expensive but very well sounding. Another Leaque 🤠 than my double Meicord Opal.

Best regards,Andreas 

Hello Ambre ,

I read that the ethernet cable can produce a "ground loop" which can pollute the streamer connected to the ER.
Is your Sotm cat 7 built to avoid this ground loop because people say "audiophile" cables are worse than better.

Your FARAD are 12 Volts for the afterdark and the ER?

thank you

4 minutes ago, LEO SOUND said:

Hello ,

I want to buy an Afterdark clock. I have two questions :

1 - The square wave is it a wise choice although other AfterDark clocks seem better

2- Is the Afterdark clock getting hot or cold? because it will be in a closed cabinet.

Hello! Leo Sound,

Thanks for your interested. We are please to answer as followings:

1. The square wave version is designed to work with UpTone EtherREGEN. The quality of OCXO 10M Clock is determined by Phase Noise and Allan Derivation. Therefore, the others model like Emperor Signature will have better performance when compared. 
  2. The AfterDark. Clock is not hot at the surface, we have applied heat isolation material on the OCXO clock, so it can maintain the constant temperature, this is a tweak for improve performances. It can placed in a closed cabinet. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

2 hours ago, LEO SOUND said:

Hello Ambre ,

I read that the ethernet cable can produce a "ground loop" which can pollute the streamer connected to the ER.
Is your Sotm cat 7 built to avoid this ground loop because people say "audiophile" cables are worse than better.

Your FARAD are 12 Volts for the afterdark and the ER?

thank you

The  dCBL-CAT7 of SOTM including its filter doesn't create ground loops and sound superior far beyond what I have heard from Audioquest and other brands.

Farad 9V as prescribed by Farad for EtherRegen and 12V for Afterdark Giesemann Double Crown. 

280775137_Schermafbeelding2021-03-27om13_59_52.thumb.png.789aff83bf7f29646f91b6b0ea3c9ca2.png

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Any more reviews of the Queen Square Wave SE for the Etherregen? I am currently stumped, wondering whether i should get the queen square wave SE or go for one of the emperor models... Maybe reading more reviews will help sway me one way or the other before the group buy thingie expires.

So more reviews of the Gieseman clock models would certainly be welcome, particularly, the Queen and the emperor series and comparisons between their levels of performance if possible.

5 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Any more reviews of the Queen Square Wave SE for the Etherregen? I am currently stumped, wondering whether i should get the queen square wave SE or go for one of the emperor models... Maybe reading more reviews will help sway me one way or the other before the group buy thingie expires.

So more reviews of the Gieseman clock models would certainly be welcome, particularly, the Queen and the emperor series and comparisons between their levels of performance if possible.

am also in this reflection.

@AfterDark.Can you confirm to us that the Square Wave version for Etherregen is a good choice and that the product is qualitative?

Have an interior visual of an Afterdark clock before I can make my decision to buy from you?

thank you in advance

9 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Really enjoying my Queen Square Wave,  though I've no doubt higher up the range would be better again.  Trying to convince myself it's unnecessary though if I do give in I'll likely get an Emperor Double Crown  :)

Could you kindly give some description of the difference it makes to the sound from the ER? What enhancements does the Queen Square Wave bring to the table?

24 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Could you kindly give some description of the difference it makes to the sound from the ER? What enhancements does the Queen Square Wave bring to the table?

I'm using mine with a Mutec MC-3+USB so can't really advise regarding the ER. I went with this one as Mutec seem to believe a square wave is best for audio.

12 hours ago, LEO SOUND said:

am also in this reflection.

@AfterDark.Can you confirm to us that the Square Wave version for Etherregen is a good choice and that the product is qualitative?

Have an interior visual of an Afterdark clock before I can make my decision to buy from you?

thank you in advance

Why doesn't Afterdark show the inside of its clock? do you have things to hide or is there a secret that should not be revealed?
it's funny this non-response.
Suddenly due to lack of transparency, I am not moving towards an  @AfterDark.

...some manufacturers supply photos of the inside of their products; some don't, for whatever reasons.

Sometimes we get the best look from gear reviewers. 

Personally, I'm not capable of determining the performance of a piece of gear from a photo.

Perhaps you can...and I mean that sincerely.

For me, I wouldn't care if there was a dead opossum inside, as long as it still sounded great (and didn't smell too much). 

Perhaps someone else can post a photo for you. Bueller? Anyone?

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

6 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...some manufacturers supply photos of the inside of their products; some don't, for whatever reasons.

Sometimes we get the best look from gear reviewers. 

Personally, I'm not capable of determining the performance of a piece of gear from a photo.

Perhaps you can...and I mean that sincerely.

For me, I wouldn't care if there was a dead opossum inside, as long as it still sounded great (and didn't smell too much). 

I understand well . I know a photo is not going to tell me the product provides a better SQ.
However, my request is normal as Afterdark supplies different clocks with different measurements. However, in the photos of the exterior, all have the same case, without mention of the model.
How can we then identify if we are receiving the correct clock, for example? it disturbs me at my level.

I would like to see the inside too.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

2 hours ago, MarkusBarkus said:

It’s strange no one has yet. Are they ashamed of what been purchased ?

1 hour ago, LEO SOUND said:

However, my request is normal as Afterdark supplies different clocks with different measurements.

Not to mention we like to understand if the clock is, or can be easily modified to 75 ohm, or directly connected to the BNC, bypassing possible “bad designed circuits”. 

And as we now know, the internal heat isolation may not be a good idea, and the extra cost is a wast of money and possible degradation of SQ. 

Further knowing what clocks being used and read their data sheets vs supplied measurements is helpful. 

There exist boards that do sine to square conversion. Understanding if such a modification can be done is interesting to. 

So AfterDark should definitely be more open about his design. (Well he isn’t the designer). 

(I’m purchasing the King now any minute). 

12 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

(I’m purchasing the King now any minute). 

Finally  that took long 😎😎😎 you will be very satisfied please order also the prescribed 50 Ohm cable Huhner ( very good) in combi with Cybershaft converter if you have a 75 Ohm Etherregen 

HAVE FUN 

Well I’ve order the 75 ohms version. Is anybody aware of a good splinter device? 
Thank you.

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

1 hour ago, soares said:

Well I’ve order the 75 ohms version. Is anybody aware of a good splinter device? 
Thank you.

Jorge

Look at Afterdark website a good one from Cybershaft 1=> 2 outputs 

35 minutes ago, ambre said:

Look at Afterdark website a good one from Cybershaft 1=> 2 outputs 

From what I understand this is just for 50 ohms. Tks.

Jorge

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

6 hours ago, soares said:

From what I understand this is just for 50 ohms. Tks.

Jorge

And a distributor for 50 or 75 ohms with 4 outputs also Cybershaft

11 hours ago, soares said:

Thank you.

Jorge

Just if didn’t know. 
Going from 50 to 75 is easy. Not so the other way. (So far). 

The anticipated great 50 ohm splitter is what you want. I’ve ordered it. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=ja&u=https://www.cybershaft.jp/option01/&prev=search&pto=aue

It requires you to use both side connected simultaneously. 

My bet is in the long term 50 ohm is best. Also John’s latest paper indicates it’s a none issue. 
(However he didn’t cover splitters). 
My thinking is less fiddling between the OCXO and the BNC is good for phase noise measurements. 

The 75 ohm version needs added circuits. Compared to the original 50 ohm versions offered. Something to think about ? 
I can’t prove it of cause. But if possible you could ask Adrian measurements before and after modifications. My bet is on 50 ohm is better. 

What version did you order ?

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Just if didn’t know. 
Going from 50 to 75 is easy. Not so the other way. (So far). 

The anticipated great 50 ohm splitter is what you want. I’ve ordered it. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=ja&u=https://www.cybershaft.jp/option01/&prev=search&pto=aue

It requires you to use both side connected simultaneously. 

My bet is in the long term 50 ohm is best. Also John’s latest paper indicates it’s a none issue. 
(However he didn’t cover splitters). 
My thinking is less fiddling between the OCXO and the BNC is good for phase noise measurements. 

The 75 ohm version needs added circuits. Compared to the original 50 ohm versions offered. Something to think about ? 
I can’t prove it of cause. But if possible you could ask Adrian measurements before and after modifications. My bet is on 50 ohm is better. 

What version did you order ?

The Emperor Giesemann.