IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hi, Damien

I'm running Audirvana 3.4.916 on Windows 10 with Nuforce uDAC5 DAC.

I'm always hearing popping sounds on my speakers when start first track of any DSD playlist (DSD files and first track of playlist only). They played fine with Jriver 25.

Can you help me this problems, thanks a lot.

Hello everyone,

I'm very happy with the new Audirvana 3.5 (many thanks to Damien so far!!). But one thing is being a pain in the ash for me. For example: when I change an album name in iTunes, the Audirvana scan functionality (on auto mode and every time by startup) is seeing the change almost directly, but the old (renamed) album name still exists, but the songs within this album I can't play anymore, and often doesn't exist anymore, or just one or a few. It seems to me that  the scan functionality doesn't cleanup enough. Who knows a solution, or is this one for Damien?

One other thing is a fault in iTunes. Audirvana is seeing a song twice in one album. Mostly all the songs within an album. I noticed this fault in a software program called 'Song Sergeant'. This is a very powerful cleanup program for iTunes. It also sees songs twice within an album and is then asking you for deletion, but in fact the songs are not double. You can see them twice in iTunes, but in fact it's an iTunes fault to show songs twice. I want others to be aware of this iTunes behavior. Perhaps this is solved in the new Catalina Music app.

I am running Audirvana on a Mac.

@damien78 or ANYONE ELSE : WILL A+3 with its ‘legacy’ iTunes library of 800+ albums in FLAC and AIFF be preserved in A+3 if i delete the 1.6TB of audio i have on my 4TB WD SSD hard drive or will it disappear from A+3

and if i do delete these audio TB’s how can i do it easily form a late 2012 i7 Mac mini 

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@damien78 or ANYONE ELSE : WILL A+3 with its ‘legacy’ iTunes library of 800+ albums in FLAC and AIFF be preserved in A+3 if i delete the 1.6TB of audio i have on my 4TB WD SSD hard drive or will it disappear from A+3

and if i do delete these audio TB’s how can i do it easily form a late 2012 i7 Mac mini 

I don't use iTunes mode, so I stand to be corrected, BUT... A+ and iTunes databases contain the metadata (tags) for the music files, and pointers to those files. They do NOT contain the actual music files, so if you delete the audio files you will have no music. Depending on the advanced preferences you have set in iTunes, you MAY or may not have a duplicate copy of all files in a separate place. (BTW If you have FLAC files, I don't think they will be in your iTunes library. Last I tried, iTunes accepts ALAC and AIFF, but not FLAC.)

@bnbayer thanks pretty much what i thought but let's see if anyone else answers but i tend to disagree i was able (way back then in a galaxy far far away) to get FLAC plus ALAC and AIFF at least that what A+ whatever said in lower right or left hand corners... but like i said it was a while ago and haven't gone to that library in a long time-will recheck

in the end i won't delete those audio files NEVER do i want to spend 2 whole NFL seasons ripping those cd's and dvd-a's onto the macmini and i doubt i will ever accumulate 1.6TB of music again

thanks again for the reply

12 hours ago, bobbmd said:

i was able (way back then in a galaxy far far away) to get FLAC plus ALAC and AIFF at least that what A+ whatever said in lower right or left hand corners

A+ can certainly play FLAC files, and you can manually put them into the folder on your Mac labelled iTunes. But iTunes won't open them, and if you have the advanced preferences in iTunes set to manage your library, it won't deal with the FLAC files.

Off topic, but to inform you: I installed Catalina and the new music app is having problems loading artwork. The memory usage is also running out of proportions at the same time, so it’s better to wait for an update. By the way: Audirvana is working great under Catalina. I did not experienced any problem.

This issue has been identified, and the fix is already in the release scheduled for today.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Seem to have lost the ability to play a folder of music by dragging the folder onto the Audirvana icon in the dock.

A+ version 3.5.23 under MacOs 10.15 Catalina.

Is this just me? (Seems like this went away once before and then was restored.)

Thanks!

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

I am streaming Audirvana from my Mac Mini to a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ropieee XL that is then connected to my Devialet Expert 120. Works like a charm (BTW the Raspi is FED with the new Shanti LPS). Since I like the sound so much, I am thinking of investing into Allo‘s new USBridge Signature. Does anyone know of the USBridge Sig will run properly with Ropieee XL? Thanks for any input!

7 hours ago, petalthecat said:

Has anyone successfully installed Audirvana 3.5 on windows server 2019? I have spent days trying to, including unsuccessfully downloading Ms- app insaller. the app windows requires when installing Audirvana from the web. Help!

What about a small audio-only installation of Win 10 Pro on the same computer?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

40 minutes ago, satbaba said:

how do we do that?

You would set up Win 10 and Server to dual boot. I was hoping to quickly find an online guide to link, but the first few I glanced through weren't great. Search and see whether you can find something that looks reasonably clear and helpful.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 hours ago, biosailor said:

I am streaming Audirvana from my Mac Mini to a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ropieee XL that is then connected to my Devialet Expert 120. Works like a charm (BTW the Raspi is FED with the new Shanti LPS). Since I like the sound so much, I am thinking of investing into Allo‘s new USBridge Signature. Does anyone know of the USBridge Sig will run properly with Ropieee XL? Thanks for any input!

Please ask this question at the USBridge Signature thread in the sponsored Allo section of this forum.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Thanks Jud for the advice. I'm trying to setup up my computer with Audiophile Optimizer. As you may know this program improves sound quality by dramatically reducing processes of the operating system and  Windows server 2019 suppose to be best sounding of Windows operating systems. I know Roon works with window server 2019 but find it to expensive and Audrirvana has been reviewed well.

If worst comes worst probably unintall windows server 2019 and install windows 10.

50 minutes ago, petalthecat said:

Thanks Jud for the advice. I'm trying to setup up my computer with Audiophile Optimizer. As you may know this program improves sound quality by dramatically reducing processes of the operating system and  Windows server 2019 suppose to be best sounding of Windows operating systems. I know Roon works with window server 2019 but find it to expensive and Audrirvana has been reviewed well.

If worst comes worst probably unintall windows server 2019 and install windows 10.

Some player programs do their own optimization, or need processes AO removes, or both. Dual booting isn’t at all difficult (I dual boot El Cap and Catalina on my laptop, Win 10 and Xubuntu on my desktop), so you can keep the AO installation for whatever you like about it, and install Win 10 for players that expect things AO removes. But if you’d prefer replacing, certainly try that.