IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

On 3/19/2019 at 8:51 AM, vortecjr said:

This weekend I plan to test this StarTech USB to fiber media converter

1758159361_ScreenShot2019-03-19at8_29_56AM.png.034a2aed88d299aa998735fa8420980f.png

This adapter would allow one to stream from a computer directly via optical Ethernet to an opticalRendu and provide 100% galvanic isolation over the connection. 

There are a couple of versions available on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2ue7hSf

1. StarTech USB A to Fiber Optic Converter, open SFP, Gigabit Ethernet

2. StarTech USB C to Fiber Optic Converter, open SFP, Gigabit Ethernet

My Mac recognized the device and I was able to directly connect and manage my opticalRendu. However, I was only able to stream directly to the opticalRendu via MPD/DLNA with JRiver. The other output modes do not appear to work with this connection scheme. So no systemOptique certification for this product. This is unfortunate for the connection via the MAC, but promising for Linux since the device is automatically recognized. We are going to continue researching this for use in the sonicTransporter series because they have a sophisticated method bridging. I'll keep you posted on any developments.   

On 3/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, R1200CL said:

I was asking for fiber optical interface on a possible new firewall, and the “manufacturer” said they get hot and would need a fan for cooling. 

I don’t think that’s the Sonore product so don’t want to hijack, and I don’t know that board specifically, but in general the fan is on the CPU/SoC not the SFP cage, so the need for cooling really depends on the SoC itself — there are so many variables eg Atom vs Xeon. If the firewall needs to do certain line speed ops, it may need way more CPU than what we need for NAA, UPnP etc. My educated guess is that the Sonore OpticalRendu would do just fine without a fan ;) 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, R1200CL said:

I was asking for fiber optical interface on a possible new firewall, and the “manufacturer” said they get hot and would need a fan for cooling. 

We are not related to that project. I removed the image to avoid confusion. 

On 3/19/2019 at 4:21 AM, vortecjr said:

Currently waiting on cases and fine tuning the operating system. I'm not able to post an expected ship date at this time. 

Any update?

Could it take up to 4 weeks maybe ?

Will everybody that order get the opticalRendu from the first production batch, or is it sold out already. 

44 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

sold out

Congratulations, Jesus!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the following on Sonore's opticalRendu page:

• NOTE: The Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 and LPS-1.2 power supplies are not recommended for use with the opticalRendu

Presumably this is because the current draw of the opticalRendu exceeds that of the LPS. So, for those of us that have multiple LPS's, is it possible to run two LPS in parallel to get the required current? Or, do we wait for UpTone to release an LPS 1.3 with higher current capability? Or, do we simply use another supply altogether?

Bob

3 hours ago, BahamaBob said:

I noticed the following on Sonore's opticalRendu page:

• NOTE: The Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 and LPS-1.2 power supplies are not recommended for use with the opticalRendu

Presumably this is because the current draw of the opticalRendu exceeds that of the LPS. So, for those of us that have multiple LPS's, is it possible to run two LPS in parallel to get the required current? Or, do we wait for UpTone to release an LPS 1.3 with higher current capability? Or, do we simply use another supply altogether?

No worries...we are on it. We have redesigned the opticalRendu and incorporated the newer technology in the opticalModule which is a cleaner design that also uses less power:) So the opticalModule and the opticalRendu are going to be match made in heaven!  

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

No worries...we are on it. We have redesigned the opticalRendu and incorporated the newer technology in the opticalModule which is a cleaner design that also uses less power:) So the opticalModule and the opticalRendu are going to be match made in heaven!  

That’s great.  So I assume you will be removing from the opticalRendu page the contra-indication regarding use of the UltraCap supplies.  :D

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

No worries...we are on it. We have redesigned the opticalRendu and incorporated the new technology in the opticalModule which is a cleaner design that also uses less power:) So the opticalModule and the opticalRendu are going to be match made in heaven!  

As an owner of the ultraRendu + LPS-1 and expecting to upgrade to the opticalRendu, I have to admit that this compatibility is important, without which it was going to be a deal breaker. I, and I assume many other owners, will be very grateful if the opticalRendu works with the Uptone LPS-1. :)

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

On 4/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, vortecjr said:

Not yet. We are working hard thought and I should be able to post some news this weekend.

I know that New England is celebrating Patriot's Day today, so maybe this counts as a 3 day weekend?

Can you share an update Jesus?

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Didn't they change that to Deflatriot's Day?

nah, nothing to do with football.

a revolutionary war remembrance, celebrated with morning baseball at fenway park and the boston marathon.

now also the anniversary of the marathon bombing