IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Here ?

https://duelundaudio.com/cable/

But I am a believer that it is all about matching including tuning by ear and it is still only to AD's demo system if done at all.

Some swears by Mundorf silver/gold dc cable but ghentaudio's are fine for me ... I prefer to spend on technologies not tried e.g. external higher quality AD clock, ER etc. and 

Cheers and enjoy !

Screenshot_20210614-045001_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-045741_eBay.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

Funnily enough I see soft annealed silver for the wiring between DC plug and the power pins in my Mutec MC-3+USB mod (for the Super Fared 3).

Afterdark seems to use materials in line with what I'd use myself so I've no complaints there. I certainly agree with soldering the wire directly to the board thereby losing a contact. Likewise a plug is handy for flexibility. I think what Afterdark is doing will suit the vast majority of potential buyers just fine :)

Next I'll add 75ohm termination plugs to my Mutec and source a Tortech balanced studio power supply to go after my Furman AC210 AE.  :)

18 hours ago, R1200CL said:

“Because of this slight increase in phase noise when going from B to A, if you use a REALLY good external clock (such as a Ref10), you will only get the advantage of such a clock when connecting the B side to the streamer.”

Thanks for the detailed explanation and recommendation.

I will read more about the subject before buying an external clock...

On 6/14/2021 at 6:10 AM, Mjw21a said:

Funnily enough I see soft annealed silver for the wiring between DC plug and the power pins in my Mutec MC-3+USB mod (for the Super Fared 3).

Afterdark seems to use materials in line with what I'd use myself so I've no complaints there. I certainly agree with soldering the wire directly to the board thereby losing a contact. Likewise a plug is handy for flexibility. I think what Afterdark is doing will suit the vast majority of potential buyers just fine :)

Next I'll add 75ohm termination plugs to my Mutec and source a Tortech balanced studio power supply to go after my Furman AC210 AE.  :)

Hmmh .... 0.4mm for 1A before melting i.e. Afterdark clock <<1.0A ?

Frankly do not like how fragile 0.4mm is and may just change to same dueland 0.8mm one ... any concern on detrimental effect to performance if soldered right ?

Cheers.

Screenshot_20210615-205547_OneDrive.jpg

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

5 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hmmh .... 0.4mm for 1A before melting i.e. Afterdark clock <<1.0A ?

Frankly do not like how fragile 0.4mm is and may just change to same dueland 0.8mm one ... any concern on detrimental effect to performance if soldered right ?

Cheers.

Screenshot_20210615-205547_OneDrive.jpg

Hi Richard,

We have 0.8mm in stock, but the sounding is not as good as 0.4mm one. May be due to Giesemann clock only consume 0.6A. So it sound the better when compared, a little fragile that is true.

I hope you enjoy the burn in process, it will get better abs better.

Have a nice evening.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

30 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi Richard,

We have 0.8mm in stock, but the sounding is not as good as 0.4mm one. May be due to Giesemann clock only consume 0.6A. So it sound the better when compared, a little fragile that is true.

I hope you enjoy the burn in process, it will get better abs better.

Have a nice evening.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Hey Adrian,

Tks tks for the advice 🙏

Will not touch my Emperor double crown clock with certainty then ... 

Cheers.

Richard

Sorry if this has been covered already, if it has please direct me to where.

Ethernet for audio can result in duplication of power supplies and power cables, multiple ethernet, fibre and clock cables (& ground cables too) and multiple boxes and their footers. And then there is the art of locating and cable routing and balancing all their effects on sound quality. Quite messy really.

In order to rationalise/simplify, is it possible to use one power source for 3 ethernet switches (or 2 switches + router) and one clock module (https://www.adark.co/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-clock-goc-module) and to connect that module directly to EtherRegen (and thus eliminate external clock cable and its influence on sound quality)?  This would be:

1 power conditioner outlet

1 power cable

1 power supply

1 clock module

(1 isolated ground)

3 ethernet switches

0 clock cables (except direct connections)

Ideally 1 chassis, 1 set of footers, and 1 space of the audio rack real estate.

Also, has anyone compared these:

A.  2 x ERs -v- 1 ER with external clock.

B.  1 ER with external clock -v- 2 ERs both with external clock/s.

In other words, 

A.  Is 1 ER with good external clock better than daisy chaining 2 ERs without external clocks?  Or put another way, which is better value expense, 1 x external clock or a 2nd ER?

And

B.  Does adding an external clock to 1 ER eliminate benefit of daisy chaining 2 x ERs, even if they both have external clocks?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi afterdark,

I would like to go with your gisemann clock,to clock my ER and my singxer su1 converter.

I want also 2 premium bnc cables( i bought one from you already).

My Er is the normal version.

I prefer one clock with built in lps with 2  clock outputs .

According to you wich is the best option price/ perf.

I tried looking on your website i got lost.

We chatted before on whatsup but i lost your number,i trust your expertise.

Thks

13 minutes ago, sakso136 said:

Hi afterdark,

I would like to go with your gisemann clock,to clock my ER and my singxer su1 converter.

Thks

Hi Sakso136,

Thanks for your questions. We just check the specification for Singxer SU1 Convertor can accept 10M Master Clock in 75ohms. ER normal version is on 75ohms as well. 

We have one products called Trifecta Ultra Edition, which has triple 10M outputs at 75ohm. 

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-10mhz-x-triple-integrals-integrated

This model becomes very demand, as we have more devices which can accepting 10M Master Clock.

IMG_3258_2048x.jpg?v=1611711970

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

14 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi Sakso136,

Thanks for your questions. We just check the specification for Singxer SU1 Convertor can accept 10M Master Clock in 75ohms. ER normal version is on 75ohms as well. 

We have one products called Trifecta Ultra Edition, which has triple 10M outputs at 75ohm. 

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-project-clayx-giesemann-ocxo-10mhz-x-triple-integrals-integrated

This model becomes very demand, as we have more devices which can accepting 10M Master Clock.

IMG_3258_2048x.jpg?v=1611711970

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Hi thks,

The trifecta comes with different names/ models.

Wich one is the best/ price performance.

Thks

56 minutes ago, sakso136 said:

Hi thks,

The trifecta comes with different names/ models.

Wich one is the best/ price performance.

Thks

Hi! Sakso136,

The Trifecta - Emperor Double Crown is the best seller and best / price performance ratio. The SU-1 and ER is worth to have EDC. 

Thanks 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

The Singxer SU1  has a clock output:

SU-1digital interface is our team develop a highperformance USB digital audiointerface, using the  XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chip. SU1 is theindependent development low jitter clock digital

system interface (CRYSTEKCCHD-575). SU-1 digital interface using standard USB2.0 input interface,

while SU-1 has many output interfaces, including XLR Balanced Output AES, coaxial RCAand BNC,

using HDMI socket output I2S port, WCLK /MCLK clock output.

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Sakso136,

The Trifecta - Emperor Double Crown is the best seller and best / price performance ratio. The SU-1 and ER is worth to have EDC. 

Thanks 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thks.

What clock cabke you suggest with edc? Same blue bnc clock cable?

24 minutes ago, panhead said:

The Singxer SU1  has a clock output:

SU-1digital interface is our team develop a highperformance USB digital audiointerface, using the  XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chip. SU1 is theindependent development low jitter clock digital

system interface (CRYSTEKCCHD-575). SU-1 digital interface using standard USB2.0 input interface,

while SU-1 has many output interfaces, including XLR Balanced Output AES, coaxial RCAand BNC,

I dont understand what you mean?

Can you precise please..

My su1 was modded by ghent audio in order to be used with external lps 5v.

Here is a quote of specs for SU6:

• Electrical standards for each interface:
    • USB power supply range is 4.5 V - 5.1 V
    • DC Input is 7.5 V - 9 V
    • BNC interface and RCA interface level is 550 mV with the output impedance of 75 ohms
    • XLR interface output standard AES / EBU signal level is 3.3 V and the¬†output impedance is 10 ohms
    • World Clock output level is TTL and the output impedance of 75 ohms
    • RJ45-I2S output I2S signal is CMOS (5V)
    • Optical fiber port outputs the standard optical signal
1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

SU-2 has 10 MHz 50ohm clock input. Works great with AfterDark clock. 

Interesting and different from other versions.    Original post was asking about clock input for SU-1   hence my reference to the specs from the site.

5 hours ago, sakso136 said:

Hi afterdark,

Thks

This is direct quote from the Singxer website.    I dont think any one should buy equipment that will not help with their device.

Hi! 

We shall provide the list of compatible device as below for references:

• ESOTERIC Grandioso K1X, K1, P1X, P1X, P1, D1X, D1, K-01Xs, K-01X, K-01, K-03Xs, K-03X, K-03, K-05Xs, K-05X, K -05, K-07Xs, K-07X, K-07, D-02X, D-02, D-05X, D-07X, P-021, P-02X ,, N-01XD, N-01, N- 03T, N-05, G-0, G-0s, G-0Rb, G-02, G-03X, G-25U,
  • TASCAM CG1000 
  • dCS Vivaldi clock, Paganini clock, Scarlatti Clock 
  • MUTEC iCLOCK, MC-3 + , MC-3 + USB
  • Antelope Audio Isochrone OCX HD, OCX-V, OCX, TRINITY, PURE2
  • BRAINSTORM DCD-8
  • Phaseteck HD-7A
  • Phasemation HD-7A192
  • SFORZATO DSP-01, DSP-Vera, DSP-Dorado , DSP-Pavo, DST-01, DSP-03, DSP-05
  • TEAC UD-503, UD-505, NT-503, NT-505
  • SPEC RMP-X1 / Sound Warrior SWD-CL10 / TechDAS D-7, D7i / RATOC RAL-DSDHA2 / M2TECH EVO DAC TWO PLUS, HIFACE EVO TWO 
  • CH Precision C1,D1 
  • aurender W20
  • soulnote D-2, S-3 
  • SOtM sMS-200ultra, tX-USBultra, SOtM sNH-10G (all require master clock input function) 
  • SHENZHENAUDIO GUSTARD U16, Singher SU-2
  • iFi Audio Pro iDSD
  • UpTone Audio EtherREGEN
  • Gustard X26Pro MQA ES9038PRO DAC 
  • Audio Gd DI-20HE, DI-20, R-7HE (version 2020), R-7 (version 2020) 

Thanks everyone's information and clarification. 

Hava a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.