IGNORED

How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

SNAP is an acronym for food stamps - a monthly free allocation of wine would be my preference

The shoema....  Oh, you said wine.  :)

Much seems a poor choice of word that doesn't account for frequency and level of attack.  I don't see someone who actually contributes - when they do post - voicing discontent, outside the realm of personal attacks, towards a subject or group that has reached the point of needing to speak out against it as the problem here.  That is the textbook definition of forum.    

Habitual needling, corrosively staining everything touched, and placing intellectual befuddling well above (if not as the solitary purpose) intellectual advancement strike me as tendencies that do need to be metered.  GFYM stands in stark relief if you remove these elements.  This wasn't a comment aimed at you, Ralf, so much as a comment directly replying to someone directly engaging in this thread who is an active part of the environment here.   

16 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I hope that's not your entire food budget...

When I am in a Chronic phase of Audiophilia--you might be amazed at how I survive. Money spent around here falls into two categories: Food or Stereo. Like "guns vs. butter" I often chose Stereo over Food, and I was surprised yesterday to weigh-in at the clinic, and have lost 38 lbs. (10% of my body weight) in the past few months. So much for the ameliorating effects of Hi-Res Audio...:D

2 hours ago, bigbob said:

When I am in a Chronic phase of Audiophilia--you might be amazed at how I survive. Money spent around here falls into two categories: Food or Stereo. Like "guns vs. butter" I often chose Stereo over Food, and I was surprised yesterday to weigh-in at the clinic, and have lost 38 lbs. (10% of my body weight) in the past few months. So much for the ameliorating effects of Hi-Res Audio...:D

That's dedication.  I think I would choose food every day of the week over audio.

No electron left behind.

24 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

That's dedication.  I think I would choose food every day of the week over audio.

Same here, it would be difficult at best serving up some tasty audiophile cables cooked over a Class A amp.  Give me food and drink while I;m setting in a comfy chair listening to music.

The Truth Is Out There

2 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Same here, it would be difficult at best serving up some tasty audiophile cables cooked over a Class A amp.  Give me food and drink while I;m setting in a comfy chair listening to music.

I prefer good food but since most of my CAOTC upgrades are about a good sack of groceries, I am willing to eat beans and rice for week if I HAVE to have something. My Audiophile friend built his system as Self-employed house painter. He bought Linn-Naim and ate tuna, pancakes and grilled cheese...

22 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Especially if it's Tater Tot Hotdish!  The BEST kind.

The worst hotdish, if it could even be called that, I've ever had served to me was in Oregon.  Then the guitar and folk songs came out and man was it just hard to swallow anything that night.  Good thing I had an emergency butcher package of  bratwurst at home in the freezer waiting to be cooked in beer for this type of dire circumstance.

6 minutes ago, rando said:

The worst hotdish, if it could even be called that, I've ever had served to me was in Oregon.  Then the guitar and folk songs came out and man was it just hard to swallow anything that night.  Good thing I had an emergency butcher package of  bratwurst at home in the freezer waiting to be cooked in beer for this type of dire circumstance.

In Indiana (Iowa, and Illinois) we have the Breaded Pork Tenderloin or a schnitzel to folks of the Germanic heritage. One genius decided that it wasn't 'good enough' so he soaked it in brown commercial gravy and termed it a 'Wet Tenderloin'. When served with Mashed Potatoes it might be called a Hot Mess.

Hoosier have casseroles, the most popular was Slumgullion or Goulash: Macaroni, tomatoes, hamburger meat, onions, cheese and tomato sauce...grew up on it.

6 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Herbes de Provence Potato Gratin would be one of the top potato dishes, and it is hot

BigB is pointing out how a great recipe can be deconvoluted into a mess when people don't care...

Yesterday, it was my heritage, today it's my Grandmas cooking...  Damn you Ralf... ;)

No electron left behind.

16 minutes ago, wgscott said:

My wife is British, so I do a lot of my own cooking.

When we lived in Cambridge, it appeared to be a local custom to boil all of the chlorophyll out of the vegetables (albeit the small subset that had chlorophyll in the first place).

Pretty much how vegetables were handled when I was growing up in Louisiana. Boil them down to mush and add bacon.