IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 4/11/2019 at 10:28 PM, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

It will happen from time to me with LMS as well.  No where near as much as with Tidal though.  Tidal skipped using both LMS and Volumio a few times a night.  Qobuz only once every few days.

Linux issue perhaps?  I've seen it using both the latest versions of Mint and Ubuntu Studio w/ LMS 7.9.2.  It does not seem like any buffers are overflowing or it would happen to me more often.   Seems to me more like random memory corruption or loss of a handshake w/ remote server.

Yes, it happens with Tidal, too, though it seemed to me less often.  That may be because I was using Qobuz more lately.  I added some buffer space in Squeezelite and the problem has not reoccurred, though that may just be a coincidence.

6 hours ago, austinpop said:

+1000

The current support is painful. Not only are public playlists not searchable by key word, you can't just take an URL like the above and paste it into Roon or even the Qobuz app! You have to navigate the URL in a browser, then select Play in Qobuz, then in the Qobuz app, "heart" it, and only then does it show up in your playlists in Roon. Eventually - whenever Roon next syncs with Qobuz. 9_9

<sarcasm>

Could Qobuz please make this a little more convoluted? The above is just too easy to do.

</sarcasm>

Wow you found a way to do that.  I had not!  I was using the playlist converter website... 

17 hours ago, austinpop said:

you can't just take an URL like the above and paste it into Roon or even the Qobuz app! You have to navigate the URL in a browser, then select Play in Qobuz, then in the Qobuz app, "heart" it, and only then does it show up in your playlists in Roon. Eventually - whenever Roon next syncs with Qobuz. 9_9

The https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2217450 URL can be pasted on the BubbleUPnP Android app's playlist via its add stream URL function and it works. The full list of tracks appear and they can played by the controlled UPnP/DLNA or Chromecast streamer as normal!

So may be that particular deficiency is a Roon (and Qobuz app) issue, as the BubbleUPnP app is accessing Qobuz via the normal Qobuz third party partner provided API.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

8 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

The https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2217450 URL can be pasted on the BubbleUPnP Android app's playlist via its add stream URL function and it works. The full list of tracks appear and they can played by the controlled UPnP/DLNA or Chromecast streamer as normal!

So may be that particular deficiency is a Roon (and Qobuz app) issue, as the BubbleUPnP app is accessing Qobuz via the normal Qobuz third party partner provided API.

Is there a similarly easy way to add the public playlist via the Qobuz app itself? 

Yes, relatively easily - the Android share feature as I outlined in a previous post in this thread:

also works with a public playlist.

Of course, you've still got the hassle of having to use a web browser first, to get to the public playlist via the URL and then to select play to get you to the Qobuz app.

It's much quicker to just select share from the web browser, especially if it's Chrome, as Chrome remembers the last app you shared to - just makes it two taps before music starts playing controlled via BubbleUPnP!

Which has just reminded me:

@David Craff - Would it be possible to get the Qobuz Android app's Share function to remember the last app it shared with, so you don't have to keep reselecting the chosen app from a list - so similar to the Google Chrome browser?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

12 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Yes, relatively easily - the Android share feature as I outlined in a previous post in this thread:

Unfortunately, does not help those of us not on Android and BubbleUPnP.

Maybe I'm missing something, but when someone sends you a link to an album or playlist, say in an email or a forum post, what are the steps to go from the URL - like https://open.qobuz.com/album/0075597939187 - to having it open in the Qobuz app? Forget UPnP and Android. Just a general question on any platform.

Ideally, I'd like to click the link in my browser and have it open up in the Qobuz app. That doesn't seem to work. I sometimes have better luck by editing the URL from https://open.qobuz.com/album/0075597939187 to https://play.qobuz.com/album/0075597939187

So I stand by my comment - this is needlessly complicated. There should be a way in Qobuz or Roon to just paste in the URL.

43 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but when someone sends you a link to an album or playlist, say in an email or a forum post, what are the steps to go from the URL - like https://open.qobuz.com/album/0075597939187 - to having it open in the Qobuz app? Forget UPnP and Android. Just a general question on any platform.

Just click the web page's Listen on Qobuz button?

-- Jo Cox

8 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Just click the Listen on Qobuz button?

Yes - I think I have a stale cookies issue in my Chrome browser. When I click on the open.qobuz.com/... link, I just get taken to Qobuz home page.

I tried it on a pristine browser I don't normally use, and I get the Listen on Qobuz button. So I'll flush cookies and try again.

Even so... until I can search public playlists or paste an URL directly into Qobuz or Roon, I don't consider this a solution.

Going by how the Android share mechanism appears to work, it looks like the Listen on Qobuz function is just a private shortcut for 'pasting' the URL directly into, so sharing it with, the Qobuz app - with it all hidden in the background, so delibrately not exposing the shared URL to Qobuz app's UI.

Getting the URL pasted into Roon is another issue.

Certainly providing a search function for public playlists for all Qobuz supporting applications would eliminate the need to paste their URLs.

-- Jo Cox

17 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Of course, you've still got the hassle of having to use a web browser first, to get to the public playlist via the URL and then to select play to get you to the Qobuz app.

It's much quicker to just select share from the web browser, especially if it's Chrome, as Chrome remembers the last app you shared to - just makes it two taps before music starts playing controlled via BubbleUPnP!

Which has just reminded me:

@David Craff - Would it be possible to get the Qobuz Android app's Share function to remember the last app it shared with, so you don't have to keep reselecting the chosen app from a list - so similar to the Google Chrome browser?

I'll forward your demande to the mobile product manager.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

17 hours ago, austinpop said:

Unfortunately, does not help those of us not on Android and BubbleUPnP.

Ideally, I'd like to click the link in my browser and have it open up in the Qobuz app. That doesn't seem to work. I sometimes have better luck by editing the URL from https://open.qobuz.com/album/0075597939187 to https://play.qobuz.com/album/0075597939187

So I stand by my comment - this is needlessly complicated. There should be a way in Qobuz or Roon to just paste in the URL.

When you view an open.qobuz link, the page that appears will search for a Qobuz application installed on the device. If an application is detected, the opening will be done in it. This works more or less well, as application detection is not obvious.

If the detection does not work properly you can press the "Read on Qobuz" link. At that time the url will be a url specific to Qobuz applications. When installing an application, it will indicate to the operating systems that it is able to manage this type of url.

Hi @David Craff

I've transferred my Tidal playlists and Tidal favourite artists over to Qobuz for Studio streaming trial.

Q1) I have a Tidal playlist with 4000 tracks but only 1000 show in Qobuz desktop app on macOS. Is there a 1000 track limit in Qobuz? If so, can this limit be changed to something like 10000 (like Spotify)...

Q2) Is there a way to know when an artist that I follow in Qobuz releases new music? A bit like the 'For You' section that Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal Desktop App has? I follow 1200 artists and love to know whenever they release new tracks, albums, EP's like Spotify, Apple, Tidal notify me.

47 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi @David Craff

I've transferred my Tidal playlists and Tidal favourite artists over to Qobuz for Studio streaming trial.

Q1) I have a Tidal playlist with 4000 tracks but only 1000 show in Qobuz desktop app on macOS. Is there a 1000 track limit in Qobuz? If so, can this limit be changed to something like 10000 (like Spotify)...

Q2) Is there a way to know when an artist that I follow in Qobuz releases new music? A bit like the 'For You' section that Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal Desktop App has? I follow 1200 artists and love to know whenever they release new tracks, albums, EP's like Spotify, Apple, Tidal notify me.

Hi,

Q1) Playlist  are limit to 1000 tracks on Qobuz. Is not possible at the moment to upgrade this limit. Sorry

Q2) This feature is in the backlog but not yet available.

Regards

11 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Also @David Craff

First album I searched is Immigrance by Snarkpy Puppy and it's nowhere to be found 😞

My Qobuz account is US and my Tidal account is also US and has this album.

Trial not off to a great start 😭

This album is available https://open.qobuz.com/album/t4ijcf055nlza

I don't know your query but even if I used " Immigrance by Snarkpy Puppy" (mistake on Snarky) I found the release.

Regards

8 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Q1) Playlist  are limit to 1000 tracks on Qobuz. Is not possible at the moment to upgrade this limit. Sorry

Oh dear. I see there's a Roon Qobuz thread with people requesting the same. Please ask your dev team to consider this feature request (to remove this 1000 track limit for playlists).

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-beta-playlist-limit-1-000-songs/61790

5 minutes ago, David Craff said:

This album is available https://open.qobuz.com/album/t4ijcf055nlza

I don't know your query but even if I used " Immigrance by Snarkpy Puppy" (mistake on Snarky) I found the release.

Regards

Screenshot for Snarky Puppy artist page. Albums sorted by release date, so Immigrance should be 2nd from the top...

161172811_ScreenShot2019-04-26at9_59_12pm.thumb.png.7c3646757728bd18b6845966e7651385.png

886117938_ScreenShot2019-04-26at9_59_28pm.thumb.png.30f88650a4f5d2930c9ac40ee04f5d31.png

5 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Oh dear. I see there's a Roon Qobuz thread with people requesting the same. Please ask your dev team to consider this feature request (to remove this 1000 track limit for playlists).

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-beta-playlist-limit-1-000-songs/61790

I will.

5 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Screenshot for Snarky Puppy artist page. Albums sorted by release date, so Immigrance should be 2nd from the top...

161172811_ScreenShot2019-04-26at9_59_12pm.thumb.png.7c3646757728bd18b6845966e7651385.png

886117938_ScreenShot2019-04-26at9_59_28pm.thumb.png.30f88650a4f5d2930c9ac40ee04f5d31.png

My bas I did not use the good profil. This release is not yet available for US. Goal is to get same catalog for US and EU.

2 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

But as per my first post... my Tidal US account has it...

Deals are not the same for EU and US country. Issues is not Tidal has it but Qobuz need to negociate with major to get the deals for US. We have this deals for EU so there will be no problem to get it for US.

4 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Deals are not the same for EU and US country. Issues is not Tidal has it but Qobuz need to negociate with major to get the deals for US. We have this deals for EU so there will be no problem to get it for US.

Ok now I understand.

When you said "This release is not yet available for US" you mean for 'Qobuz US' specifically.

Not for US in general...

I may not continue after my trial is finished. Until later in the year when hopefully these 3 things improve:

1. Qobuz US catalogue is brought up to speed, to at least match Tidal US...

2. Playlist 1000 track limit is removed...

3. A 'For You' section to notify of new releases for favourited artists...

These 3 things are unfortunately major showstoppers for me on Day 1 of my trial, but I'm sure by end of the year these 3 things (at least first 2) will be improved.

This is not a complaint - please just consider it as polite feedback.