IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Something I would like very much . . . the ability to make folders of favorite albums. If the idea is that a streaming service is to replace, to some degree, one's own library, there is a definite need to be able to add some organization to albums one would like to listen to again. I imagine that after using Qobuz for years I will have hundreds, if not thousands of them.

4 hours ago, Mike48 said:

Something I would like very much . . . the ability to make folders of favorite albums. If the idea is that a streaming service is to replace, to some degree, one's own library, there is a definite need to be able to add some organization to albums one would like to listen to again. I imagine that after using Qobuz for years I will have hundreds, if not thousands of them.

I brought this idea up a while back both here and on Roon Community. In the stand-alone Qobuz app your Playlists can basically do what you are talking about. Just add your favorites to a playlist. You can have any number of playlists and have them organized by topic i.e. Piano, World, Jazz, Bach etc. The playlists can be viewed in Album View in the standalone Qobuz app.

The issue for me is that I use Qobuz mainly via Roon because that gives me remote control. The Roon interface is a bit lacking. If you create a playlist the only view you get if a long list of tracks. If you have a long playlist, either Roon or Qobuz(they are separate), then it is cumbersome to pick out a specific album, especially if you forgot the name, without a lot of scrolling. Roon needs to offer Album View for their playlists. That could not be too hard to do. I made this suggestion on Roon Community many months ago but got no official reply post.

Perhaps Qobuz could lobby Roon for this?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Regarding new Classical releases in the US on the Qobuz Windows App:

Has anyone noticed that with some new releases, particulary on Naxos, one or two of the tracks is greyed out and unplayable at any resolution? For example, Herbert Howells, Chamber Music, released on April 11, 2019, track 9 is greyed out; Havergal Brian, Symphonies Nos. 7 and 16, released on May 9, 2019, tracks 4 and 6 are greyed out.

Is this limited to certain labels who don't want people to be able to hear the whole recording, and therefore encourage them to buy it instead? Or is something else going on? I hope Qobuz can provide some insight into this.

6 hours ago, Em2016 said:

this is to ensure bit perfect playback of course.

It's to avoid other apps or processes taking control of the audio system while music is playing, and is not related to sending a "bit perfect" (no sample rate conversion or other DSP used) stream to the DAC.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, Jud said:

It's to avoid other apps or processes taking control of the audio system while music is playing,

This also ensures bit perfect playback...

Anyway, it’s a feature request I’d like to pass on to Qobuz. Tidal desktop app supports this for some time.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Em2016 said:

Hi @David Craff

I have the latest version of Qobuz desktop for macOS (5.0.3 -b16)

But there is no 'exclusive mode' option that i can see , like the Tidal desktop app has... this is to ensure bit perfect playback of course.

Is 'exclusive mode' coming to the desktop app?

Hi,

Exclusive mode is available on Windows but not on Mac for the Desktop. I will look at this.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, Em2016 said:

Hi @David Craff

Some feedback. I am looking for a new r&b album (by JAMESDAVIS) released today.

But when I go to 'all new releases' for the r&b section, it's not there.

So it's more like 'selected' new releases instead of 'all' new releases.

Is it possible to actually add all new releases, to the 'all new releases' section for the genre?

2036807609_ScreenShot2019-05-10at8_05_13pm.thumb.png.4ddd8ea5348115a2513942c4dc6b5ac5.png

341162011_ScreenShot2019-05-10at8_04_56pm.thumb.png.a4f134a393ca681a2d2c00e1a31258b5.png

Hi,

You are right, this is more selected new releases. It's not possible to display all releases and get a clean discover page. This is a selection. Discover page is more Showcase page for new release.

To get all new release is better to use the search engine like that : JAMESDAVIS #newrelease

We are working on a way to browse the catalogue by genre.

Regards

11 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I know that some artist page are not clear. So this search can help. And in this search is not focus on the artist but on the query "JAMESDAVID", result can be different thant the artist page.

As indicated we are working on a way to browse the catalogue by genre in another way. I think it will meet your needs.

Thanks @David Craff

On 5/14/2019 at 5:06 PM, David Craff said:

Hi

It is an identified but specific issue that we cannot easily reproduce on our machines. Our development team is still working on it to find a solution.

Regards

Hi,

For people who have this issue "very slow W10 Qobuz app". You can contact me by private message. A release test with a fix for this issue, will be available in two weeks. If you want to test this release before production.

Regards

I just tried Qobuz Studio.

Sound quality seems to be fine, but I am missing two of my favourite albums:

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy"

Ry Cooder Film Music "Paris, Texas"

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

5 minutes ago, goon525 said:

Here in the UK, no problem finding the Dylan album. Strangely, the Ry Cooder seems to be missing at the moment - and yet dozens of other Ry Cooder albums ARE available.

Stangely, I did not find both albums on Qobuz Germany.

Both seem to be available on Tidal.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)