IGNORED

How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

To keggers n' tunes (the OP's) original question, I would personally draw the line at "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"?

Finland!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

23 hours ago, rando said:

Tell me, people of Oz.  Have you ever watched "The Katering Show" and if so what were your thoughts on the episode they cooked roo?    What did the kangaroo do?  :)

NSFW offensive humor and language probable.  

Nah, never heard of that pair and did not bother to watch the clip, but there are an awful lot of roos out there though.  They are generally a pest and their population control/culling is regulated and even if we wanted to I doubt they could ever be made extinct such is the vast open spaces they inhabit and the unbelievable efficiency of their reproduction. 

I was explaining to a friend from the Netherlands a while back that the local government area (a Shire) that my wife was born and raised in is larger than his entire country but the population is 5,000 or so.  Most of northern and western Australia is like that...more room than you know what to do with.

2 minutes ago, acg said:

The whole life/death/sustenance/providence cycles are one of the few things city kids are too sheltered from in comparison to their country cousins, in my opinion of course.

I guess that is the case for many people who have never lived on the land.

It would be nice though if all animals, including humans, were born as vegetarians.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I guess that is the case for many people who have never lived on the land.

It would be nice though if all animals, including humans, were born as vegetarians.

Life is life.  Give that a piece of thought next time you pull a plant out of the ground for the purpose of your own survival.  

1 minute ago, rando said:

I don't eat Turkey or Chicken.  The internet is full of photos and stories that fully explain humane practice, such as @acg promotes, and the inhumane actions portrayed by commercial bird farms.

We had a case in Australia recently where a company was caught out throwing live chickens into boiling water.:o

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

We had a case in Australia recently where a company was caught out throwing live chickens into boiling water.:o

That's just not cricket.

It's not acceptable anywhere in any circumstances.

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Oh NO, we still throw lobster in boiling water , but in Switzerland, they must ensure the Lobster is comfortably numb O.o

The Truth Is Out There

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

And that is something that was evidently seen to occur.  What about the feral cat and dog problem and their devastation of native mammals in this country?  The boffins reckon cats kill millions of small animals each night but cats are cute and cuddly and whenever a cat cull is mentioned the cityfolk get all righteous because of the moggie they had when they were a kid or the one they have now that they let out at night and it gets a bird or two and maybe a lizard before coming back in the morning for its Whiskers and a saucer of milk.

Australia has no native cats.  One native dog.  But millions of feral cats and dogs.  The cats are interesting.  They are like Darwins evolution in action because in 200 years since their introduction the feral variants are starting to get much, much larger than their domesticated brethren.

2 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Oh NO, we still throw lobster in boiling water , but in Switzerland, they must ensure the Lobster is comfortably numb O.o

What, the Swiss torture lobsters with Pink Floyd? THAT REALLY IS TORTURE.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

7 minutes ago, acg said:

The boffins reckon cats kill millions of small animals each night but cats are cute and cuddly and whenever a cat cull is mentioned the cityfolk get all righteous because of the moggie they had when they were a kid or the one they have now that they let out at night and it gets a bird or two and maybe a lizard before coming back in the morning for its Whiskers and a saucer of milk.

Responsible cat owners keep their cats inside at night.

11 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Responsible cat owners keep their cats inside at night.

They do.

But that horse has already bolted.

I do have a feral cat story that some may find a little interesting.  The feed shed at the farm holds lots of grain and hay and other commodities and just to the south of it are two big silage pads.  Rats and mice love this area.  Snakes love the rats and mice.  We usually have lots of rodents and snakes around that area and in times past we have spent lots of money and time on chemicals and deterrents that ultimately did not work.

So one day, instead of culling all of the feral cats we identified a ginger tortoiseshell looking one that had taken up residence in the roof of one of the sheds and let her be.  She has proven to be very predictable because she always has her litter in the same place in that roof and the kittens are easy to dispose of when it comes time to manage the population.  What that cat and her selected progeny do is control the population of the rats and mice like no chemicals were ever able to achieve.  She also keeps the snakes under control by raiding their nests in the vicinity and by removing the reptiles primary food source.  

Sometimes, when the rodents get a bit thin on the ground she and her tiny crew start killing birds and as soon as that starts we put a little dried cat food in the big shed and that controls the situation.  If/when birds are still being taken we reduce the cat population accordingly and the status quo returns.  The system works brilliantly.  Nature gets its way, we use zero chemicals to kill the rodents, the snakes nest further away from where we are, and the native birds are not decimated by the cats.  Win-win-win-win.

Those feral kittens are the funniest tiny things.  They hiss and spit and scratch you right from when their eyes are open:  there has never been a pliant or calm kitten in all these years and my kids no longer bother to try to pat them if they see them.  It has not taken many generations for the domesticated to become truly feral again!