IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Both versions - the play queue severely truncates the titles to the point of gibberish, while most of the screen is blank.

Even if you have to wrap text to multiple lines, NEVER truncate the title. I can scroll down if the list is too long.

Actually never truncate anything would be ideal. Horizontal scrolling is a pain, but vertical scrolling is fine.

IMG_3004.PNG

26 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

Both versions: where is the booklet PDF?

OK, I found it. NOT intuitive or obvious* , but at least it's there. The book icon in the previous version was much better.

Also, ideally the book icon should also be available in the play queue and/or now playing screens. You want to be able to read and/or refer to the notes WHILE you're listening, not just while you're picking tracks.

* For UI, "obvious" is good.

Major major upgrade for the App.  It crosses all I had requested.

Thanks Damien.  Great job.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

13 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@mazuly got that email today went to the app store didn't find it maybe didn't look hard enough do you need latest ver of iphone OS ? definitely have latest A+3 version

I have latest A+ but I don’t think that should matter.  On my iPhone and iPad it was an automatic update actually.

I just searched for Audirvana on App Store and it poped up, no problem.

Maybe best searching again.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

38 minutes ago, mazuly said:

Major major upgrade for the App.  It crosses all I had requested.

Thanks Damien.  Great job.

Hi Damian

When looking at an artist albums or tracks in Tidal, MQA logo does not show. 

On 8/26/2019 at 9:01 PM, Rezseeker said:

HI Damien,

I've been hoping someone on the board would have some advice. The situation's in limbo now so could you can tell me if this is a known issue and a fix is in your plans or if those of us with the issue should get started with rebuilding our playlists.

Thanks!

Thanks for this playlist import fix in 3.5.24 and more kudos for the ios app! 

Hi @damien78

Is it possible to add DSD selection options if using [RopieeeXL] to output to an UPnP network player?

My device settings are below - I am using Mac Mini > A+ (latest) > RopieeeXL > Allo Digione > SPDIF > Chord Hugo 2

I believe to output DSD64 over SPDIF I need to be able to select DSD over DOP (like I can in Roon - see further below)

Thanks in advance!

757842270_Screenshot2019-10-19at13_36_22.png.79de7e593618390565fe87873c34f047.png

Working signal path same setup in Roon

1460098994_Screenshot2019-10-19at13_44_48.png.9ed041598e70714510254aa4fc34d030.png

Merci for the remote update, Damien 🙏

As one of many who run a headless set up, the less I have to use a VNC, the better. 

Being able to edit playlists would be enormously helpful. 

Future updates that I would be grateful for: 

1. Being able to add full albums to the end of the playlist queue (like the old version)

2. Edit criteria for smart playlists (add, edit or delete criteria)

3. Editing metadata (at least for album artists, album titles and genres)

... but maybe I’m the only one..?

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

2 hours ago, jrd1975 said:

Hi @damien78

Is it possible to add DSD selection options if using [RopieeeXL] to output to an UPnP network player?

My device settings are below - I am using Mac Mini > A+ (latest) > RopieeeXL > Allo Digione > SPDIF > Chord Hugo 2

I believe to output DSD64 over SPDIF I need to be able to select DSD over DOP (like I can in Roon - see further below)

Thanks in advance!

757842270_Screenshot2019-10-19at13_36_22.png.79de7e593618390565fe87873c34f047.png

The setting you choose under Not MQA is ??

DSD over PCM 1.1

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Euh.. might be because of network player? can't help with that, i'm direct usb connect, sorry :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

1 minute ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Euh.. might be because of network player? can't help with that, i'm direct usb connect, sorry :)

No worries at all!

It's an Allo DigiOne running RopieeeXL OS. As per my original post, no issues achieving DSD64 from Roon - just not in A+ 

I contacted the RopieeeXL OS developer who said that he would have expected the option to be configurable in the player.

Maybe Damian can help at some point :)

32 minutes ago, jrd1975 said:

No worries at all!

It's an Allo DigiOne running RopieeeXL OS. As per my original post, no issues achieving DSD64 from Roon - just not in A+ 

I contacted the RopieeeXL OS developer who said that he would have expected the option to be configurable in the player.

Maybe Damian can help at some point :)

What happens when you allow upsampling to DSD?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

52 minutes ago, jrd1975 said:

I don't get that option ??

Hi

I think from Mac you can only do DOP which Audirvana does automatically (not sure for Windows)

Set DSD 64 there and then choose To DSD from upsampling tab with sample rate of DSD 64.

I have done that before: 

Mac mini -> microRendu -> Schiit EITR (spdif) -> Mojo

Having said that I find Mojo sounds better without upsample since Chord products upsample everything u send them according to their software and change to PCM.  I think only DAVE has special path for DSD. 

I think this new remote app is less useful and well thought out compared to the original. What’s happened to being able to have all albums displayed under Genre headings? That’s how I chiefly viewed and navigated my library, and without the ability to list albums by genre - or have the option to select a certain genre - this new app is pretty useless for me. Unless I’ve missed the Genre option somewhere?

B24FA533-AE49-4451-93F1-7F4A31E8A0F9.png

1 hour ago, JohnM73 said:

without the ability to list albums by genre - or have the option to select a certain genre - this new app is pretty useless for me. Unless I’ve missed the Genre option somewhere?

Not sure if that what you mean, but go the preferences on remote and edit how you see things...

for me, i really miss beeing able to see my albums by YEAR...

93D5C469-84AE-452F-9C7C-908E78D18445.png

2 hours ago, jrd1975 said:

If I select my Hugo 2 direct USB I get the DSD options on A+ as per here

These options do not appear when pointing at the endpoint.

80521166_Screenshot2019-10-19at20_15_48.png.d46cd42706bc3fbf363e4ce5aa782e9f.png

What are your settings for bridge device connected to a DAC?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.