IGNORED

Article: Guest Editorial: Why did audio stop being about audio?

4 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

But it's rather rich that you are calling out "objectivists" for rudely mocking and dismissing others when you seem to have an irresistible compulsion to call someone who does measurements "His Majesty" over and over again and refer to "graphs and all" in a sarcastic, dismissive manner that suggests you cannot tolerate or respect those who find value in measurement

‘I wrote nothing to suggest such a harsh conclusion you seem to have arrived at me. I was not rude, I was not mocking anyone, and I don’t have any “irresistible compulsion” on anyone. I don’t have sarcastic, dismissive manners. I simply laid out what I have seen happening in audio forums over and over again. To be clear, I am not accusing you on doing this. Don’t get tasty

1 minute ago, tmtomh said:

First off, I do understand you're not accusing me of that bad behavior (and I appreciate you saying so).

I am not trying to be harsh towards you, and I hope we can avoid getting sidetracked on issues of rhetoric and tone - but I have to say that calling a certain person with a measurement-based web site "His Majesty" over and over again is indeed sarcastic and dismissive.

‘It’s a figure of speech. Personification of Authority. In the context of the superior entity with special skills and possession of superior, precision measuring tools. Nobody in particular. Why do you feel so strongly about my use of “Majesty” in this context?

5 hours ago, thyname said:

‘Only to those I mentioned. Not to all objectivists. My post was especially targeted to those who don’t even own an audio system, or don’t even listen to music.

Do people like that exist ?!

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

6 hours ago, crenca said:

For magic pixie dust   

Must be awesome, the best ever.  Where can I get some, and next day delivery of course...

seriously tho’ thanks for posting your system which makes for interesting reading.  

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

@thyname

This isn't intended to be a dig but why do you start many of your posts with a single quote mark? 

The obsessive side of my personality has to ask.

13 hours ago, thyname said:

‘I thought so. You proved my point. 

12 hours ago, thyname said:

‘My HD800 were SDR modified (superDupont Resonator). They were my go-to headphones until I got Utopia. Street price on Utopia is way lower than MSRP. I remember I paid something like $2,500 or $2,600 all in a few years ago, brand new.

10 hours ago, thyname said:

‘I surely hope you are right, although I doubt it. What is your understanding of what he said? 

9 hours ago, thyname said:

‘I wrote nothing to suggest such a harsh conclusion you seem to have arrived at me. I was not rude, I was not mocking anyone, and I don’t have any “irresistible compulsion” on anyone. I don’t have sarcastic, dismissive manners. I simply laid out what I have seen happening in audio forums over and over again. To be clear, I am not accusing you on doing this. Don’t get tasty

9 hours ago, thyname said:

‘It’s a figure of speech. Personification of Authority. In the context of the superior entity with special skills and possession of superior, precision measuring tools. Nobody in particular. Why do you feel so strongly about my use of “Majesty” in this context?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

8 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

This isn't intended to be a dig but why do you start many of your posts with a single quote mark?

For some reason, whenever I start typing in my iPad, the auto-correct inserts that quote mark upfront. Only in my iPad. Too laze at times to go back and delete it, and it's annoying, as it does it again, even after I delete it, so I have to try a few times. I just gave up dealing with it. Hopefully this satisfies your curiosity

1 minute ago, thyname said:

For some reason, whenever I start typing in my iPad, the auto-correct inserts that quote mark upfront. Only in my iPad. Too laze at times to go back and delete it, and it's annoying, as it does it again, even after I delete it, so I have to try a few times. I just gave up dealing with it. Hopefully this satisfies your curiosity

Thanks! The mystery has been solved.

I wonder if turning off Auto-Correction and/or Smart Punctuation in Settings->General->Keyboard would help.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull