IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

12 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Just ordered a USBridge Signature Player, will let you know how it works once it arrives! I‘m curious to see if the SQ of the USBridge beats the Raspi 4. 

I am very curious too about your impressions.

Please post in the USBridge Signature thread (Allo section).

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 9/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, Beefalo said:

Installed 3.5.20 just now. 

Mac Mini running 10.13.4. Re-started after install.

Albums, songs and Tidal all show on both desktop and A+ remote.

Select song, press play.....shows loading(loaded) but progress shows nothing. Both local attached files and Tidal.

Had small issues in past, but never anything like this. Been relatively reliable. Makes me question my recent upgrade.

Any help?

I continue to have this issue at least once a week. Resolves itself for no reason and then pops again. Started after I was forced to update to High Sierra due to Tidal. I can play thru my TV (auto output), but not my Teac 501 dac, even though both the OS and Audirvana show it as the output. Single use Mac Mini. Frustrating and leaning me towards something else (Roon?) @Damian.....any idea?

11 hours ago, Beefalo said:

I continue to have this issue at least once a week. Resolves itself for no reason and then pops again. Started after I was forced to update to High Sierra due to Tidal. I can play thru my TV (auto output), but not my Teac 501 dac, even though both the OS and Audirvana show it as the output. Single use Mac Mini. Frustrating and leaning me towards something else (Roon?) @Damian.....any idea?

Direct connection or network?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

@Beefalo what do you mean HAD TO UPDATE to High Sierra because of TIDAL? Is High Sierra above or below El Capitan in Mac OS pecking order( my Os is 10.11.6 which is below High Sierra)? El Capitan  is OS I have( and I refuse to upgrade) and A+3 works perfectly fine using WiFi(apple time capsule extreme the tower) never forced to upgrade b/o TIDAL

bobbmd

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@Beefalo what do you mean HAD TO UPDATE to High Sierra because of TIDAL? Is High Sierra above or below El Capitan in Mac OS pecking order( my Os is 10.11.6 which is below High Sierra)? El Capitan  is OS I have( and I refuse to upgrade) and A+3 works perfectly fine using WiFi(apple time capsule extreme the tower) never forced to upgrade b/o TIDAL

bobbmd

Message from Tidal was that it could no longer run on the version I was on (Yosemite). I had fought upgrading due to loss of Direct Mode, but this somewhat forced my hand. At the same time, I paid and upgraded to 3.5+. Had no (minimal) issues until then. Now, I get the intermittent no play. Load bar shows track loaded but will not play. Funny thing is that last night I could get it to play thru my TV, but when System prefs and Audirvana showed my Teac as the output, nothing.

@Beefalo oh boy i feel so bad for you--- have never received message like that from TIDAL using El Capitan and TIDAL plays beautifully on TIDAL web page and with A+3 and ROON and I have not upgraded b/o reason you cited

is there anyway you can go back to Yosemite or at least load version of El Capitan maybe someone on this august body of audiophiles can help you(I can't!)  can help you do this ie Jud

go to Questions and Answers or ask @The Computer Audiophile our leader and founder he knows just about everything

GOODLUCK and I really feel for you

51 minutes ago, speavler said:

Audirvana app still not loading my Tidal artists. 

6B131CB2-CD27-4356-87F7-1BBFBBB8A22E.png

I’ve found a bit of a quirk in the UI is that if you scroll down to “Loading” it seems to get stuck, but if you go back up to where you can see entries again it moves right along and completes. At least that’s what I think I’m seeing.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi Jud.  This was happening before the app update and before updating to 3.5.  I’m more of a set it and forget guy when it comes to audio, so I reluctantly updated my iOS from Mavericks in order to update to the current version of A+ hoping that would be the fix. Artists load on the computer but not the iPhone app.  I’ve deleted the app, reinstalled. Even updated phones lol.

41 minutes ago, Marten said:

New Great Remote Audirvana App in the App Store. Great job @damien78!

Major improvements made! A big one for classical listeners is that GROUPS can finally be played - Thank you, Damien!

Some things need to be fixed, though...

On the HOME screen album view (and others), landscape mode does not work. Many classical album tiles are far too long to be read in portrait more. For example, I have 19 albums entitled "Haydn: String quartets, o...". I really need to see the "p 76 #1-3" (or whatever) that completes the title. LANDSCAPE mode on every screen please - and full title, not truncated ones.

Again, on the HOME screen album list, whenever you touch an item you get the details (still looking for the right quartet, for instance). Whoops, guessed the wrong one, so I go back-arrow AAANND start all over! It doesn't take me back to where I was in the list (in those 19 Haydn albums), but to the very beginning of the list. With thousands of albums, it can take a long time to get back to where I was.

On the ARTISTS list we need the little alphabet to navigate the long list. Scrolling doesn't really work as a) it's thousands of names, and b) after the first few scrolls you just get "Loading..." so you have no idea whether you've gone far enough or too far. And actually it seems to stall at "Loading..." as Jud described for Tidal. (I'm using only local tracks from my NAS.)

The BROWSER was one of the most powerful features of the old remote. Please bring it back. Unstructured searches are nice sometimes, but structured ones with filters and lists can be even better. (Especially for composer names, since we still don't have COMPOSERS as an option on the home screen.)

COMPOSERS as an option (along with Artists, Albums, etc) on the HOME screen.

Just now, bnbayer said:

On the Canada store, it's only there for the iPhone. Looking on my iPad I don't see it yet.

In the US, it just appeared for iPad.  I had to search for “Audirvana Remote” as it didn’t show up as an update for the old remove app....

11 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

On the ARTISTS list we need the little alphabet to navigate the long list. Scrolling doesn't really work as a) it's thousands of names,

I would like to see the alpha index come back also. Not sure how it would work with the loading of artists, but if possible to do it would be nice.

The iPad version is there now, but it doesn't show on the Updates page. Finding the update button requires searching for the app, then going into the detail view (otherwise it just opens the old one). I did NOT have to uninstall the old one first.

Same comments as for the iPhone version, except that Landscape mode works on the iPad. (We need it even more on the phone, as the screen is so narrow.)

Hi...

After receiving a message about the new Audirvana Remote I tried and tried again...

At the end It seem that my Ipad is to old  10.3.3 

Now is there a way I can re-install the previous version because after resding a post here  (just above) I did remove the older version and now I cannot find it anyhwhere....  At least not at apple store....

Need help...

Dantheman

A few more improvements:

iPad version, while playing, Landscape mode displays different info than Portrait, and truncates important info severely. There are acres of wasted real estate, while the composer and title are truncated down into 3cm or 4cm width. In the meantime, the "pause" button is big enough you could throw a bun at it from across the room...

Portrait mode, while playing, Phone displays composer's full un-truncated name, but iPad doesn't display it at all. (On the phone, however, there is a mismatch between the font size and line height - like displaying 12-point type on an 8-point line.)

WAIT - next piece it's showing the composer on the iPad, but cutting the title from 2 lines to 1. Something weird happening

Both versions: where is the booklet PDF?