IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

12 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you make a quick check with your DAC?

With no music playing, using Audio Midi setup, change the sample rate. Do you hear any click?

If yes, then this means your DAC is not muting its analog outputs correctly when switching sample rate.

You may also want to check if there is a firmware update for the iDSD Nano.

FYI, there is no such issue with the micro iDSD that mutes its analog outputs when switching sample rate, and PCM/DSD.

Thanks for the response, just checked, yes I hear some click, it’s not as loud as DSD/pcm click though.

as far as I remember I didn’t heard any clicks on windows, so I thought It’s SW controlled issue, gonna recheck it on windows version.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:41 PM, bnbayer said:

Note that the playlists I was trying to import were from Audirvana 3.2 (not from iTunes). The Smart Playlists are fine, but the not the regular ones. Still don't import with 3.5.18

Thanks for the follow up! The m3u8 files were old versions that were indeed from iTunes, but the m3u files were actually from Audirvana - I exported from 3.5.1.8, deleted the library files, then tried reimporting to the same 3.5.1.8 version of Audirvana. No dice with the playlist whether it was exported from iTunes or Audirvana. Import had worked last summer (July 2018) when the iTunes files were generated with what was then the current version of Audirvana

HI Damien,

I've been hoping someone on the board would have some advice. The situation's in limbo now so could you can tell me if this is a known issue and a fix is in your plans or if those of us with the issue should get started with rebuilding our playlists.

Thanks!

On 8/24/2019 at 2:09 PM, Rezseeker said:

Thanks for the follow up! The m3u8 files were old versions that were indeed from iTunes, but the m3u files were actually from Audirvana - I exported from 3.5.1.8, deleted the library files, then tried reimporting to the same 3.5.1.8 version of Audirvana. No dice with the playlist whether it was exported from iTunes or Audirvana. Import had worked last summer (July 2018) when the iTunes files were generated with what was then the current version of Audirvana

I have raised this "Importing Playlist" issue since the first release of Audirvana 3.5. Tried to get Damien attention in this site, in audirvana site and also with direct email to audirvana. I don't understand why it is still not fixed yet... It is ridiculous and big disappointment that the basic function of audio player is missing on this such popular player... 

9 hours ago, Betty said:

I have raised this "Importing Playlist" issue since the first release of Audirvana 3.5. Tried to get Damien attention in this site, in audirvana site and also with direct email to audirvana. I don't understand why it is still not fixed yet... It is ridiculous and big disappointment that the basic function of audio player is missing on this such popular player... 

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with this. Strange that questions about this pretty basic function aren't acknowledged while just about everything else gets a pretty speedy response. 

On 8/27/2019 at 9:45 AM, Betty said:

I just downloaded 3.5.19 and created a playlist then exported, deleted, and reimported it. It worked. I still can't import the playlists made with 3.5.18 though so I guess I'm stuck spending a couple of hours rebuilding playlists.

16 hours ago, Rezseeker said:

I just downloaded 3.5.19 and created a playlist then exported, deleted, and reimported it. It worked. I still can't import the playlists made with 3.5.18 though so I guess I'm stuck spending a couple of hours rebuilding playlists.

3.5.19 still will not import my .m3u playlist from version 3.2

On 8/27/2019 at 4:01 AM, Rezseeker said:

HI Damien,

I've been hoping someone on the board would have some advice. The situation's in limbo now so could you can tell me if this is a known issue and a fix is in your plans or if those of us with the issue should get started with rebuilding our playlists.

Thanks!

I have been able to import old playlists by adding “.m3u8” to the file name - but may work using “.m3u” too? (I never used iTunes). 

I had spent some time making new playlists in 3.5, before finding this trick... 

Hope that helps others. 

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Ok, this is probably a really dumb question. When I select a playlist on my mac, there is a "select all" link that plays all of the albums/tracks in my playlis, and I can randomize them if I choose.  On my iphone remote, I haven't figured out how to "select all" for a selected playlist.  Is this possible?

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Hi there, just wondering if anyone use to compared audio quality between  Audirvana Plus and Universal player like Oppo 203 or Cambridge Audio CXUHD ?

I use Audirvana Plus on PC sent bitstream via HDMI to AVR and it's sound is great. I'm thinking about buying physical player,  Cambridge Audio CXUHD, but not sure if it worth to up grade.

Any suggest?

On 8/30/2019 at 4:10 AM, odelay said:

I have been able to import old playlists by adding “.m3u8” to the file name - but may work using “.m3u” too? (I never used iTunes). 

I had spent some time making new playlists in 3.5, before finding this trick... 

Hope that helps others. 

Thanks for the suggestion Odelay. I didn't have much luck. 3.5.19 will import  playlists now - either m3u or m3u8, but only a handful of songs. For instance only 4 of 162 songs in one playlist were imported. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what it chooses to import - there were several songs from the same album with the metadata done in the same way on the same date, but it only imports one song. ITunes has no problem importing either m3u or m3u8 playlists.

To boot, A+ has started displaying phantom duplicates of songs again (ie the songs appear in duplicate in Audirvana, but not on my hard drive). The whole reason I deleted my playlists in the first place was to create a fresh library and rid it of duplicates. 

Love A+, but not loving dealing with these aspects over the last year.

Just did the 3.5.20 update for Tidal - does anyone know what this update included?

I would like to know when Tidal MyMixes can be accessed through A+.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

13 hours ago, watercourse said:

Just did the 3.5.20 update for Tidal - does anyone know what this update included?

I would like to know when Tidal MyMixes can be accessed through A+.

Click on the create a new playlist option from the MyMix.  Only issue is that it is static at that point and to get the current my mix collection you would  have to delete and recreate monthly.   So I had "My mix 1 July, My mix 2 July" etc.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

On 8/30/2019 at 3:38 PM, audiocanyon said:

Ok, this is probably a really dumb question. When I select a playlist on my mac, there is a "select all" link that plays all of the albums/tracks in my playlis, and I can randomize them if I choose.  On my iphone remote, I haven't figured out how to "select all" for a selected playlist.  Is this possible?

The only way to select all from within the remote at the moment is to change your view from album to song list using the icon in the upper right of the screen.  You will see the option near the bottom within the list presented by pressing the ellipsis.

6 hours ago, Serpieri said:

The only way to select all from within the remote at the moment is to change your view from album to song list using the icon in the upper right of the screen.  You will see the option near the bottom within the list presented by pressing the ellipsis.

Thanks Serpieri!  I just tried it and .....SUCCESS!

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

Installed 3.5.20 just now. 

Mac Mini running 10.13.4. Re-started after install.

Albums, songs and Tidal all show on both desktop and A+ remote.

Select song, press play.....shows loading(loaded) but progress shows nothing. Both local attached files and Tidal.

Had small issues in past, but never anything like this. Been relatively reliable. Makes me question my recent upgrade.

Any help?

Bonjour @damien78

I have Audirvana 3.5.20 on my Mac mini with a clean install. I can not import my playlists from Audirvana 3.5.19. On the other hand, if I take the m3u file produced by Audirvana 3.5.19 and I slip it on the icon of Audirvana 3.5.20,Audirvana is able to open the file. I see all my tracks, but it seems impossible to create a playlist in a play queue. Am I right? Can you please help Me? Thank you!

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

1 hour ago, beajuju said:

Bonjour @damien78

I have Audirvana 3.5.20 on my Mac mini with a clean install. I can not import my playlists from Audirvana 3.5.19. On the other hand, if I take the m3u file produced by Audirvana 3.5.19 and I slip it on the icon of Audirvana 3.5.20,Audirvana is able to open the file. I see all my tracks, but it seems impossible to create a playlist in a play queue. Am I right? Can you please help Me? Thank you!

Can you send me your .m3u file so I can check it?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420