IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

4 minutes ago, goon525 said:

There are differences. In particular, the US is behind Europe. This is mainly about licensing issues.

What about differences between countries in Europe?

Do they provide a better service in UK than in Germany for example?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

12 minutes ago, matthias said:

What about differences between countries in Europe?

Do they provide a better service in UK than in Germany for example?

Matt

Even within the EU there is still no common market for digital rights. Providers like Qobuz must deal with the right owners, usually the labels, for each country to get the license for streaming and additionally the local price conditions for reselling.

2 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

Even within the EU there is still no common market for digital rights. Providers like Qobuz must deal with the right owners, usually the labels, for each country to get the license for streaming and additionally the local price conditions for reselling.

OK,

another question:

Do exist SQ differences between countries in Europe?

Matt

If there would be differences, how would we know?

As far as I am concerned , I am living in 1 country.

Most probably there are people that live in 2 countries, but again 1at the time.

And if those people would make use of Qobuz at these different homes, the chances are nill that they would listen to the same setup.

The telecom provider is by definition different.

Not wanting to offend you, but your question is really not relevant

Dirk

Hi Matthias

I do understand that Qobuz or Tidal or Spotify or .... can have different SQ due to different IT infrastructure in their own and/or rented datacenters. At the other hand, I am sure that either streaming company will make a lot of efforts to standardize their IT 8!frastructure, even if they will rent it as a service from e.g. AWS (Amazon).

Big part of the infrastructure delivering the goods(digital data) in your home, are the local telecom provider(s). Nothing the streaming companies can control.

The point I was trying to make is that I would not immediately think about moving from Belgium to e.g. France it Qobuz would be delivering better sound quality over there.

Dirk

"I just tried Qobuz Studio.

Sound quality seems to be fine, but I am missing two of my favourite albums:

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy"

Ry Cooder Film Music "Paris, Texas"

...both the Ry Cooder and the Dylan are available in Italia

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

2 hours ago, davidovada said:

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy"

Ry Cooder Film Music "Paris, Texas"

...both the Ry Cooder and the Dylan are available in Italia

Nice, but why not in Germany?

Matt

Ry Cooder "Paris, Texas" is available at Qobuz in Belgium.

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy" apparently has disappeared also in Belgium.

A couple of months ago, this album was even granted a Qobuz Discography 'label' (or award).  I know this for sure as I have tagged (and added) all Qobuz Discography albums to my library.

Now it is even not mentioned there anymore (search  and manual check of about 800 albums).

However, as I own this album, I still have it in my library .

Dirk

3 hours ago, matthias said:

Nice, but why not in Germany?

Matt

You should ask this question the accountable local product managers from Columbia Records or Warner Bros.

I've done this for several HiRes albums that are available in the US, but not in Europe or Germany.  As well I asked about the reasons for price differences > 800 % for some HiRes box sets within Europe. Of course, I never got a feedback. 

16 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

You should ask this question the accountable local product managers from Columbia Records or Warner Bros.

I've done this for several HiRes albums that are available in the US, but not in Europe or Germany.  As well I asked about the reasons for price differences > 800 % for some HiRes box sets within Europe. Of course, I never got a feedback. 

OK, but is the problem really Germany, when other streaming services in Germany apparently are offering these albums?

Matt

On 5/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, matthias said:

Do Qobuz offer in all countries the same music or do exist differences?

Matt

All countries have differences. All products doesn't come from the same supplier that's why we have differences between store.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 hour ago, matthias said:

OK, but is the problem really Germany, when other streaming services in Germany apparently are offering these albums?

Matt

Different vendors who have separate contracts with each streaming company. So every country has its own issues on the various services. Perhaps the very biggest services (Spotify, Apple...) have the resources to lock this down everywhere, but other than those, it's a matter of trying to reach reasonable contractual agreements with as many vendors as possible in each country.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:19 AM, Daverz said:

Yes, it happens with Tidal, too, though it seemed to me less often.  That may be because I was using Qobuz more lately.  I added some buffer space in Squeezelite and the problem has not reoccurred, though that may just be a coincidence.

No, this is not just a coincidence.

The Qobuz track skipping issue is an issue of the Qobuz CloudFront servers. These servers sometimes disconnect the TCP stream when it is  divided in chunks. The only way to solve the issue is to download the whole track in one go. So to provide a large buffer for the track is a good idea.

Anyone having issues after the last update a few days ago ? I sure am issue after issue, the latest is the bar at the bottom indicating how much time is left on a song, sometimes I like to rewind a little to hear part of a piece over and after this last update almost every time it crashes the app when I do that never did that before. Wish Qobuz had their own forum's really weird not to now days.. 

16 minutes ago, abvolt said:

Anyone having issues after the last update a few days ago ? I sure am issue after issue, the latest is the bar at the bottom indicating how much time is left on a song, sometimes I like to rewind a little to hear part of a piece over and after this last update almost every time it crashes the app when I do that never did that before. Wish Qobuz had their own forum's really weird not to now days.. 

I can't reproduce that and am not experiencing other issues with version 5.0.4 for Windows, but it will help Qobuz if you report all problems via https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/help/contact

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

David,

I was hoping for an answer to -- even better, action on -- my request that one be provided some way to catalog the haystack of "favorite" releases (albums). An ideal way would be to allow virtual folders or subfolders. I can see making folders for "To listen" as well as various genres that I enjoy. I find the current system quite user-unfriendly.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I started my trial of Qobuz, however I am having a problem streaming high definition albums. When streaming a high definition track pops can be heard until after a few minutes the track becomes altogether distorted and unlistenable. The laptop I am using for streaming is old and underpowered, however it runs Tidal perfectly and operates under Windows 10. I have no issues on my main computer. Anyone has any idea on how to fix this? I do not wish to get a new laptop at this moment, so unless this can be corrected I will have no option but to cancel my Qoboz membership, whose main attraction is the high definition offering, seeing how Tidal offers a vastly greater catalogue of CD-quality titles. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance.