IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

40 minutes ago, Mat said:

Do I need mini circuits ?

Hi! Mat,

We have mini circuits in 50ohm, which can improve the performance for EtherREGEN.

Purchase link

thumbnail_IMG_3670.thumb.jpg.f466686f800794906a0994e4d6b15be1.jpg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 hour ago, Mat said:

Do I need mini circuits ?

Yes

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

• 2 weeks later...

@AfterDark., I got your Emperor Signature model yesterday. Thank you for the very prompt shipping. The unit arrived VERY well packaged, and externally shows excellent build quality. Inserting the power cable even had a satisfying "click!" as it fully engaged. Well made. Thank you.

But I am disappointed to see the cable you sent.

IMG_1522.thumb.JPG.0ecf912b6da527e28ceeb0f714e12791.JPG

The above photo is a pic of the cable, along with a power cord that I was not expecting. Did not need the cord, and did not appear to be mentioned on this webpage where I bought the clock. If it's there, I missed it. But for the coax cable I was expecting...

"Duelund AC0.4 Silver Premium Audio Cable (Silver in Cotton / Oil impregnated)" as listed in that webpage.", as describe on that webpage, and not listed as optional, but a part of what was being purchased.

Can you please send one now? Or am I missing something?

Thanks - Steve

Digital Sources: Meitner Audio MA3 DAC, AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt, Roon ROCK (NUC8i5, Akasa Plato 8x case, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1TB SSD), UpTone Audio EtherREGEN, Tidal, Qobuz. Preamplifier: none. Power Amplifier: Bel Canto e.One REF500S. Loudspeakers: GoldenEar One.R's with Herbie’s Threaded Stud Glider footers, Focal Stellia headphones. Cables: digital - Wireworld Starlight 8 Ethernet, StarTech SFPGLCLHSMST single-mode 1310nm SFP module and Small Green Computer 1 GB FMC connected by Corning LC-LC single-mode 9/125um duplex fiber; speaker - Silversmith Audio Fidelium; interconnect - Silversmith Audio Fidelium XLR; AC - Wireworld Silver Electra 7 and Electra 7; external clock - Auralis Audio Duelund Pure Silver BNC. Accessories: Power supplies - UpTone Audio JS-2’s (no stock PS’s); OCXO clock for ER - Project Clay X Geismann OCXO 10MHz Emperor Signature edition 75 Ohm; cable risers - AudioQuest Fog Lifters; power conditioning - PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3, AudioQuest Jitterbugs; AC receptacle - PS Audio Powerport Classic, Block Audio C-Lock Lite; vibration isolation - IsoAccoustic Orea Graphite footers (amps), Symposium Accoustics RollerBlock Jr's w/Tungsten balls for DAC. Room: 26' 2" W x 11' 6" D x 7' 9" H, heavily absorbent furnishings, plaster walls, suspended and carpeted wood floor.

8 hours ago, scolley said:

@AfterDark., I got your Emperor Signature model yesterday. Thank you for the very prompt shipping. The unit arrived VERY well packaged, and externally shows excellent build quality. Inserting the power cable even had a satisfying "click!" as it fully engaged. Well made. Thank you.

But I am disappointed to see the cable you sent.

IMG_1522.thumb.JPG.0ecf912b6da527e28ceeb0f714e12791.JPG

The above photo is a pic of the cable, along with a power cord that I was not expecting. Did not need the cord, and did not appear to be mentioned on this webpage where I bought the clock. If it's there, I missed it. But for the coax cable I was expecting...

"Duelund AC0.4 Silver Premium Audio Cable (Silver in Cotton / Oil impregnated)" as listed in that webpage.", as describe on that webpage, and not listed as optional, but a part of what was being purchased.

Can you please send one now? Or am I missing something?

Thanks - Steve

Hi! Steve,

Thanks for you message and feedback. The DC cable is stock cable to connect the LPS, the cable is in 2.1mm, it will come along with the packages. The 75ohm coaxial is free for group buy.

Duelund AC0.4 Silver cable is installed inside the Giesemann Clock as standard. 

If you want to upgrade the DC cable to better one, we have the choices below:

https://www.adark.co/collections/project-giesemann-ocxo/products/afterdark-black-modernize-duelund-audio-dc-cable-x-giesemann-ocxo-10m-edition

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

I compared similarly, but one increment up, an AfterDark Emperor Triple Crown over a King.  From my notes...

I had an immediate impression of more realism in cymbal strikes, greater note decay and a darker background. Percussive detail is pervasive in everything and the midrange is smoother and less gritty.

Bass is felt rather than heard. Less like hearing a pub band with over-driven bass punching you in the chest, more like an Underground train emerging from the tunnel, shaking you in the gut. John knows what I mean, comparing a straight punch with an undercut.

Transients are no longer aural assaults consisting only of loudness. Now they have distance, shape and texture. They can still be loud but the closer approach to real sound makes them more tolerable, and that's also accounting for my lower volume setting of -18dB. I rarely whack it up to -16dB these days.

Even my harshness tests of Sharon van Etten and Feist pass more comfortably, the music flowing with great impact but not giving me a headache. As for Hawkwind's Space Ritual - what a revelation!

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu Deluxe streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. Uptone JS-2 PSUs x 2.  PS Audio P3 & P12 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

43 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Hi Adrian,  do you have stock of the Emperor Double Crown?  I'm thinking about upgrading from my Queen.

Cheers 

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your message. The Emperor Double Crown is in limited production every month. We only managed to produce few units per months. 

Please see the pm, we shall give you the estimates time of productions.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

13 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

Duelund AC0.4 Silver cable is installed inside the Giesemann Clock as standard. 

Ohhh... It's INSIDE the clock, and NOT the external cable being provided as a part of the package. Got it. Thank you for the clarification. You might want to make that a bit more clear on your website, or at least more clear in the English language part of it, for it's not clear now.

Thanks.

Digital Sources: Meitner Audio MA3 DAC, AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt, Roon ROCK (NUC8i5, Akasa Plato 8x case, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1TB SSD), UpTone Audio EtherREGEN, Tidal, Qobuz. Preamplifier: none. Power Amplifier: Bel Canto e.One REF500S. Loudspeakers: GoldenEar One.R's with Herbie’s Threaded Stud Glider footers, Focal Stellia headphones. Cables: digital - Wireworld Starlight 8 Ethernet, StarTech SFPGLCLHSMST single-mode 1310nm SFP module and Small Green Computer 1 GB FMC connected by Corning LC-LC single-mode 9/125um duplex fiber; speaker - Silversmith Audio Fidelium; interconnect - Silversmith Audio Fidelium XLR; AC - Wireworld Silver Electra 7 and Electra 7; external clock - Auralis Audio Duelund Pure Silver BNC. Accessories: Power supplies - UpTone Audio JS-2’s (no stock PS’s); OCXO clock for ER - Project Clay X Geismann OCXO 10MHz Emperor Signature edition 75 Ohm; cable risers - AudioQuest Fog Lifters; power conditioning - PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3, AudioQuest Jitterbugs; AC receptacle - PS Audio Powerport Classic, Block Audio C-Lock Lite; vibration isolation - IsoAccoustic Orea Graphite footers (amps), Symposium Accoustics RollerBlock Jr's w/Tungsten balls for DAC. Room: 26' 2" W x 11' 6" D x 7' 9" H, heavily absorbent furnishings, plaster walls, suspended and carpeted wood floor.

10 minutes ago, scolley said:

Ohhh... It's INSIDE the clock, and NOT the external cable being provided as a part of the package. Got it. Thank you for the clarification. You might want to make that a bit more clear on your website, or at least more clear in the English language part of it, for it's not clear now.

Thanks.

Hello! Steve,

Thanks for your comments. We just revised the product details accordingly on the website. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Hi!  

We are quite delighted to receive the very good feedback from Giesemann EVA, Triple Output.

He is connecting to one of the high resolution DAC with 10M Master Clock Input. 

Have every customers to share the feedback with us. We shall continue to develop and keep improving for Giesemann collection. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.  

356932099_thumbnail_ReGiesemannEvaOCXOTripleOutput.thumb.png.4690b4dacafd7b556494ba9efa9d6afd.png

So I initiated my Queen Squarewave Gieseman Clock only last night to begin the "burn-in."  I was just wondering how many hours or days of burn in are normally required for each clock to hit its own stride. By the way, I can hear the difference already.

Is there any kind of light on the unit that should go on in order to show that it is working?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all positive feedback after burn in. The improvement is huge, the music is much organic and smooth. We received one customer feedback today.

794803676_thumbnail_ReThankyouagain002.thumb.png.1f68408f976a181a9ff7db5c1b81ea64.png

Hi Adrian.

What your present experiences concerning the additional filters as defined by John Swenson for the 50 and 75 Ohm Sin wave clocks ?

At first instance sounded good/ better / differently.

as before ..,,but I was informed that for better Quality Adark clocks this could be contraproductive in term if Sq maybe too clean too digital.

Maybe good for the Chinese BG Sin wave etc!

Please your advice from which clock level to should not be needed from Prince to Eva?

Will de-install to hear the original Sq again.

Ps. Yes every  change isn’t always an improvement.

Very best regards,Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

On 6/1/2021 at 12:04 AM, ambre said:

Hi Adrian.

What your present experiences concerning the additional filters as defined by John Swenson for the 50 and 75 Ohm Sin wave clocks ?

as before ..,,but I was informed that for better Quality Adark clocks this could be contraproductive in term if Sq maybe too clean too digital.

Maybe good for the Chinese BG Sin wave etc!

Please your advice from which clock level to should not be needed from Prince to Eva?

Will de-install to hear the original Sq again.

Ps. Yes every  change isn’t always an improvement.

Hello! Andreas,

Thanks for your questions. We have some positive review with the Giesemann Clock - Emperor Signature to work with EtherREGEN. The reviews is worth to shares.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/etherregen-with-an-afterdark-ocxo-clock-wow/161630

Review of Giesemann OCXO - Queen SE Square Wave for EtherREGEN after 30 days month "burn-in"

QUEEN.thumb.jpeg.4d4914e5ac9550c520ee822bf11450e4.jpeg

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

On 5/31/2021 at 6:04 PM, ambre said:

Hi Adrian.

as before ..,,but I was informed that for better Quality Adark clocks this could be contraproductive in term if Sq maybe too clean too digital..

Imo removing Mini Circuits filter betters overall sound on my 50 Ohm Afterdark.

At first instance I was delighted but …after a while I was missing some aspects.

High focus on mid high and really airy but cymbals wasn’t that crispy as remembered and mid bass lacks also and deep low bass isn’t was earlier( especially organ music) as low as it should / can be.

For sale within Europe for €15,00 ex postage 🥸

2 hours ago, ambre said:

Imo removing Mini Circuits filter betters overall sound on my 50 Ohm Afterdark.

At first instance I was delighted but …after a while I was missing some aspects.

High focus on mid high and really airy but cymbals wasn’t that crispy as remembered and mid bass lacks also and deep low bass isn’t was earlier( especially organ music) as low as it should / can be.

For sale within Europe for €15,00 ex postage 🥸

Hi Ambre,

This is the same feeling with some of the Giesemann customers. The low-pass filter will act like a low pass filter, like the power filter, which cut the information from the backgrounds. It may make music not natural in presentation. The filter adds two more contact points between the signal, which harm the performances. The high quality Giesemann Clock never needs this filter to compensate the perfomance. 

We believe the noise is make music alive, more analog and organic. If it is too clean, we will start to feel the music is clean with digital feelings.  Less is more.

We believes customers perfers natural and smooth music representations. The high resolution of music, which audiophile can feels right and play music should have been sound. When we tested our products, we perform listening test on our Goldmund system with music on Classical, Piano and Violin. This can demonstrated the weakness and strength with respect to the new products. We fine tune them with audiophile's mind and keep customers smile when listening to music. 

Some of the device e.g. Mutec MC-3+USB will drop out with this Mini Circuits low pass filter. There is some information, which is important , being filter out which this filter.  

We have another happy customer today :-)

340273112_HappyCustomer-).thumb.png.577dde4e42bf80ec28453d4af18eaeec.png

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

20 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

We believe the noise is make music alive, more analog and organic. If it is too clean, we will start to feel the music is clean with digital feelings.  Less is more.

We believes customers perfers natural and smooth music representations. The high resolution of music, which audiophile can feels right and play music should have been sound. When we tested our products, we perform listening test on our Goldmund system with music on Classical, Piano and Violin. This can demonstrated the weakness and strength with respect to the new products. We fine tune them with audiophile's mind and keep customers smile when listening to music. 

Some of the device e.g. Mutec MC-3+USB will drop out with this Mini Circuits low pass filter. There is some information, which is important , being filter out which this filter.  

Yes, I found that the connection would drop on my Mutec however once I changed the stock Belden cable for a Tchernov Special this issue went away. The Tchernov Special seems more transparent and detailed however lacks the smooth richness of the Belden which I've missed seeming to be almost a typical Hi-Fi sound in comparison. I've a double shielded 75ohm cable being made with vintage Western Electric wire.  I'm hoping this brings back the magic while retaining the detail I get with the Tchernov Special.  Guess I'll see.

I should receive the Emperor Double Crown soon which will be a very nice improvement from the Queen 75ohm Square Wave. With some luck this combo will work well together.