IGNORED

How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

One more thing before i take a nap....

Even if nothing comes of this thread, just bringing it to light to some of the offenders, i will hope they can see that they are being hurtful to others for simply their own amusement, or the others they "tag along with"....

....just maybe the offenders will think twice before they make their "so-called witty post" realizing they may be hurting others, not just the person they are attacking, but all the others that witness their abuse as well. 

With every action in life, one is either contributing or destroying humanity....the choice is theirs.

7 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

One more thing before i take a nap....

Even if nothing comes of this thread, just bringing it to light to some of the offenders, i will hope they can see that they are being hurtful to others for simply their own amusement, or the others they "tag along with"....

....just maybe the offenders will think twice before they make their "so-called witty post" realizing they may be hurting others, not just the person they are attacking, but all the others that witness their abuse as well. 

With every action in life, one is either contributing or destroying humanity....the choice is theirs.

Concentrate more  on what is posted, not on who posted it. And look at  replies, on all sorts of threads, to people other than yourself. Whether  you agree  with either side, neither, or both, doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, bigbob said:

You have implied that my reviews about iFi and Schiit products.

I didn't accuse you of anything.  I asked if you got any compensation.  I wasn't aware of a program they offered where you can get a free loaner and free shipping (both directions?).  That is compensation imho....I probably would have done it myself so i could have avoided paying a couple hundred bucks in restocking fees. 

I guess with one company you got free merchandise after the review....Maybe that is how it works in some cases...i really didn't know which is why i asked.  You just misunderstood my questioning as accusations, when that was not true.

The fact that you resort to getting hostile about some simple questioning is curious in itself.

You even admitted that you wouldn't want to say anything bad against any manufacturer....and that is understandable as you do build a type of relationship....that is bias...

24 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

I didn't accuse you of anything.  I asked if you got any compensation.  I wasn't aware of a program they offered where you can get a free loaner and free shipping (both directions?).  That is compensation imho....I probably would have done it myself so i could have avoided paying a couple hundred bucks in restocking fees. 

I guess with one company you got free merchandise after the review....Maybe that is how it works in some cases...i really didn't know which is why i asked.  You just misunderstood my questioning as accusations, when that was not true.

The fact that you resort to getting hostile about some simple questioning is curious in itself.

You even admitted that you wouldn't want to say anything bad against any manufacturer....and that is understandable as you do build a type of relationship....that is bias...

No bias no payment no free stuff. Honest opinion based on my listen.

What difference does it make to you anyhow? You have been lured in by "Professional" reviews which you implied we're corrupt. Now retired they can be honest... your words.

I think you are jealous... Green with envy. I decided to be a real reviewer, and accept no compensation. So they send me entry level items. And by return freight, they get them back. No restocking fee because I don't want to buy them. When I get $350, I will pay full price for my stack of Schiit.

Maybe up the dosage of you SSRI... You are beating a long since dead horse too long. Move along.

I do not remember such public fear and loathing from my younger days.  I guess we all had opinions but there was no place, outside of dry technical or political journals or grumpy letters to the editor, to express our opinions and, in general, differences were expressed in a much more respectful manner.   

Then, at the same time political divisions began to turn toxic, (thanks Newt) came the internet.   Bob Dole, Sam Rayburn, Lyndon Johnson all had strong opinions, but they worked out their differences and compromised with each other to get at least a portion of whatever goal they wanted to advance.  Can we look at the collection of self serving morons of both parties "serving" in our government today and see anyone who would compromise - even when it may be in the best interest of the country?

I don't think there is much hope for any internet discussion where the least bit of controversy can surface.  Hell, 50% of the accounts on twitter are robots,  kind of makes you wonder why any company would pay to put an ad on Twitter,  I mean some Russian troll/robot is not in the market for American Rice a Roni.  Anyway, discourse has become course, the haters and trolls dominate many internet conversations and the tide of history is drifting back toward authoritarianism, look at Poland, a country which lived under the Russian heel for decades, electing a president who would love to restrict the personal freedoms of the Polish people.  French Jews are fleeing France because the French government cannot protect them from hate attacks. Our wonderful NATO partner Turkey is a dictatorship, wonderful, and we worry about MQA.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

16 minutes ago, bigbob said:

No bias no payment no free stuff. Honest opinion based on my listen.

What difference does it make to you anyhow? You have been lured in by "Professional" reviews which you implied we're corrupt. Now retired they can be honest... your words.

I think you are jealous... Green with envy. I decided to be a real reviewer, and accept no compensation. So they send me entry level items. And by return freight, they get them back. No restocking fee because I don't want to buy them. When I get $350, I will pay full price for my stack of Schiit.

You already admitted bias and free stuff. (just that the free stuff came after the review and your statement that you wouldn't want to say anything bad about any manufacturer shows bias.

I would not say corrupt, that is your choice of words, and it is akin to your saying that you wouldn't want to say anything bad about any manufacturer. 

I wasn't lured by them in anyway either....i don't know where you got that from.

I think everyone understands that a professional reviewer that doesn't say good things about the products they review, isn't going to stay in business long....corrupt no....that is your choice of words....it's just the nature of the business.

21 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

You already admitted bias and free stuff. (just that the free stuff came after the review and your statement that you wouldn't want to say anything bad about any manufacturer shows bias.

We all have a bias, and no, I don't write good reviews to get free stuff. Establishing a relationship with a manufacturer is called doing business. I know this is a complex thought which is baffling to you--but just because I get free Schiit sent to me, and you don't. You are just jealous...

Perseveration, continually repeating the same thing as in: "Perseveration according to psychology, psychiatry, and speech-language pathology is the repetition of a particular response (such as a word, phrase, or gesture) regardless of the absence or cessation of a stimulus. It is usually caused by a brain injury or other organic disorder."

21 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

I would not say corrupt, that is your choice of words, and it is akin to your saying that you wouldn't want to say anything bad about any manufacturer. 

I wasn't lured by them in anyway either....i don't know where you got that from.

I think everyone understands that a professional reviewer that doesn't say good things about the products they review, isn't going to stay in business long....corrupt no....that is your choice of words....it's just the nature of the business.

I understand...no football, NASCAR is waiting to start, nothing better to do....

22 minutes ago, bigbob said:

We all have a bias, and no, I don't write good reviews to get free stuff. Establishing a relationship with a manufacturer is called doing business. I know this is a complex thought which is baffling to you--but just because I get free Schiit sent to me, and you don't.

agree there is always bias...it seems in a couple posts back you inferred you didn't have bias while almost simultaneously saying you would have a hard time saying anything that wasn't positive about a manufacturer.

Agree with everything you said above (except the baffling part...i already guessed it), which is a bit different than your first take.

23 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

Is it ok to make posts that infer name calling as long as we don't call them a name?

Like your comments are moronic ?

Or post pictures that infer someone is idiotic?

How about general troll posts just to stir the pot?

How do we go about reporting abuse?

Can't we do anything to curb the disrespectful and troll posts?

It seems certain individuals are allowed to make troll and disrespectful posts more than others?

It would be nice to have a more respectful and mature website

:D

I haven't been on this forum long enough to know how Chris moderates, but I certainly am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and didn't mean to imply he's not already doing a great job.  If my comments were interpreted as such, I'm sorry.  I should've worded them more carefully.  

6 minutes ago, buonassi said:

I haven't been on this forum long enough to know how Chris moderates, but I certainly am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and didn't mean to imply he's not already doing a great job.  If my comments were interpreted as such, I'm sorry.  I should've worded them more carefully.  

For what it's worth, I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote my comment.

3 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

For what it's worth, I wasn't thinking of you when I wrote my comment.

thanks.  Still....I need to get back to enjoying and learning - not musing on draconian "forum banishment systems".  I went back and read my comments.  Perhaps amusing to me, not really helpful to the site.  

OK, I'm leaving the topic.... see you guys in other threads. 

On 2/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, crenca said:

Such a system is too easily abused - particularly in Audiophiledom where the divide between "subjectivists" and "objectivists" is real and intractable.

Chris's system (he is the benign dictator) is better...

We had the system for voting up or down and it was abused by a few people. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png