IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

1 hour ago, Mjw21a said:

Just plugged it in and turned it on...

Have a look at last pages of manual maybe interesting 😄

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

53 minutes ago, ambre said:

Have a look at last pages of manual maybe interesting 😄

I believe you are referring to the following: 

The sequence to utilize an external reference clock with the 
EtherREGEN is:
1) Remove DC power from the EtherREGEN.
2) Set the CLOCK INT/EXT switch to the EXT position.
3) Connect a BNC clock cable from a 10MHz reference clock.
4) Power on the reference clock.
5) Apply DC power to the EtherREGEN.

I'm using with my Mutec MC-3+USB. I don't have an EtherREGEN nor so I don't see how that's relevant to me. I set it up, turned it on and switched to External and Reclock on the Mutec. It was about even with the Mutec initially and has continued to improve.

My home network is all dual band 802.11ax mesh (Xiaomi AX3600's) in my house with the only wired connection being my file server. Not ideal but it's what I have and fast enough for home use. No need for the EtherREGEN in this environment.

I'm installing a Firewalla Gold soon as there seems to be plenty of traffic between the Xiaomi routers and Xiaomi servers and I want greater control over my network. I've concerns about security with the Xiaomi gear.

4 hours ago, nichino said:

I believe you are referring to the following: 

The sequence to utilize an external reference clock with the 
EtherREGEN is:
1) Remove DC power from the EtherREGEN.
2) Set the CLOCK INT/EXT switch to the EXT position.
3) Connect a BNC clock cable from a 10MHz reference clock.
4) Power on the reference clock.
5) Apply DC power to the EtherREGEN.

The manual of the Mutec mc3 that you were referring to.😎

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

13 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

I'm using with my Mutec MC-3+USB. I don't have an EtherREGEN nor so I don't see how that's relevant to me. I set it up, turned it on and switched to External and Reclock on the Mutec. It was about even with the Mutec initially and has continued to improve.

My home network is all dual band 802.11ax mesh (Xiaomi AX3600's) in my house with the only wired connection being my file server. Not ideal but it's what I have and fast enough for home use. No need for the EtherREGEN in this environment.

I'm installing a Firewalla Gold soon as there seems to be plenty of traffic between the Xiaomi routers and Xiaomi servers and I want greater control over my network. I've concerns about security with the Xiaomi gear.

Once you try a cable instead of Wi-Fi on your network for audio transmission, the difference is usually chalk and cheese in a good way and then the EtherREGEN takes that difference and enlarges it to sublime (for most people).

That Xiaomi "chatter" is probably phoning-home to China with your data. (Joke!)

Regards

GG

50 minutes ago, GryphonGuy said:

Once you try a cable instead of Wi-Fi on your network for audio transmission, the difference is usually chalk and cheese in a good way and then the EtherREGEN takes that difference and enlarges it to sublime (for most people).

That Xiaomi "chatter" is probably phoning-home to China with your data. (Joke!)

Regards

GG

I would do so however rewiring a home with a concrete slab just for this simply doesn't make sense financially. If it were just a case of getting under the house ro run cables I'd have done it myself.

Yeah, I know you're joking however with the volume of data it's a very real concern for me that some information gathering is going on and being sent home considering the government involvement in most Chinese companies.  The Firewalla Gold should take care of that nicely  :)

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Can you tell us more about your setup ?

I assume you must have a WiFi receiver unless you’re using a wireless streamer ?

I've a Xiaomi AX3600 connected to a 1gbps internet connection (fibre to the premises) with my Synology DS216 NAS and upstairs a second Xiaomi AX3600 connected to my media PC with Roon Server installed on my main system via RJ45.

I'm currently doing a build to replace the NAS with a Ryzen 1700Pro based file server running Ubuntu Desktop, 3x 4TB 7200RPM NAS drives and a 1TB M2 SSD, 16GB RAM.

I'm planning to move my Roon Server to the file server which should bring a nice improvement.

The media PC in my main system is connected to the Mutec MC-3+USB via a short 50cm USB cable, and a pure silver solid core tripple shielded SPDIF cable from the Mutec to my Abbas Audio DAC2.2SE TDA1541A R1. The Afterdark "Queen" 75ohm Square Wave OCXO clock is plugged into the Mutec via its stock cable.

My main system runs an LDR based passive pre into two separate power amps. A Pass Aleph-M for the fullrange and tweeters (101db average efficiency) and Crown XLS1002 for the 15" woofers (91db efficient) in my DIY open baffle speakers.

I also run a TeraDak Raspberry Pi based Roon Bridge in my second system attached via RJ45 to a Xiaomi AX1800, which is in turn hooked up to a NOS Phillips TDA1540D based (14 bit) DAC. I've already been down the hi res path and found for me at least,  these old 14 and 16 bit DAC chips sound better on the majority of content for me. Especially the Abbas DAC.

The second system is running Pass Amp Camp Amp into crossover rebuilt 97db efficient Oatlon W2-1000F speakers.

The Xiaomi routers are all configured in a wireless mesh.

I already have the Firewalla Gold ordered and paid for.  I look forward to setting that up.

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@Mjw21a

I think I’m getting your point of no need for an EtherRegen 😀

Yes, a bit pointless without an expensive rewire of the house.

We've a nice, fast internet connection though everything within the house is connected by a wireless mesh with audio connected systems connected via RJ45 to those mesh devices.

Who knows,  we've some house renovations on the cards. Might not be too difficult to run a cable from the garage to the living room. ;)

29 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

What do you think ?

I think it’s very nice someone is willing to be the guinea pig for such a mysterious product 😀

Without people like you we wouldn’t add progress to this never ending hobby of chasing better SQ. 

Looking forward to report. At lest no burn in is required 😂

That name of that product makes it hard to google. 

My tungsten block coming soon. I don’t expect to hear a difference, but it can’t be worse either. 
Have so much to test now. Second opticalModule (haven’t even tested the first one). A SU-2. Mikrotik switch. 
SFP+ modules to be ordered. Consider a second 50 ohm clock for the SU-2. 

Some positive feedbacks from Giesemann Clock - Queen Square Wave 75ohm Special Edition for EtherREGEN. 

1965433656_thumbnail_ReThankyou.thumb.png.6cb393f7b4e857b94146de5f06941b9b.png

1402476984_thumbnail_Screenshot2021-03-27at9_35_29AM.thumb.png.52d4decd2932a6be1b7c389e6af481c7.png

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

2 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

Mmm, yes I'm considering the Emperor Double Crown now also.....

Hi! Mjw21a,

The Giesemann Emperor Double Crown is another levels when compared and we receive a lot of demands for this model for some reasons.

The version above is very limited supply, so it is good to reserve one if possible. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

5 hours ago, JonD said:

Well I am waiting for my Emperor Giesemann EVA which will be powered by a Farad Super3 and plugged into an EtherREGEN, which in turn will feed a dCS Bartok.

I am sure its going to be an awesome combo and I am looking forward to receiving my clock.

I am interested in the cascade Buffalo GS2016 custom switch, which if the reviews are good, will be on my list of things to acquire 😄

Really pleased i discovered AfterDark, its a fantastic company for us audiophiles 👍

Hi! JonD,

We have some positive feedback for the cascade Buffalo GS2016 x Giesemann Clock.

The Emperor Giesesmann EVA is on schedule to tuning for best performance this week, and ready to be ship next week. We are quite excited with Farad Super3 too. AfterDark. are becoming authorised dealer for all Farad product next month, and we will power our Giesemann Clock, cascade Buffalo Switches, Roon Network Bridge, Mutec MC3-USB with their Farad Super3 next month. 

The Giesemann Clock will achieve better phase noise performance with Farad Super3, so we are really excited. 

1740847900_Screenshot2021-03-27at10_33_27AM.thumb.png.daea7626798f609eec19b07682bd83ca.png

1225924682_thumbnail_Receivedshortquestion(1).thumb.png.ba788343eb8340fdbc932465ee532510.png

1754230028_Screenshot2021-03-27at10_20_59AM.thumb.png.477da80e30cfe273c52f13ab0008f5d7.png

Thanks for the update Adrian, appreciate you taking the time; and I am looking forward to receiving the clock when its ready.

Congratulations on becoming a Farad dealer, this is great news as well. I think the Super3 will be very well suited to AfterDark products. I can see a few more of these LPSUs in my future 😄