IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you send me your .m3u file so I can check it?

I sent to you the m3u files at support at audirvana dot com

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

I also have not had problems streaming Tidal until 3.5.20. Songs regularly fail to completely load, and the entire program hangs for a while before I can make any changes (stop, play, load song, etc.)

I will close the program and restart it, which clears up the problem for a little bit, but it happens again. This has not been a problem for me prior to this version.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Had quite the troubleshooting experience last night.

Turned on the DAC and attempted to play DSD music from audirvana. The dac was not reporting the correct DSD and no music. Swapped out the headphones, tried resetting the dac, played around with USB cables (I recently added another external USB HD so thought maybe somehow it was that).

Anyway, after a long time, I realized that the volume bar in audirvana was not at maximum. Even though I set the preference to DAC ONLY for the volume adjustment in preferences, that volume bar is still moveable. I also set it up so that keyboard volume adjustements were off. With apple mouse, if you move over the volume bar, and scroll up or down, it will move the volume bar. you don't even need to click.

With this dac, (Topping D50), if audirvana volume is not at maximum, it won't play any DSD files. Even PCM was not at the right bitrate.

As I have mentioned before, when the dac is the sole controller of the volume, not software, there shouldn't be any volume bar at all.

Damien, would you consider implementing this change? DAC only for volume = no volume bar in audirvana.

6 hours ago, Chiler54 said:

@damien78

any idea

Do you have the latest Audirvana version (3.5.20)?

To which network player are you playing?

Is there a firmware update available for it?

Do you see its display update with the new track ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, mikeypas said:

Had quite the troubleshooting experience last night.

Turned on the DAC and attempted to play DSD music from audirvana. The dac was not reporting the correct DSD and no music. Swapped out the headphones, tried resetting the dac, played around with USB cables (I recently added another external USB HD so thought maybe somehow it was that).

Anyway, after a long time, I realized that the volume bar in audirvana was not at maximum. Even though I set the preference to DAC ONLY for the volume adjustment in preferences, that volume bar is still moveable. I also set it up so that keyboard volume adjustements were off. With apple mouse, if you move over the volume bar, and scroll up or down, it will move the volume bar. you don't even need to click.

With this dac, (Topping D50), if audirvana volume is not at maximum, it won't play any DSD files. Even PCM was not at the right bitrate.

As I have mentioned before, when the dac is the sole controller of the volume, not software, there shouldn't be any volume bar at all.

Damien, would you consider implementing this change? DAC only for volume = no volume bar in audirvana.

This DAC has unfortunately an issue in its firmware that misses to bypass its digital volume control when playing DSD.

But there are DACs that do have a volume control that needs to be controlled from Audirvana as there is no other way to control it (e.g. the DragonFlys, ...)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

11 minutes ago, damien78 said:

But there are DACs that do have a volume control that needs to be controlled from Audirvana as there is no other way to control it (e.g. the DragonFlys, ...)

But then, presumably, they wouldn't set the audio preferences to "Software Volume Control = OFF"

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

yes

Sonore Ultrarendu

No

yes, you can see the problem in the video

This is as much a Tidal question as an Audirvana one, but is there a way to use the "download" feature of Tidal when using Audirvana? Also, is there a way that Tidal, through their mobile app or desktop program, can keep track of music played through Audirvana?

Thanks for a great sounding product!

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

5 hours ago, bnbayer said:

But then, presumably, they wouldn't set the audio preferences to "Software Volume Control = OFF"

This is exactly my point - for those DACs that require software control, there is that option. But for those that put DAC only (or software=OFF), then why would there be a need for a volume bar in audirvana?

It's a shame that my DAC acts stupid when audirvana's volume is not set to max, and although I never intentionally change the volume, it does end up happening quite often. Like i said, even touching the mouse without clicking can change the volume bar.

The problem with not loading a full track just happened twice in a row. Tidal playlist "Party Jazz" on Cal Tjader's and then Cannonball Adderley's tracks.

What's going on here?

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

8 hours ago, RemiStewart said:

I am not able to search my library using symbols such as fullstops or dashes. This is quite inconvenient as a lot of my albums and artist names contain them. Is there some workaround? Thanks!

I have the same problem but with braille characters ...!

Roch

1 hour ago, mevdinc said:

Hi @damien78

Will you support Amazon Music HD Streaming?

Thanks.

Yes, I would like to know this as well.  Amazon has quite a few audio hardware companies on their preferred list, including McIntosh.  So they have put forth effort in that direction.  WIth Amazon offering 24/192 at half the price of Quboz, and all in FLAC, no MQA, its difficult to see how Tidal and Quboz survive.  I don’t see Roon on the Amazon list which raises concerns about how our various software players are going to work with what may very well be, the only hi-res streaming game left standing....

On 9/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, mevdinc said:

Hi @damien78

Will you support Amazon Music HD Streaming?

Thanks.

I am curious as well. 

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

UK, US, Germany I think 

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Fot those who cares, Damien answered that about Amazon HD Music on his forum:

Because they are Amazon, we believe their new HD service will contribute to promote quality audio, and we support that in general. So we are open to integrate their service into Audirvana, but that is the only thing we can say so far.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13