IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

When we open up sales on the opticalModules this week you will be able to purchase one from the opticalRendu webpage without shipping fees imposed. Any cheaters will have their purchase refunded. 

How about those of us who upgraded Signature Rendu SE's?  :)

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

7 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

How about those of us who upgraded Signature Rendu SE's?  :)

We are only able to offer the free shipping option on the opticalModule to those who purchase the opticalRendu at the same time because they ship from the same location.   

However, I think we can make some exceptions...just buy the unit and then email me.

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We are only able to offer the free shipping option on the opticalModule to those who purchase the opticalRendu at the same time because they ship from the same location.   

However, I think we can make some exceptions...just buy the unit and then email me.

Thank you.  That would be a kindness. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

20 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Any cheaters will have their purchase refunded

This should be understood as long as you have an opticalRendu ordered, doesn’t matter when, you’re good, and will get free freight on your OM. Correct?

What you’re trying to avoid is anyone purchasing the opticalModule as a single item, and think they get free freight.

Your answer in the other tread was not totally clear to me.

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

This should be understood as long as you have an opticalRendu ordered, doesn’t matter when, you’re good, and will get free freight on your OM. Correct?

What you’re trying to avoid is anyone purchasing the opticalModule as a single item, and think they get free freight.

Your answer in the other tread was not totally clear to me.

The website is clear and you can read between the lines.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:33 PM, vortecjr said:

It may affect production run number two because those tariffs don't kick in right away. 

When we in Norway export abroad, we can deduct the 25 % VAT that normally has to be paid when selling goods domestic. 

If US companies has to pay 25% import duty, can’t this then be deducted when exporting abroad ? As the company will get a 25% refund.

(Unless you’re shipping direct from China to your non US customers). 

26 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

When we in Norway export abroad, we can deduct the 25 % VAT that normally has to be paid when selling goods domestic. 

If US companies has to pay 25% import duty, can’t this then be deducted when exporting abroad ? As the company will get a 25% refund.

(Unless you’re shipping direct from China to your non US customers). 

VAT is a consumption / sales tax paid by every user in the chain. It isn’t paid on exports because the person abroad isn’t in the consumption chain of the country leveling the tax.  That’s why there’s the idea it doesn’t get leveled on exports. Just like other sales taxes when you sell abroad. The concept is that the sale is actually taking place abroad, and not in the jurisdiction of the country leveling the VAT. The person importing the item will have to pay the importing country’s similar VAT/sales taxes. 

Tariffs are a tax specifically leveled against imports and importers to discourage imports. It makes no difference to the country leveling the tax that something is later exported, so why refund the tax?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 5/13/2019 at 5:57 PM, iLguapo said:

Since the last deadline is now past are we to assume that the optical Rendu will ship in the next few days ?.?

We are close enough on this now that I won't make any more guesses on the ship date. The next update will be to notify you that the units are shipping. 

Oh, so... what kind of fiber are your bundled transceivers expecting?  I can't make out the writing on the little picture of an SFP module on the opticalModule page, but looking at the jacket color on the fiber patch cable you're selling, I'm guessing you aren't getting fancy with single-mode fiber, that's probably good ol' OM2 multi-mode?

If so, great, this stuff should work well with my existing fiber runs even if I use your SFP modules!

7 minutes ago, jbm0 said:

Oh, so... what kind of fiber are your bundled transceivers expecting?  I can't make out the writing on the little picture of an SFP module on the opticalModule page, but looking at the jacket color on the fiber patch cable you're selling, I'm guessing you aren't getting fancy with single-mode fiber, that's probably good ol' OM2 multi-mode?

If so, great, this stuff should work well with my existing fiber runs even if I use your SFP modules!

OM-1 LC-LC is the standard, recommended fiber cable.  Any other options would be considered experimental.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

On 5/12/2019 at 3:26 AM, vortecjr said:

Just ordered the module without a power supply and the postage was a reasonable $8.75  to my US address.  Sure beats that $25 figure that was in the placeholder order link earlier this month!

5 hours ago, incus said:

...direct server to Dac connection.

How are you doing this connection with an opticalRendu?

I'm also curious about the PS setup? Please keep in mind that the opticalRendu uses a bit more power compared to microRendu and ultraRendu. I would consult with you power supply specifications and with your DAC specifications. The following is from the opticalRendu product webpage:

• Power input: 2A peak current and 1.5A continuous current at 6-9 VDC output
  • Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1/LPS-1.2 power supplies - for use with USB devices that do not use USB bus power
1 hour ago, Mike Rubin said:

Just ordered the module without a power supply and the postage was a reasonable $8.75  to my US address.  Sure beats that $25 figure that was in the placeholder order link earlier this month!

We modernized the checkout process on our webpage and it calculates the shipping based on the weight and the actual service. There was a lot of work going on behind the curtains to make this product launch:) 

32 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

How are you doing this connection with an opticalRendu?

I'm also curious about the PS setup? Please keep in mind that the opticalRendu uses a bit more power compared to microRendu and ultraRendu. I would consult with you power supply specifications and with your DAC specifications. The following is from the opticalRendu product webpage:

• Power input: 2A peak current and 1.5A continuous current at 6-9 VDC output
  • Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1/LPS-1.2 power supplies - for use with USB devices that do not use USB bus power 

Sorry maybe I was not clear. I plan to compare the following: server direct to DAC vs. server through switch to SOtM renderer to DAC vs. server through switch to opticalRendu to DAC.

The DAC I will use to test does not use bus power so UltraCap LPS1.2 should work on the opticalRendu. I can test 7V and 9V. The others all have ample amperage. SOtM PS set to 7V or 9V. TLS LPS on 9V and Vinnie Rossi is 7V.