IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

check this out (read from bottom up)...........at 6:53am today, my opticalRendu was 5 miles from my house (at the Newark, NJ distribution center) but was apparently left on the truck and was next seen in Lehigh, PA, from which it quickly departed and hopefully started its journey back here.................aaarrrrgggghhhhhh...................usps is still quoting delivery tomorrow

May 23, 2019, 1:48 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
LEHIGH VALLEY PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item departed our USPS facility in LEHIGH VALLEY PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on May 23, 2019 at 1:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

May 23, 2019, 1:47 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

May 23, 2019, 6:53 am
NEWARK NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 23, 2019, 1:32 am
NASHUA NH DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

May 22, 2019, 9:22 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

May 22, 2019, 6:01 pm
Departed Post Office
BEDFORD, NH 03110 

May 22, 2019, 4:19 pm
USPS picked up item
BEDFORD, NH 03110 

47 minutes ago, cat6man said:

check this out (read from bottom up)...........at 6:53am today, my opticalRendu was 5 miles from my house (at the Newark, NJ distribution center) but was apparently left on the truck and was next seen in Lehigh, PA, from which it quickly departed and hopefully started its journey back here.................aaarrrrgggghhhhhh...................usps is still quoting delivery tomorrow

Your item departed our USPS facility in LEHIGH VALLEY PA DISTRIBUTION CENTER on May 23, 2019 at 1:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Departed Post Office
BEDFORD, NH 03110 

USPS picked up item
BEDFORD, NH 03110 

May 23, 2019, 9:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on May 23, 2019 at 9:30 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

wow, now it's in Philadelphia.........does someone get extra mileage points?  is this someone testing a new AI 'traveling salesman' algorithm?

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@Em2016

Just be aware that the interface/ connection is different between those FMC’s and products using SFT. I expect the correct cable solve that. 

I just realized myself this evening 😀

Looks like this combination may work:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/accessory/mc220l/

and 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/accessory/tl-sm311lm/

Gigabit: 1000base-SX
Interface: LC 
Fiber type: 62.5/125um 
Multi-Mode Wave Length: 850nm

Would be great if @vortecjr could test and confirm and add to the systemOptique approved list (IF it's ok)?

13 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@Em2016

If you read John S answer to my similar question in the opticalModule thread, you should get a understanding that this will probably work. 

I will confirm later later today if the FMC I’m testing is working, then it’s highly likely the TP link will work as well. 

Yes but my question to JR is if he can buy it, test it and then add to the approved list...

TP-Link stuff is widely available so it would be nice to have an approved option to pair with opticalRendu, if people cannot afford to add the opticalModule...

Is anyone planning to use a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 with the Opticalrendu (with both devices powered by separate LPS 1.2’s)?  A bit of a long shot I know but I can’t be the only one!   

According to the Matrix Audio website when you connect an external power supply (in this case an LPS1.2) it disconnects the USB bus power so I assume it would be ok to power the opticalRendu with a second LPS1.2 in this scenario.   Is there any way I can double-check this before ordering an opticalRendu?

On 5/24/2019 at 3:24 AM, Em2016 said:

Yes but my question to JR is if he can buy it, test it and then add to the approved list...

TP-Link stuff is widely available so it would be nice to have an approved option to pair with opticalRendu, if people cannot afford to add the opticalModule...

I'm not planning to buy a bunch of gear to approve it. Its fine that customer report things work here, but remember that customers don't always test things 100% so your results my vary. TP-Link has a lot of 10/100 speed gear in the wild and these will not work. You have to use 1000 speed gear and use 1000 speed SPF transceivers. I would at minimum buy the SPF transceivers and fiber optical cables we are selling so things go as smoothly as possible. 

9 hours ago, Foggie said:

Kinda lost track/missed the shipping announcement.  If I purchase one this eve can I receive it by the holiday wknd! 😀😉

The opticalRendu is in stock and shipping same day or next business day depending on the time of the order. 

9 hours ago, Superdad said:

I just measured the 5VBUS draw of my SU-1: 100mA.  So you are right at the limit of an UltraCap supply with the opticalRendu + SU-1.  You either need to get a VUBS injector for the SU-1 or use a different power supply for the opticalRendu.

We are not recommending a VBUS injector to our customers. The opticalRendu has an improved BUS power circuit compared to the microRendu and the ultraRendu and customers will want to take advantage of it. The recommended approach is to use a different power supply for the opticalRendu.  

10 hours ago, sahmen said:

First of all, I feel a little embarrassed having to ask the following questions, since they seem to concern things that most readers of this forum will already know.  However, I also know that the conversation about the OpticalRendu has been ongoing for a considerably long time during which pieces of knowledge or things initially taken to be factual, may have evolved, and that  idea tempers my embarrassment a bit, as I am looking for the most up-to-date info, and that is always a good thing.

With that said, if someone will humor me by addressing the following simple (some might say "simplistic") questions regarding the opticalRendu, while making sure everything that sounds too technical is  translatable from sonorespeak to averagejoe speak, their efforts would be highly appreciated:

I currently use an ultraRendu, which is powered by the Uptone Ultracap 1.2, and feeds a Schiit Yggdrasil analog 2. Now assuming I want to upgrade the same system by adding an optimally functioning opticalRendu system, in place of the ultraRendu, what exactly am I going to need, apart from the obvious opticalRendu unit itself:

Can I use my Uptone Ultracap LPS 1.2 unit to power the opticalRendu in this particular set up (opticalRendu to Schiit Yggy A2 via USB)?

Also On the opticalRendu page, I see the following accessories:

1. opticalModule,

2. SFP Fiber Transceiver

3. systemOptique Certified Fiber Optic Cable - 1m

I know the optical module (1)is yet to ship, but what does it (or what is it supposed to) bring to the table in the form of sonic enhancements that the opticalrendu does not already have?

Lastly do the SFP Fiber Transceiver (2) and the 1m Fiber Optic come already bundled with the opticalRendu retail package, or do they have to .be purchased separately?

If you are upgrading to an opticalRendu: You need a opticalModule to convert cable Ethernet to optical Ethernet. You need a fiber optic cable to connect the opticalModule to an opticalRendu. An SFP transceivers already come with the opticalModule and the opticalRendu. To be safe I would buy the SGC power supply for the opticalRendu. 

16 hours ago, cat6man said:

Departed Post Office
BEDFORD, NH 03110 

USPS picked up item
BEDFORD, NH 03110 

I live in the Lehigh Valley and my unit arrives Saturday.  They could have just left yours with me!  

5 hours ago, lestes said:

I live in the Lehigh Valley and my unit arrives Saturday.  They could have just left yours with me!  

well, from Lehigh Valley they sent it to Philadelphia, then back to Newark at 8am this morning, giving me hope I'd get it today.

however after holding it all day in Newark, at 5:23pm today it was recorded as sent from Newark to Kearny, NJ........maybe everyone at usps has left early for the long weekend and they are shipping stuff around to get their desks clear and pass the potato

hopefully they won't keep it until after the holiday weekend.

KEY POINT:  those of you who have received your units, why are there no reviews of audio quality????????????

1 hour ago, cat6man said:

well, from Lehigh Valley they sent it to Philadelphia, then back to Newark at 8am this morning, giving me hope I'd get it today.

however after holding it all day in Newark, at 5:23pm today it was recorded as sent from Newark to Kearny, NJ........maybe everyone at usps has left early for the long weekend and they are shipping stuff around to get their desks clear and pass the potato

hopefully they won't keep it until after the holiday weekend.

KEY POINT:  those of you who have received your units, why are there no reviews of audio quality????????????

I would send you mine, but I don't even have one:) I just have a early prototype here for testing.

1 hour ago, cat6man said:

A few posts back we told people it takes 24-48 hours to get into the really sounding good state, maybe everybody is taking that to heart? Although wend could audiophiles ever WAIT when they have new gear.

John S.

12 hours ago, cat6man said:

I have mine (along with the Starter Kit) and intend to install it today but other than trying it out to confirm that it’s functioning, it’s going to bake for a day or two before I sit down to listen for real. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, vortecjr said:

I'm not planning to buy a bunch of gear to approve it.

Completely understand you don't want to buy all FMC's on the planet... but since you are selling the TP-Link SFP transceiver which I linked, I was hoping you could also test and approve it's own matching TP-Link gigabit FMC...

I understand you want people to buy your opticalModule but it might make the opticalRendu a little more affordable if you could test and  approve the matching TP-Link gigabit FMC:

29 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Completely understand you don't want to buy all FMC's on the planet... but since you are selling the TP-Link SFP transceiver which I linked, I was hoping you could also test and approve it's own matching TP-Link gigabit FMC...

I understand you want people to buy your opticalModule but it might make the opticalRendu a little more affordable if you could test and  approve the matching TP-Link gigabit FMC:

That TP-Link FMC looks fine to me and my guess is that it's going to work just fine.  

After some trouble-shooting issues with non-system optique certified SFP modules and fiber cables, I have been playing my oRendu nonstop since I got it on Thursday. Needed break-in time, for sure. Sounded thin off the bat. Now really starting to open up. To my ears so far it - like the SOtM renderer benefits from my tX-USBUltra but time will tell.. I feel I can begin by power supply tests over the weekend - but now I'm super intrigued by the new Sonore one! When will it be available?