IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

17 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

Only if it's ok with you thanks Adrian. It's my own fault after all.

I'm just really looking forward to receiving my clock. It's still waiting for a flight though if I'm lucky maybe next week. :)

Cheers 

Matt 

Hi! Matt,

Thank for joining the audiophilestyle.com group buy, the cash coupon was issued. 

We just check with the tracking, the Giesemann Clock is on the way next week.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

On 2/6/2021 at 12:10 PM, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Mike, 

Thanks for your interest on Giesemann OCXO Clock. Using the good power supply (Sean Jacobs) can always improve the sounding for the 10M Master Clock. 

For the question above, we have answer for:

1) The flagship version called Giesemann & Giesemann EVA. This model is new developed and in very limited supply. Their phase noise and Allan Derivation is approaching the -120 dBC@1Hz and -143 dBC@10Hz. 

2) The square wave is converted from sine wave

3) This version can be tailor made as per your request. For the Ohm matching between 50ohm and 75ohm, we have matching adaptor which can turn the EtherREGEN from 75ohm to 50ohm. 

4) The AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX GIESEMANN BNC 50OHM CLOCK CABLE can tailor made to 0.2m/0.3/0.5m/1.0m as per requested. 

We certainly can arrange a group buy for member of audiophilestyle.com, we are thinking of two models at the moments. 

Thanks for your questions. 

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Awesome, thanks so much Adrian. It's actually worked out really well as I'm in the office (where it's posting to) next week.  :)

35 minutes ago, magnuska said:

Hi Adrian @AfterDark.. I have had my clock installed for about 2 days now and I am so far very impressed by the improvements made. And this with " only" the square queen version. Relatively cheap if one compared to the top choice. I wonder how much in SQ differs between them? There must be some sweet spot between price and actual SQ improvement. 

Is the only difference between the different levels just the measurements or is there also hardware differences? 

Hi! Magnuska,

Thanks for your sharing, we are really appreciated you love Giesemann Clock and impressed with the improvement made. The Emperor Double Crown is the sweet spot between price and actual SQ improvement. The improvement compared with Queen will be huge. 

P.S. Keep burn in for 7 days until 35 days, we are quite confidence the improvement will surprise you. 

We received one customer feedback of flagship Giesemann EVA to connect Mutec MC-3+ USB:

Adrian...
thank you for your wonderful Masterclock development. All of your claims have become true. Sound is more analogue, more detailed, more micro details, more depth, more body... just wonderful. I am absolutely in love with this nice piece of equipment.
Thank you for your work.
UNQUOTE 

Thanks again and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

30 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Magnuska,

Thanks for your sharing, we are really appreciated you love Giesemann Clock and impressed with the improvement made. The Emperor Double Crown is the sweet spot between price and actual SQ improvement. The improvement compared with Queen will be huge. 

P.S. Keep burn in for 7 days until 35 days, we are quite confidence the improvement will surprise you. 

We received one customer feedback of flagship Giesemann EVA to connect Mutec MC-3+ USB:

Adrian...
thank you for your wonderful Masterclock development. All of your claims have become true. Sound is more analogue, more detailed, more micro details, more depth, more body... just wonderful. I am absolutely in love with this nice piece of equipment.
Thank you for your work.
UNQUOTE 

Thanks again and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thank you - have not yet tried the Pioneer CD-ripper you sent me. Should be exciting too. It looks very sturdy.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

Damn.... Looks like I may be saving for an Emperor Double Crown in the not too distant future. Is it available in 75ohm square wave?

In the meantime once mine comes in I'll enjoy it a few months at least while I save towards the higher end unit  ;)

Cheers

Matt

1 hour ago, magnuska said:

Ha ha yes its tempting. But on the other hand, there are always other areas in a setup that can be improved. That´s of course very personal how and where one prioritize.😀

Actually,  I've mostly exhausted areas to improve my system.  I'm down to getting better power cables and trying things like OCXO clocks. Even without the clock it sounds quite spectacular so I'm particularly interested to see what this does.

I've been shocked by just how much difference a certain power cable out of China has made. The difference is up there with swapping RCA interconnects for better. Completely unexpected.  I'm now in the process of changing all the power cables in my two main systems.  ;)

Yeah, I know. Power cables right? I won't hold it against you if you think I'm deluded.  :D

22 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Actually,  I've mostly exhausted areas to improve my system.  I'm down to getting better power cables and trying things like OCXO clocks. Even without the clock it sounds quite spectacular so I'm particularly interested to see what this does.

I've been shocked by just how much difference a certain power cable out of China has made. The difference is up there with swapping RCA interconnects for better. Completely unexpected.  I'm now in the process of changing all the power cables in my two main systems.  ;)

Yeah, I know. Power cables right? I won't hold it against you if you think I'm deluded.  :D

Not at all.😊 For me I strive for balance in a system. I agree that look into power and distribution should be one of the first thing to consider. 

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

18 minutes ago, magnuska said:

Not at all.😊 For me I strive for balance in a system. I agree that look into power and distribution should be one of the first thing to consider. 

It's been one of the last for me and I'm seeing big gains. I got a few Accuphase 40th Anniversary branded Chinese cables purely because they looked nice and I'd run out of upgrades..... Absolutely gobsmacked by the difference. I'm hoping for something similar from the clock. Things are getting spookily real sounding now.

Turns out they're actually really well made. I'll even put one on this clock  ;)

53 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Please share ?

Here you go.  Hopefully it brings the same improvement to the OCXO clock it has to everything else.  The biggest improvement was on the power amps and between my Furman AC210 A E and the power board:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001636480400.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.5c982e0e1UXtKC

The only place I can't be bothered trying it is my LDR passive preamp.  I can't see how it would make a difference.

We are delighted that one customer is enjoying the Giesemann Clock today, we are really appreciated for the positive feedback and supports. Thanks again. 

thumbnail_Screenshot2021-03-12at1.25.37P

23 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Adrian 

If we would like to experiment with a tungsten block on top of your OCXO clock(s), will the 5x5 cm block is ordering these days fit inside, and if not, what would be a good size to plan for ?

Hi! R1200CL,

Thanks for your questions. 

We suggested to place it on top. We have excellent THIXAR shock eliminator from Germany as below. This is placed on the top of the device. This one working very well for sensitive device like PHONO amp and Giesemann Clock. 

thixar__eliminator__showcase__2000px_204

We believe tungsten block may change the sounding because of its mass. 

For example,  the damping effect at 100Hz696445194_Screenshot2021-03-13at12_18_51AM.thumb.png.26031e68af952c52ff2f280123d7e724.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@AfterDark.

What exactly is a “RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor” your selling ?

Is at a RJ45 meant for the SFP port ?

Hi Andreas:

As I said in the other thread, AfterDark is not promoting any RJ45 SFP modules! :o

Their “RJ45 SFP Optical Fiber Convertor” is simply the FMC they source/rebrand/modify and sell for about US$80. See photos here:

https://www.adark.co/collections/group-buy-together/products/copy-of-uptone-etherregen-femto-switch-pre-order-enjoy-worldwide-free-shipping-tax-free?variant=39249303732342

7 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Got to say the OCXO clock has made a real improvement in terms of fine detail and sound staging.... PRaT noticeably improved also. Many well loved songs It's like I'm hearing it for the first time. I'm gaining a new appreciation for the artists. This thing isn't coming out of my system and that's for sure.

I'm using it into my Mutec MC-3+USB which feeds my Abbas Audio DAC2.2SE.

Did you change the switch internally?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Just now, ambre said:

Did you change the switch internally?

Sorry I meant the jumper

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable