IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Hello! 

We are delighted to receive some positive feedback for Giesemann Clock and BNC Clock cable. The improvement is quite impressive for audiophiles. 

10083256_Giesemannbnc.thumb.png.77e0f4ab52f54bc93262e4cd42b65f36.png

Overall.thumb.png.3e8f4dce3eb34120b28db734ba6e3087.png

Thanks everyone's support.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! 

We received a positive feedback using Giesemann Emperor Signature from Michael C. from Switzerland. 

Keep burning in for 4 days unit 35days to reach optimal stage. 

Have a nice day and enjoy "burn in" every day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1774736716_EmperorSignature.thumb.jpeg.38b531805f3810140d7064163f95878c.jpeg

1839218766_EmperorSignatureMichealSwiss.thumb.jpeg.34d47cccc1b101ad51c9ae229c239057.jpeg

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, jkenton said:

Based on Singxer SU-6 specs and configuration, there is a single 75 ohm BNC WCLK out on rear of unit. Therefore should one assume it is not possible to connect an After Dark 10 Mhz clock ( which can be done on Singxer SU-2) ?

Hi! Jeff, 

We have range of Singxer Collections, including the latest model for all audiophilestyle.com user. Group buy is possible if anyone interested in Singxer SU-2 (with 10M Master Clock input) or Singxer SU-6 all in one Femto clock (without 10M Master Clock input bypass) . 

Singxer product is sold out every weeks with high demends, the Giesemann Clock Trifecta works really well with Singxer, it is quite amazing to hear. 

174227581_thumbnail_ReGiesemannEvaOCXOTripleOutput.thumb.png.ef9d0a8bc69a14a0eb72b28f41a6dd14.png

644739202_Screenshot2021-08-24at6_45_19PM.thumb.png.aebfc9608d92e918601410ce53bd1864.png

26 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Jeff, 

We have range of Singxer Collections, including the latest model for all audiophilestyle.com user. Group buy is possible if anyone interested in Singxer SU-2 (with 10M Master Clock input) or Singxer SU-6 all in one Femto clock (without 10M Master Clock input bypass) . 

Singxer product is sold out every weeks with high demends, the Giesemann Clock Trifecta works really well with Singxer, it is quite amazing to hear. 

174227581_thumbnail_ReGiesemannEvaOCXOTripleOutput.thumb.png.ef9d0a8bc69a14a0eb72b28f41a6dd14.png

644739202_Screenshot2021-08-24at6_45_19PM.thumb.png.aebfc9608d92e918601410ce53bd1864.png

Hi,

I realised yesterday that i cant clock my moded by ghent audio singxer su1,and all my plan is messed out.

I was thinking to clock both su1 and ER with one of your clock.

I was thinking the EDC with 3 output but a member here suggested i go one AD clock with y splitter for both.

Anyway now i m screwed and i need to replan.

The su1 is powered by dxp and one ps,and it is good,but i still feel theres a layer or 2 of resolution  wich can be cleared.

A friend suggested the audiowise src dx for usb conversion,and then i will add one of your giesmann clock.

The other choice is su2 + AD Giesmann CLOCK.

Can you please help me move into the right directiin and choose wich clock is the best bang for the buck.

I used before your top of the range bnc clock cable ,very good but sold to a friend.

Also,still confused wich model i need 75 or 50 ohm for my normal ER.

THKS

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 8:35 AM, GryphonGuy said:

Agreed that there is no NEED. BUT and its a big but, the resulting sound quality it literally delivers is extremely if not most desirable.

Regards

GG

Hi GG,

Somehow missed your post 6 mths ago ...

I concur the positive impact with ER with wifi in MY system ... I am running my home with AirTies wire mesh and one node is dedicated to to my music system for internet music. My playback of music files is from internal 2x4tb ssd in my Antipodes cx while my 10TBx2 Synology NAS is powered off for backup only.

Without the ER between the mesh node, it is veiled in comparison ... I also had the AD double crown oxco clock to bypass the ER's femto clock. 

The Antipodes cx and ex just came back after the recent Oladra upgrade and I have now a 2nd ER without the AD clock before the cx to have the 1st ER with the AD clock between the cx and ex. This as recommended by Uptone to have ER nearest to my Terminator Plus dac which also benefit the SSD playback in comparison until I decides to get the 2nd AD clock or shoot a used Mutec Ref 10 or 120se.

Yes, ER especially with AD clock improves wifi streaming in MY system without a doubt. Incidentally, I have the 25m Supra Cat 8 cable in the cardboard since against the norm, it sounded worse than the Airties mesh node which I did modded its single cap with Panasonic FM while having it as well as master node and router on lps.

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

On 4/10/2021 at 7:35 PM, DSK6 said:

Unfortunately I can’t tell you which component made the biggest difference but I’m not about to start messing with it now. I really can’t see how replacing the EtherREGEN’s SMPS with a good LPS could improve things further … but … 

I kept to using the small stock smps for the following reasons:

1. Current sound quality improvement after 2x ER and 1x AD double crown clock suffices

2. Avoid more $ spent, including associated dc cables

3. Lack of space, including associated cables

4. Uptone's position that stock smps is fine

5. Not knowledgeable enough on concern of common ground, breaking moat 

6. Keep limited $ for next hardware or technology breakthru at cost within my budget e.g. ER, AD clock, Oladra upgrade for my Antipodes

Cheers.

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

Hi R1200CL,

My ERs are standard 75 ohm ones and this splitter thingy is 50ohm needing further convertor (s).  

Been reading nicely shared info here on impedence mismatch, sine clock signal not affected, breaking of moat being not isolated etc. etc. as well as eventual preference for 2 units by someone who tried.

However, I am frankly confused often while knowing it just cannot be better or worse still negatively affecting the 2nd ER between the Antipode ex player and cx server if I do try using splitter and converter with more cabling ... I will just take it that I have 1 ER with AD clock before the ex player as recommended but there is no doubt on the significant improvement from having them.

Cheers.

Richard

10 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

I kept to using the small stock smps for the following reasons:

1. Current sound quality improvement after 2x ER and 1x AD double crown clock suffices

2. Avoid more $ spent, including associated dc cables

3. Lack of space, including associated cables

4. Uptone's position that stock smps is fine

5. Not knowledgeable enough on concern of common ground, breaking moat 

6. Keep limited $ for next hardware or technology breakthru at cost within my budget e.g. ER, AD clock, Oladra upgrade for my Antipodes

Cheers.

I have the same as you, namely 2x ER + 1x afterdark (giesemann EVA) clock. After a while use the Uptone SMPS which was very good on the ER, replaced everything with Farad super3 with level2 copper cables and the improvement is significant

Hi Richard and John,

Maybe this is not the correct forum but do you please can comment on what the ER add between the CX and EX? That will be a very interesting information for me and maybe others members. I am using the S40/S60 + EX with a Sablon ethernet cable (2021) between them. Adding a SOTM ISO-CAT 6 change the presentation but not for better, in my case, the organic sound of this combo gone.

I am also burning (5 days now) an AfterDark clock (the less expansive one) and so far my impressions are very positive.  I always prefer the Antipodes combo (through USB) due to it organic sound compared to the DCS Bartok internal streamer (using Mosaic) which have much more impact, dynamic, bass control (that I like) but more aggressive at high frequency that I don't like. With the ER+AfterDark clock everything changed. Now the Bartok have have the same dynamic, better bass control but now, much more organic sound. I been listing to the Bartok alone for the last two days and it sound amazing.   

Regards

Carlos

46 minutes ago, Carlos E said:

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your time in sharing your experience. I really appreciate that and I will do some tests myself. I believe that AD also have a three clock outputs unit but I don't remember how it compare to the Mutec unit in price $.

Regards

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

The 3 clock output of double crown level is about HK21k or about usd2.7k which is pushing towards price of an used mutec ref10 (new@usd5k rrp) which arguably will have more resale value ...and its more elaborate functionalities.

The Giesemann eva level is about usdk which I have no idea how it compares with the mutec ref10.

Hence mentioned dilemma especially when I dun really have the need for a 3rd output and having the ER+AD between cx and ex is more critical going by Uptone's advice.

Please share your finding when available.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: Do consider the oladra upgrade as it is time limited .. or rid of the cx+ex as their values had dropped obviously with K50 ... I was also in that dilemma but bit the bullet as blue led was day 1 wish after getting them

Screenshot_20210908-011002_Chrome.jpg

MUTEC_REF_10_infographic_phasenoise-1024x729.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-014056_Chrome.jpg

Hi R1200CL,

Because I want the cx server to benefit from 1x ER and I am not a believer of cascading 2X ERs 🙏

Cheers.

Richard

22 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Carlos,

The 3 clock output of double crown level is about HK21k or about usd2.7k which is pushing towards price of an used mutec ref10 (new@usd5k rrp) which arguably will have more resale value ...and its more elaborate functionalities.

The Giesemann eva level is about usdk which I have no idea how it compares with the mutec ref10.

Hence mentioned dilemma especially when I dun really have the need for a 3rd output and having the ER+AD between cx and ex is more critical going by Uptone's advice.

Please share your finding when available.

Cheers.

Richard

PS: Do consider the oladra upgrade as it is time limited .. or rid of the cx+ex as their values had dropped obviously with K50 ... I was also in that dilemma but bit the bullet as blue led was day 1 wish after getting them

Screenshot_20210908-011002_Chrome.jpg

MUTEC_REF_10_infographic_phasenoise-1024x729.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-014056_Chrome.jpg

For completeness, the phase noise specific of  Mutec Ref10 120se.

20210908_233744.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

We have some positive feedback for Queen Square Wave SE today. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

BE217A33-13FC-461A-B4E3-E7F8988A5630.thumb.jpeg.0cba31fd77a5602890f07a2f3521c354.jpeg

You will make their new owner a happy man !

I have my ER with AD double crown between my olandra Antipodes cx and ex and just added a cheap China BG7BTL with Oscilloscope Inc clock to the other ER before the Antipodes cx 2 days ago ... my system never sounded as good as it does now.

Will be great if you can list the $ for each component and this total package here .. I may be tempted to grab them 😅

Cheers.