IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

10 minutes ago, mansr said:

Hmmm 😀

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

1 hour ago, kennyb123 said:

Not necessarily.  Context needs to be considered.

Note the claim that @plissken made:  "When products are championed in the market place that are proven empirically to have no possible impact on audio."  

This is an exaggerated and false claim based on a misunderstanding of the proper application of null results.  

Oh enlighten me...

Now is what he did unethical?   It depends on his intentions so we must consider the context.  Did he just misspeak or maybe was not aware of the proper application of statistical results

How many times do you have to put your hand in the fire for the fact that you got burned to become statistically significant?

Smearing them with malicious intent - that's what unethical looks like.

I'm not smearing anyone. The instrumentation speaks for itself. If some manufacturer thinks I libeled them then there is a venue for resolving this.

The context there points to ethical intentions as they leave it to the prospective buyer to make the final call on the veracity of their claims.  Some, like Uptone, will fully refund purchases within 30 days if a buyer is not fully pleased with the product.  That's what ethical looks like.

...to a radical subjectivism and unfortunately most of Audiophiledom.  "Pleasure" and satisfaction does not equal the ethical.  A more normative perspective on ethics is that it is much more closely related to truth.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 hour ago, plissken said:

Oh enlighten me...

You are un-enlighten-able on this topic.  Your ethics don't require that your own claims be based on sound science.  Nothing I can say will change your mind.  You are too personally invested in your desired outcome that you won't allow fairness to get in the way.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

37 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it ain't him; it's you

Wow, surprise, you respond with "deflect and attack". 

Why not challenge my assertion?  In other words, why not provide the scientific basis for why it is acceptable for plissken to apply the results the way he did?  Is it because you can't and you know it? 

Are you really an objectivist or are you just posing as one?

6 minutes ago, thyname said:

LOL! Give it up. You cannot beat these guys up. They are professional forum writers. They have mastered this trade

I know I can't beat them.  They're just helping me confirm a hypothesis.  

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

They are professional engineers and scientists.

I believe you've just employed the "credentials fallacy" - though maybe not exactly.  If a person behaves like a child on a forum, their credentials are irrelevant.  

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

The scientific method is worth of study before you start playing with hypotheses

As an FYI, this (and #5 in particular) was not meant to be a "how to" guide.  

Are fuse's still an issue or moved from the Harry potter side/ box of magic beans of audio? 

The electronics EEC designers in work looked at me like i'd grown a new head and quite rightly.

I tried one before for fun and noticed a change 2 years on... second hand one just in.. fantastic but its just a fuse. My only concern always is that it doesn't sound like a fireman kicking the door in. 

These guys scream of pseudoscience marketing crap for scientologist rejects...

Not done a Amir special and A B' using 25 blind electronics engineers but enough that I can't reconcile that this has done the most to enhance my listening pleasure. Whats more the Ebay seller described to a Tee the exact changes before it arrived...

But kept my mouth shut the first time as bias and just in my head like the voice that said spend £100 on a bloody fuse... more money means better and be belittled..

But i am trapped with sub/obj dogma as the IFI gear measures well and is published but more than less had little effect for a modest price. 

I am a subjectivist by default because its all i have but the paradox of having 'faith' in a highly educated engineer in thier field telling me otherwise because i am not and i should.

So the bullshit filter failed me and cost me. Trust from experience won... 

But a dilemma many it seems are trapped between... well at least me... 

You are too personally invested in your desired outcome that you won't allow fairness to get in the way...

Not sure why you went personal.  You put forward an ethic, one that claims that radical subjectivism is "what ethics look like".  Yet surely you know that an objective thinker is never going to agree to such a radically subjective ethics...

Edit:  I understand that what is "fair" (ethical) is subjectively determined, but can you allow that to an objective view this is hopelessly relative?

1 hour ago, crenca said:

I understand that what is "fair" (ethical) is subjectively determined, but can you allow that to an objective view this is hopelessly relative?

I meant to say:

I understand that what is "fair" (ethical) for you is subjectively determined, but can you allow that to an objective view this is hopelessly relative?

34 minutes ago, crenca said:

I meant to say:

I understand that what is "fair" (ethical) for you is subjectively determined, but can you allow that to an objective view this is hopelessly relative?

I can think of no greater waste of time than to discuss what is and isn’t ethical with someone who consistently misrepresents what others have said.  

I can think of no greater waste of time than to discuss what is and isn’t ethical with someone who consistently misrepresents what others have said.  

Look who is dodging now.  Sucks don't it, when folks don't agree to the terms of how to get where you want to go.