IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

5 hours ago, mevdinc said:

There are a number of countries listed, which you can see (choose) prior to Free trial signup.

Depends where you are. Here in Canada the "GET 90 DAYS FREE OF AMAZON MUSIC HD" page gives this message: "Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S."

19 hours ago, Jud said:

In the US, Qobuz' classical and jazz catalog might be appealing. 

In 2013, Qobuz was promising to be in Canada by the end of 2014. Since then the welcome page hasn't been updated, the people who signed up with an email for news have yet to receive their first communication. I'd love to try Qobuz over Amazon, but so far Tidal is my only option. So Amazon gives me some hope - especially as their success might inspire Apple Music to compete.

Problem with Audirvana 3.5.20 not connecting to Qobuz. Saw this problem for the first time a few days ago but it logged in to Qobuz fine after a restart. Now nothing. A song loaded locally plays perfectly fine. Just nothing from Qobuz, no lists on the left, nada.

Running Mojave on an old MacBook Pro laptop. Not sure what can be done to get Audirvana connecting again. None of Qobuz is loading. The Qobuz app is working on the computer. Previously both Qobuz and Tidal worked just fine. 

Now at startup of Audirvana, Qobuz says its connected but logging out and back in produces nothing.

What to do?

1 hour ago, Da Horsey said:

Problem with Audirvana 3.5.20 not connecting to Qobuz. Saw this problem for the first time a few days ago but it logged in to Qobuz fine after a restart. Now nothing. A song loaded locally plays perfectly fine. Just nothing from Qobuz, no lists on the left, nada.

Running Mojave on an old MacBook Pro laptop. Not sure what can be done to get Audirvana connecting again. None of Qobuz is loading. The Qobuz app is working on the computer. Previously both Qobuz and Tidal worked just fine. 

Now at startup of Audirvana, Qobuz says its connected but logging out and back in produces nothing.

What to do?

A search in the Audirvana menu bar allows you to find an artist or album and play it and like it.

After that it's thee end. No idea what is happening. Can't get back the screen loading Qobuz. 

(Also couldn't edit the above post again.)

On 9/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, watercourse said:

The problem with not loading a full track just happened twice in a row. Tidal playlist "Party Jazz" on Cal Tjader's and then Cannonball Adderley's tracks.

What's going on here?

Today, two Tidal playlists have had multiple skipped tracks.

Right now, listening to Gerald Wilson's "In My Time", and none of the first 6 tracks have played through other than the sixth track. I have emailed for Tidal support, but it's mostly happening on Audirvana (version 3.5.20), but all they have done is asked whether I have the latest versions (yes I do).

It does happen with the Tidal desktop app (version 2.7.0.5), but it REALLY happens with Audirvana. Using the HiFi/Master level of streaming.

Would really be great to get some support from Tidal or @damien78

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

17 hours ago, Da Horsey said:

What to do?

=====

Went back to page one and verified backup and new install procedures. Started from scratch and reinstalled a clean version of 3.5.20 after removing the Audirvana system files. Thankfully, everything is working fine now. Not sure what occurred but the oddities are gone.

Really love the quality of Audirvana 3.5. Thank you Damien. 

On 9/22/2019 at 1:17 AM, jos said:

I agree and I guess no problem for Damien at all to realise this, but is Amazon willing to cooperate? That’s the question, I think. As a valued prime customer, I can only ask them to make this possible. Others too?

I just sent an email to Amazon through their Amazon Music App requesting Audirvana + Integration and told them that without Audirvana + they will not have my business.  Lets see what they will say.

I suggest everyone here interested in Amazon Music through Audirvana to do the same.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

1 hour ago, mazuly said:

I just sent an email to Amazon through their Amazon Music App requesting Audirvana + Integration and told them that without Audirvana + they will not have my business.  Lets see what they will say.

I suggest everyone here interested in Amazon Music through Audirvana to do the same.

+1

I've been experiencing a very weird problem on my imac (late 2015), macos 10.14.6, audirvana 3.5.19

Sometimes, and without any specific action taken, when listening to Audirvana, the imac screen will start to flicker. 

At first I thought it was a hardware problem, almost like a loose connection. I can usually still see whats on the screen, but depending on the flickering, it can be unusable.

Even if I close audirvana, it takes a reboot to fix the problem. And when I am using the computer but audirvana is not open, it never happens.

It seems like moving the mouse may trigger the flickering to get worse when it is happening, but even leaving things alone the flickering continues until the computer is restarted.

I know this is very weird, but if anyone has any ideas?

I am using a Topping D50 dac connected via USB.

Thanks

On 9/23/2019 at 5:16 PM, mikeypas said:

I've been experiencing a very weird problem on my imac (late 2015), macos 10.14.6, audirvana 3.5.19

Sometimes, and without any specific action taken, when listening to Audirvana, the imac screen will start to flicker. 

At first I thought it was a hardware problem, almost like a loose connection. I can usually still see whats on the screen, but depending on the flickering, it can be unusable.

Even if I close audirvana, it takes a reboot to fix the problem. And when I am using the computer but audirvana is not open, it never happens.

It seems like moving the mouse may trigger the flickering to get worse when it is happening, but even leaving things alone the flickering continues until the computer is restarted.

I know this is very weird, but if anyone has any ideas?

I am using a Topping D50 dac connected via USB.

Thanks

Sorry for bumping my own post

Nobody else is experience screen flickering with Audirvana?

I would have thought it was a problem with my imac, but it only occurs when audirvana app is running.

I have attached a short .mov of it happening. I tried to show it happens even if I switch to another app, but of course this behaviour wasnt seen when i was filming.

Note: still happens even after audirvana closed, needs reboot to solve.  at the time, my dac was not turned on, so don't think it has to do with dac. if i vnc from another mac, i don't see any flickering, so its somehow tied to the imac?

Any and all suggestions are welcome

Narrowed the flickering issue down to a library issue.

Something in my library is causing the screen the flicker, and stay that way even after audirvana is closed.

Maybe its an accent or symbol or some glitch in the artwork, but theres no way for my to try to find it

I tried removing the library and using a smaller library on my local HD, and the problem didn't appear.

Any ideas how to track down the offending album ? Its a very annoying problem because have to restart the system each time this happens.

Thanks

@ Mikeypas: I also had this problem with my iMac (late 2015, 24GB Ram, MacOS 10.14.6). This happens when lists or covers are scrolled quickly.
Since I use Audirvana only in iTunes Integradet mode, I do not notice how many times it occurs.
Unfortunately, the synchronization of the rating stars and the play counter between iTunes and Audirvana is very unreliable.
However, this is very important for me to use with other devices (iPhone, iPod ...), because I have many smart playlists.
Also the import of playlists in Audirvana that I have exported from iTunes still does not work. (Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.20)

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

11 hours ago, mikeypas said:

Narrowed the flickering issue down to a library issue.

Something in my library is causing the screen the flicker, and stay that way even after audirvana is closed.

Maybe its an accent or symbol or some glitch in the artwork, but theres no way for my to try to find it

I tried removing the library and using a smaller library on my local HD, and the problem didn't appear.

Any ideas how to track down the offending album ? Its a very annoying problem because have to restart the system each time this happens.

Thanks

when it is happening, remove a letter from your music folder mine is like A to Z (26 folders). Then sync it to see if it disappear. Then try removing another...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

12 hours ago, michelangelo said:

@ Mikeypas: I also had this problem with my iMac (late 2015, 24GB Ram, MacOS 10.14.6). This happens when lists or covers are scrolled quickly.
Since I use Audirvana only in iTunes Integradet mode, I do not notice how many times it occurs.
Unfortunately, the synchronization of the rating stars and the play counter between iTunes and Audirvana is very unreliable.
However, this is very important for me to use with other devices (iPhone, iPod ...), because I have many smart playlists.
Also the import of playlists in Audirvana that I have exported from iTunes still does not work. (Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.20)

Thank god someone else has also experienced this, I thought I was going crazy!

I also thought it was due to scrolling too quickly, in fact, thats how i try to replicate and reproduce the problem.

I also tried scrolling really slowly, and eventually it also happened. Making me think it was perhaps a particular album entry that was causing the problem. However, its impossible to track it down.

I don't use audirvana to play any of my itunes library (separate library, audirvana is mostly DSD albums).

Any advice on how to fix this issue? As soon as it happens, I need to restart the computer to fix, gets really annoying

11 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

when it is happening, remove a letter from your music folder mine is like A to Z (26 folders). Then sync it to see if it disappear. Then try removing another...

Thanks for the suggestion. Obviously this one is much tougher to do with larger library, also the "folder names" do not always correspond to what appears on audirvana (iso file name). The poster above you (michaelangelo) inferred that the problem occurs while scrolling too quickly, which definitely is also consistent with my experience.