IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

On 9/23/2021 at 1:22 PM, richard_crl032 said:

You will make their new owner a happy man !

I have my ER with AD double crown between my olandra Antipodes cx and ex and just added a cheap China BG7BTL with Oscilloscope Inc clock to the other ER before the Antipodes cx 2 days ago ... my system never sounded as good as it does now.

Will be great if you can list the $ for each component and this total package here .. I may be tempted to grab them 😅

Cheers.

Hi Richard,

if sending it to Singapore won't be too much hassle here the prices:

Emperor double crown clock 10Mhz 75 Ohm 1250.- 12V LPS for it 120.- Better LPS for High current 12V 5A 330.- EtherRegen 450.- Clock cable BNC 270.- 3 minicircuits 100.- all from AfterDark 100.-

All pretty new a few months young

Best

Mouna

2 hours ago, Mouna said:

Hi Richard,

if sending it to Singapore won't be too much hassle here the prices:

Emperor double crown clock 10Mhz 75 Ohm 1250.- 12V LPS for it 120.- Better LPS for High current 12V 5A 330.- EtherRegen 450.- Clock cable BNC 270.- 3 minicircuits 100.- all from AfterDark 100.-

All pretty new a few months young

Best

Mouna

EtherRegen is sold!

Hi Mouna,

Thanks for reaching out to me with offers 🙏

Will stay with existing to keep limited funds for other improvement projects.

Thanks again and glad you had sold your ER ...

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

10 minutes ago, Mouna said:

Hi Adrian - what happens with the guaranty when one of your items is sold to someone  - will the next owner have the same rest of the guaranty?

Best

Mouna

Hi! Mouna,

The warranty is transferable to new owner, Please kindly keep the invoice number of last purchase order, we can check them at the online system. 

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

We have some official reviews form Audiophiles in USA. 😀

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/network-project: the-anatomy-of-a-network-system-by-moreno-mitchelll/

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

We are delight to have return customers to upgrade for Emperor Signature. The music is just so smooth with Giesemann Clock, we hopes good music keep goes on everyday. 🙂

1837606918_ESFeedback14OCT21.thumb.jpg.d235e67c52117897a5ca87cd92e24a2a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used Emperor Signature with an Afterdark power supply included. It has been on for 3 days straight and I have an Afterdark clock cable. Not sure but after seeing all the glowing reviews I wonder if mine is faulty. The dc cable connectors are pretty loose going into the clock box.  I feel I have gone step back after putting into the external mode to the ethergen. Is it because I haven't given it enough time yet? I hope so.

1 hour ago, TRIODE4 said:

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a used Emperor Signature with an Afterdark power supply included. It has been on for 3 days straight and I have an Afterdark clock cable. Not sure but after seeing all the glowing reviews I wonder if mine is faulty. The dc cable connectors are pretty loose going into the clock box.  I feel I have gone step back after putting into the external mode to the ethergen. Is it because I haven't given it enough time yet? I hope so.

Similar experience with me. I have a nice system optimized with LPS, isolation transformers, and reference quality pieces. I bought the afterdark clock based on reviews as well. I’m sure many people are enjoying their unit but it did absolutely nothin for me.

I can’t really comment on the performance with the EtherREGEN though paired with an LPS modified Mutec MC3+USB the improvement was very noticeable. Running Farad Super3 LPS for both the Mutec and AfterDark Emperor Double Crown, Level 2 copper DC umbilicals and Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme3 silver/gold fuses.

I never bothered with the EtherREGEN as I believe the Renolabs Ultimate Audio Switch it’s just better value with its inbuilt LPS, galvanic isolation of all RJ45 ports and 25Mhz OCXO clock. Especially when purchased on sale. That too made a noticeable improvement across every streamer in the house, audio and video was improved.

I’ve never seen Adrian remove negative comments though I’ve seen similar said of Tortuga which was a false statement. 

1 hour ago, TRIODE4 said:

I have no experience with the Afterdark clocks (mine is a Cybershaft), but these kind of clocks take 30 days to stabilize (never turning it off) and the clock cable makes a difference.  That said, I did notice an improvement within one week of adding the Cybershaft.  

Once stabilized, which made a large improvement from the first week, experimenting with clock cables can yield real benefits.  It is also important to ensure that the clock is on a very stable surface and it may benefit from different footers.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I found that the clock cable that comes with the Afterdark clocks is music enough, but lacks detail compared with what I'm running now. The ebst I've used is my current cable custom made by Aurealis Audio using Duelund pure silver cotton covered oil impregnated silver wire, in a foamed teflon tube, with conductive carbon shield over the top of that, and a copper shield over that (double shielded) and silver plated 75ohm BNC connectors. It brought real improvements in detail and insight without losing musicality as my previous Tchernov Special did.

I really think it's best to look at the cables the clock comes with as a starter cable. Good enough to use until you get something better. Smooth and musical but lacks detail and insight compared to better cables. I even found cables using vintage Western Electric copper out of power leads significantly better than the stock cable.... The Tchernov Special was more detailed but more Hi-Fi'ish. The Afterdark cable is more enjoyable than the Tchernov.

7 hours ago, TRIODE4 said:

Hi, I have the afterdark double crown to the ER powered by stock uptone smps and using a cheaply apogee wyde eye clock cable with a cheaply mic zerozone lps ... it sounds great between my antipodes ex and cx.

Give it at least 1 week and Afterdark has listed time duration and subjective 100% till 30 days.

I have another cheap MIC oxco clock to the ER before the cx and done many plugging in and out for stock internal femto clock and this MIC oxco clock and obvious preference with the external one.

Hope you had not broken the moat which I find the most critical but complex in my dual ERs setup.

Then again, yymv on subjective improvement which is also system and person dependent.

Wish you hear improvement in due time .. cheers.

20211105_135045.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

Hi! 

We agreed the BNC clock cable is very sensitive to quality Giesesman Clock. Some clock cable has strong character, some cable we found them very smooth and balanced. It is always good to tune with cable, depends on audiophile system and setting. There is no harm to use studio cable like Apogge, Mogami or the Belden stock BNC cable, comes with each Giesemann Clock. They are very natural with no coloring on sound. 

The upgrade path for customer will be BNC Cables first, as they will remove the bottleneck for Emperor Grade Giesemann Clock. 

Have a good fun with different BNC Cables. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1278764287_ReClockupgradefromQueen.thumb.png.ee8ab1a52a97712f9e6457d6d4def9de.png